I just had a thought about some toys I remember that were big in my childhood. Such as Lego's, easy bake ovens, and those creepy "furby" things... *Shivers*

Anyway, what toys are nostalgic to you?

(No gak, gak is too gak.)

• Brohoof 6

Those little train set things with the wooden, puzzle piece-like tracks. The trains themselves would just be connected with the little magnets? Know what I'm talking about? 

I loved things like that when I was a kid. Anything with tracks, really. They've given me tons of fun in the past. 

• Brohoof 6

Fisher-Price are best nostalgic toys, I had a ton of the playsets including the hospital, the airport and the town set, as well as the wind up radios and Adventure People.

I liked Legos as well, I had a police and fire station set among other things. The space Legos were really cool.

Also a bunch of Matchbox cars, and I wish I'd hung on to them. They'd probably be worth money today :)

• Brohoof 1

Legos, He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers... that was my childhood.  Hell, I still love to go to the Lego store and marvel at some of the new sets.  The Lego Taj Mahal is particularly impressive.

• Brohoof 3

Those little train set things with the wooden, puzzle piece-like tracks. The trains themselves would just be connected with the little magnets? Know what I'm talking about? 

I loved things like that when I was a kid. Anything with tracks, really. They've given me tons of fun in the past. 

Ah yes, I know those. Pretty time consuming for my childhood to try to make intricate tracks that the trains would ride without crashing.

I would have to say it was mostly hot wheels and lego, but Bionicle especially, seeing as Bionicle pretty much was my childhood in this particular regard.

I know Bionicle, I think. I never had many though, just a couple.

Anybody remember that rug patterned with roads, buildings, parking lots, etc? Playing with Hotwheels on that thing was the best. As long as you didn't press the cars too hard on the rug, at least. Then the wheels and the plastic got stuck. 8(

Also, Giga Pets and Tamagotchis, oh gosh.

• Brohoof 3

I vaguely remember my grandparents buying me Ferbies in the early 2000's. and like many others, it seems, I was terrified by them. I still, for some reason, feel nostalgic about them.

• Brohoof 1

Anybody remember that rug patterned with roads, buildings, parking lots, etc? Playing with Hotwheels on that thing was the best. As long as you didn't press the cars too hard on the rug, at least. Then the wheels and the plastic got stuck. 8(

Also, Giga Pets and Tamagotchis, oh gosh.

Oh lord, same for me. Cabbage Patch Kids. Those were DA BOMB. :wub:  :wub:  With the Tamagotchis? HAHA! In third grade you were cool if you had one of those ridiculous things hanging off your backpack. Whenever I fed the stupid thing a pizza or something, it died!  :( Now I laugh at myself for loving those things. Pretty stupid, they were. Except for the little cloud game.  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Oh lord, same for me. Cabbage Patch Kids. Those were DA BOMB. :wub:  :wub:  With the Tamagotchis? HAHA! In third grade you were cool if you had one of those ridiculous things hanging off your backpack. Whenever I fed the stupid thing a pizza or something, it died!  :( Now I laugh at myself for loving those things. Pretty stupid, they were. Except for the little cloud game.  :lol:

CABBAGE PATCH KIDS, wow, I completely forgot about those! My aunt got me one for my birthday when I was 4 or 5 and it came with a toilet. A little green toilet that made flushing noises when you pressed a button. My brother, sister, and I would fight over who got to play with it. Gooood times.  B)

Yep, third grade sounds about right for tamagotchis... We weren't allowed to have them on our backpacks, though. They'd cry during class, so imagine like 30 tiny beeps coming from the coat room. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Oh god....Pogs. Anybody remember pogs? God that was proof that we were idiots as kids too.

We bought CARDBOARD. CARDBOARD, guys.

pogstack.jpg?w=480

Ugh.. ugh.. UGH.

Furbies. I hated them. We stuck one in the freezer and it still lived.

Um...why?

Oh crap nonononononono. Dude. Those golden Pokemon cards that you got out of the kid's meals at burger king. You were so boss if you had one of them lol

I wasn't much of a toy person back then and I honestly don't remember ever seeing a toy store during my childhood which could be directly or indirectly be government policy.I think was probably because child labor was still rampant somewhat so the kids were working on agriculture and they just smoke cigarette as entertainment.

I think the most memorable toys I ever had were video game consoles like gameboy and sega genesis in my late teens, I still have portable music players of all ages from cassete to cds but I don't exactly remember when I got them.

Gak gak gak! And I'm not being cute.. I had that that Pizza-scented Gak. I still remember how it smelled, and if you can remember the odor of a childhood toy it's left an impact. I also spent hours with my Creepy Crawler Oven (Creative toys are the best). Stretch Armstrong was fun, until he rips and loses his corn syrup (We all remember that). I also had one of those big marble sets where you put different loop-de-loops and slides together in a tower to make an obstacle course.

Blossomforth_130_L_wrenniepooh.jpg

This.  This made my childhood.

post-9999-0-07987000-1359631483.jpg

I had so many of these.  And I knew all the names of the ponies I had (I also knew all the ponies in the coloring books if I could see their cutie marks, and I would refuse to color them in if I didn't know their exacts colors)

God, i love My Little Pony.

Does anyone remember this thing?  Celestia, my childhood revolved around it!

fpt6226-fp7110-castle.JPG

Heck, I still have that old thing somewhere.... Granted, it's missing the stickers, several bits and the knights are pretty much all missing, but it's practically without a scratch.  Those toys from the 90s were freaking indestructible.

Also, hot wheels.  Oh man, the joy of building a jump or ramp and watching various toy cars fly clear across a room!

6107652508_005f4f535d_z.jpg

Oh and furbys?  I still have mine... 

It's still talking...

I remember commercials for bop it, but I never had one...

My brothers did have a lot of stuffed animals for some reason, always played war between them and the action figures, ended in huge messes.

When I was about five or six, K'Nex was my life. K'Nex is a construction toy system where you connect different rods and connectors to create structures. You wouldn't find a single moment of the day where I wasn't sitting on the floor building weird and wild constructions from K'Nex.

Oh man, I remember building aeroplanes, race cars, catapults, tanks, roller coasters, strange animals... loved it. The weight of all the K'Nex pieces I had was about 43kg.

This is an example of what you could make with K'Nex:

Knex-001.jpg