Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I just finished Episode 1 Season 1!!! I love it.

Hayden

Welcome to the herd... I'm sure your going to enjoy the slightly stereotypical ways of the ponies... They could almost be called a cartoon sitcom rather than a girls show... Hmm... I don't think it's a girls show anymore anyway... Sure, that's the target audience, but there are probably more men (more bronies anyway, which, since pegasisters didn't take off, 12 years + girls are called bronies too! Since at the age of 12, you're not part of the target audience anymore...) that watch the ponies than little girls... I mean, SERIOUSLY! We're almost a religion, except we have our separate religions anyway!

Okay, I was planning on becoming a Brony, then I watched the first episode, it's getting good!

This will sound silly, but I kind of envy you. You have so much new material to look forward to! We all have to sit and wait until Staurday for the next instalment! Have fun!

I'll admit, when I watched the first episode I didn't think it was anything special. Then I watched the second, because I sorta wanted to know how it ended. Then the third, because I wanted to know what a normal episode was like. Then the fourth. Then the fifth. Then the sixth. Then I was a brony.

All I cam say is, the episodes only get better as you go. Keep watching, my friend.

• Brohoof 1

I was "not a brony" for about four minutes (the time a HUB commercial break lasts.)

The HUB was on, and apparently so was My Little Pony. But I came into the room right as a commercial break started.

Four minutes later (HUB has some serious advertising issues...) I fell in love.

My friend, you sound exactly like me! The first time I had heard of bronies, I wanted to be one! I wanted to be different than the other kids! AND HERE I AM NOW.. Only telling one of my friends I'm a brony and still being scared he'll make fun of me

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to the herd... I'm sure your going to enjoy the slightly stereotypical ways of the ponies... They could almost be called a cartoon sitcom rather than a girls show... Hmm... I don't think it's a girls show anymore anyway... Sure, that's the target audience, but there are probably more men (more bronies anyway, which, since pegasisters didn't take off, 12 years + girls are called bronies too! Since at the age of 12, you're not part of the target audience anymore...) that watch the ponies than little girls... I mean, SERIOUSLY! We're almost a religion, except we have our separate religions anyway!

A religion wouldn't be a bad way to put it. Perhaps a thematic philosophy? The characters embody both vices and virtues we try to learn from and cite often. Just like how one doesn't need to be told about Noah parting the waters to escape the Egyptians, you wouldn't need to explain to a brony that Dash did the Sonic Rainboom to save Rarity. "Love and Tolerance" sounds more like a slogan than an ethos. Bronies seem to just generally promote being civil and friendly. That said, we do seem to place a high emphasis on the value of individual identity and effort. (All our fan made material, BroNYcon, unique pony avatars with individualized cutie marks and even names!)

Wait, you were planning on becoming a brony? Awesome!

I've only seen people start watching the show so they can flame it or to see what all the fuss is about.

I likewise "planned" on becoming a Brony. I heard it was good from TV Tropes, which is where I go to to find new things to read and watch, and looked up the first episode. At the get go though, I thought "brony" just meant an older fan of the show, not this extended network of interconnected fandom. So I guess I can say that I wanted to be a fan, I just didn't realize just what that meant until later. I regret nothing!

Well now you've got like 40 episodes to go, I'm so jealous of you, getting to watch the show for the first time.

You KNOW something's good when the concept of short term amnesia is an exciting prospect! I only recently made my little brother a brony, so I GET TO WATCH THE WHOLE THING OVER AGAIN WITH HIM!

Thanks for the welcome. I finished the first episode this morning, I am going to watch a few episodes after I finish homework. I will probably be caught up by Saturday. I can't wait. Also, I loved the first episode. And I am under 2 months from being 12. Also, I am a guy! Brohoof!