music Bands/Artists That Most People Like But You Hate

Moog the Kvlt

They played Nirvana, Radiohead and Aphex Twin on there as well

True! Smell like teen spirit was the best video of the 90's! I'm a huge fan of Pulp, do you know them? They came last year here to Argentina, they're great! They had started on late 70's but became famous on the 90's. Their hit is "Disco 2000", a great song! I recommend you to listen "do you remember the first time?" It's my favorite Pulp song :)

banner-1_zps7364c164.png

Dubstep, techno, all that kind of stuff.

I can't find a single artist I like that makes that style of music, but everyone else seems to love it.

mephalasig.jpg

(edited)

yeah, don't judge it too hastily just because of people like Nicki Minaj or Lil Wayne!

I personally don't despise rap music just because of two idiot people

To me rap music is just not my sort of thing, even though some rappers

Can rap about something emotional and meaningful

I still find it too hard to listen to rap/hip-hop in general

True! Smell like teen spirit was the best video of the 90's! I'm a huge fan of Pulp, do you know them? They came last year here to Argentina, they're great! They had started on late 70's but became famous on the 90's. Their hit is "Disco 2000", a great song! I recommend you to listen "do you remember the first time?" It's my favorite Pulp song :)

Well I didn't know Pulp until you had mentioned them

I listened to both Disco 2000 and Do You Remember The First Time

They both were okay songs, I didn't really care for their style too much

But anyways were getting too off topic here

Dubstep, techno, all that kind of stuff.

I can't find a single artist I like that makes that style of music, but everyone else seems to love it.

Dubstep is not a good genre for a starter of electronic music

I myself am quite the electronic fan but even I have to say

That dubstep is really not a good genre

Now as for Techno.....I can't really say anything about that

Since it's hard to know whether you're somebody who doesn't know

The proper sub genre or you're actually talking about real Techno

Could I get some examples of artists that you're talking about?

Edited by Moog Voyager

V9tqq9y.png

Justin Bieber

One Direction

Carly Rae Jepsen

Taylor Swift

Nikki Minaj

Katy Perry

Nickleback (however, I think they had some good songs when they first came out)

Maroon 5

When I was watching the Grammys a couple of years back, and Maroon 5 won best rock band, I just instantly yelled out, "Maroon 5 is NOT a rock band!"

img-1243600-1-3WMz7Gb.png

Signature credit to Gone Airbourne
Xbox Live - Sir Trollestia

Steam - Sir_Trollestia

Wii U - SirTrollestia

Well I didn't know Pulp until you had mentioned themI listened to both Disco 2000 and Do You Remember The First TimeThey both were okay songs, I didn't really care for their style too much But anyways were getting too off topic here

I'm very fond of brit pop music and Pulp fits perfect! I was thinking the same about we're getting off topic, but it was nice talking about good music too :)

If i have to choose something that i really dislike is latinoamerican music like Luis Miguel, Ricardo Arjona, Cristian Castro, Ricardo Montaner, etc. I recommend you guys NOT to listen to this music!

Here in Argentina there's a genre called "Cumbia" that is disgusting to listen to. Rap and hip hop are Beethoven and Bach compared to Cumbia!

One band of cumbia is "los wachiturros", with that name you can never be good!

Edited by The Twilight Zone

banner-1_zps7364c164.png

I really really really really really really really really really really hate the Beatles, Led Zepplin, and Queen. :|

I seriously cannot stand those bands at all. My friend has flooded me with The Beatles to the point that I hate everything about them.

Led Zeppelin's voice is freaking horrible.

And Queen is Queen. :| Just, Uggh...

I also cannot stand Journey at all.

7Crdz3K.png

I'm not a huge fan of Gorillaz neither

Feel Good Inc would've been a nice song

If it weren't for that stupid rap part

Ruing the song

Finally, someone who understands my pain! I thought the song was amazing and then that stupid rap bit came and wrecked everything.

mooninsky03bywingsofahe_zps9d07baf1.jpg

“I never found beauty in longing for the impossible and never found the possible to be beyond my reach.” 
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I can poem well: Rhymey Time with CamRad18

Poet's Club: share, critique, and chat

Basically many artists/bands that have a horrible fandom. For example: One Direction, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepson, and Taylor Swift. These are pretty much artists I tend to stay away from. All others are pretty much okay on my end.

also not much love on nickelback. i am sad. :(

Finally, someone who understands my pain! I thought the song was amazing and then that stupid rap bit came and wrecked everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Pgz26sXM4

There you go, it's much better with Dirty Harry removed from it

Any rapper... Almost all today's hit music... The guy who did gangnam style...

There are far too many. I simply dislike the vast majority of music in todays world.

Welcome to club majority my good friend

I really really really really really really really really really really hate the Beatles, Led Zepplin, and Queen. :|

I seriously cannot stand those bands at all. My friend has flooded me with The Beatles to the point that I hate everything about them.

Led Zeppelin's voice is freaking horrible.

And Queen is Queen. :| Just, Uggh...

I also cannot stand Journey at all.

The Beatles are a legend so I can respect them for that

But their music isn't something that I'd listen to on a daily basis

Led Zeppelin are not a band that I like too much neither

And I'm not going to say anything about Journey

Since I've only heard Don't Stop Believing

Which is an unbearable song

V9tqq9y.png

I don't like Skrillex or Deadmou5 at all, I can understand why people like them ( I do like electronic music in general), but just not for me.  All the corporate sellouts are included as well.  

Edited by Dusty Soul

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

Taylor Swift, have you considered that maybe the problem is you? Stop being a whiny bitch about your issues.

One Direction, stop forcing our younger siblings to spend all their money on your useless merchandise.

Justin Beiber, it's okay, you don't have to hide it anymore. Society today has accepted lesbianism.

Ed Sheeran, go to rehab before you murder a prostitute. Seriously.

Selena Gomez, please go back to Disney Channel where I didn't have to listen to you.

Demi Lovato, the same goes for you.

Nikki Manaj, be gone daemon spawn! By the holy powers of the Emperor, I banish you back to the warp!

Lil' Wayne, I have nothing to say to you. Go to your room.

Kesha, you CANT sing. Get it through your drunk-ass brain, you are a tone deaf walrus.

That is all.

W9l6vjS.png?1?3720

I don't like Skrillex or Deadmou5 at all, I can understand why people like them, but just not for me.  All the corporate sellouts are included as well.

Oh yes thanks fgor reminding me I hate dubstep. Now every once in a while there is a good dubstep song but maybe I hate  dubstep automatically so I automatically think I hate it or I actually hate it... oh well either way.

Eminem... I just don't understand why everypony likes him. The part that annoys me most is you can curse in a song but he curses as many times as possible in his songs, trying to be cool or whatever he thinks he is doing :P

Eminem swears even more than anyone in existence

Taylor Swift, have you considered that maybe the problem is you? Stop being a whiny bitch about your issues.

One Direction, stop forcing our younger siblings to spend all their money on your useless merchandise.

Ed Sheeran, go to rehab before you murder a prostitute. Seriously.

Kesha, you CANT sing. Get it through your drunk-ass brain, you are a tone deaf walrus.

That is all.

Taylor Swift: She is overly repetitive with her lyrics that is all

1D: The merch should be the least of your problems with 1D, the fact of how they rip off of other great bands to try and gain respect is stupider

Ed Sheeran: Well at least he can write lyrics

Ke$ha: The fact of how she makes so much money when she sings like a dying walrus makes me laugh

I don't like Skrillex or Deadmou5 at all, I can understand why people like them ( I do like electronic music in general), but just not for me.  All the corporate sellouts are included as well.  

Deadmau5 he's done quite a lot of different styles

To judge him based off of his popular tracks

Maybe try listening to his lesser known stuff

Off of albums like Get Scraped and Project 56

As for Skrillex all he did was popularize

Growl basses and dubstep (without even producing that much of the genre)

So rip on him as much as you want I couldn't really care less about it

• Brohoof 1

V9tqq9y.png

Pretty much anything that gets a ton of radio airplay these days is just meh. Lady Gaga, Kesha, Bruno Mars, Lil Wayne, Nickelback, all that uninspired stuff.

There are quite a few super-metal artists I don't like a whole lot either. Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and Hatebreed pretty much top that list.

Brony music's a big one too. Most of the extremely popular guys people go on about being "ZOMG AMAZING" really just aren't.

Avenged Sevenfold sucks. I don't see why people like them so much, they have a crappy lead singer and The Rev is probably the most overrated drummer ever. Also many won't agree with me but, I think Gary Holt is a way better guitarist than Dave Mustaine. Sure I like Megadeth but, Exodus is WAAAAAAAAY better. I also can't stand Skrillex or a lot of things on the radio really. I especially hate Aventura, they're songs are f*cking annoying.

Edited by Neighvana666

I'm going to throw all my cards on the table and say Dubstep as a whole, to me it just sounds like a repetitive, glitchy, out of tune, ear-bleed inducing mess.  

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

There are quite a few super-metal artists I don't like a whole lot either. Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and Hatebreed pretty much top that list.

Brony music's a big one too. Most of the extremely popular guys people go on about being "ZOMG AMAZING" really just aren't.

Slipknot are more on the lines of "well they're an okay band" to me

But the only really great thing they've ever put out would be Snuff

It was a beautiful slow song, that really proves that if Slipknot try hard enough

They can accomplish something

Most of the Brony artists are average producers

Some of the lesser known guys such as TapsFTW and d.notive

Have talent, skill and are unique

I'm going to throw all my cards on the table and say Dubstep as a whole, to me it just sounds like a repetitive, glitchy, out of tune, ear-bleed inducing mess.  

Dubstep is far away from being glitchy

It actually has nothing to do with glitch at all

Try listening to Squarepusher or Richard Devine

Then you'll get a taste of what real glitch inspired music is like

Some Dubstep songs, if in the right structure

Can have a more smooth and solid bass drop

Though then you have the others out there

Who just take a growl bass and make it sound really loud

V9tqq9y.png

Anything and everything in the top charts I absolutely hate. In fact, there's barely ANY music I like except for the odd song here and there. The only music I really like is some 80's music and VGM. In fact, I really don't like anything with lyrics in it. I am a HUGE fan of instrumentals (which is why a lot of pony music also puts me off).

Hmm...to be honest there actually is a lot......

Ed Sheeran- everyone seems to love him, I just don't like him. At all.

Skrillex-All his songs just really get on my nerves. 

fun. - I just hate them....

Taylor Swift- WE-E ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER. All her songs are about them same thing. I want all her ex's to write a song about her called YOU'RE the problem.

Nicki Minaj- I'm ashamed that I once liked her two years ago....

Lil Wayne, Two Chainz...just any rappers like them-They shouldn't be famous. There are actual rappers out there who are way better and deserve the money and fame that these garbage rappers get.

Maroon 5

Nickelback (tho i don't think it's abnormal)

fluttershy4lifesig.jpg

I don't like most pop.  My reasoning?  I only like music when it's made for the sake of itself.  So when a person makes music for the sole purpose of making money and becoming famous (most of today's pop artists) I just want to knock they're lights out.  Not all of today's pop artists do that and I commend and salut them for that.  But the one that really pissed me off was Nicki Minaj.  Not only does she fit in the above catagory perfectly but she is painful to listen to despite.  If you enjoy ear pain check the spoiler below.

Ew!!!  Gag onto me with a spoon.  But fear not because people who share my above opinion are starting to become verbal.  Like the song below by one of my favorite artists, Modestep.  In the song below he is singing about destroying all commercial music (music made for profit).  Sound familiar (see top of post).  Anyways, the spoiler is below.

WARNING!  Some swares, watch at own risk.

Thank you once again for reading my relies and sorry for such a long rant.

• Brohoof 2

icrdig.jpg

Like my signature or avatar?  Go to Squeak Squeak's Sig+Avi Shop.

Avenged Sevenfold sucks. I don't see why people like them so much, they have a crappy lead singer and The Rev is probably the most overrated drummer ever. 

Their lead singer is fine, although I don't care for how he sounds in their newest song. And yeah, The Rev is overrated, but that's only because of the stupid fanboys who are like "z0mg he's da best drummer eva"

gc21Knt.png

Taylor Swift.. All her songs are the same goddamn thing! Some guy breaks up with her, she gets sad, she writes a song about it. It's been like that forever. No, seriously. It has.

And Nicki Minaj is pretty much the example of what most of the music industry has turn into.. Terrible rap lyrics, annoying personality, and worst of all.. Most of today's teenagers love it because.. Well, I don't know why. :I

• Brohoof 1

Alright I've got one more do add onto my list

I seriously hate R.E.M (Yeah I just said that)

Well maybe not hate, since if someone puts them on

Then I can sit through their stuff

But there's just something about them that just doesn't agree with my ears

It might be their vocals, their lyrics, their instrumentation

It's just something about them that I can't really stand

V9tqq9y.png