Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Want something even sadder than MLD read "gutterloo" Omg the tears I shed on that fan fic could have filled a pool!

And yes, MLD is a VERY good fan fic!!! :( :( :( :(

You know I found that more tragic and depressing than sad especially the trick ending still a good fanfic though and you should check out Gutterloo

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This fanfic made my eyes wet. It was really touchy. And to those who say it is overrated, keep in mind that something doesn't need to be done professional in order to be rated good. If people like it then it deserves all the popularity.

*Cough* Cupcakes *Cough* Pewdiepie *Cough* Harlem Shake *Cough*

Guess who's back with a brand new rant. This time, I'm delving into the fic's inexplicable popularity, and the factors that made it so well known by the fandom.

Aaaaaaand, despite what I say at the end, I actually do have one more MLD rant on my mind that I'd like to work on soon. Maybe even more after that. Who knows?

Edited by Mandalore Dash

• 2 months later...

Just read it! This book was so sad. I like so many others cried after reading this! I read it to see what all the fuss was about and I can honestly say this fanfic was very well written to make someone like me shed a tear!

I have been meaning to read the fic for a while, but I watched the whole thing on Youtube the other day... and I honestly cried. It was so sweet and sad at the same time, and Dashie was just... oh gosh, it was heart wrenching to watch, but in a good way. :'3

I've personally found it extremely overrated.

When I've firsr knew if that story,i thinked "It's really that sad?",buy my opinion,after reading it,changed to "Meh...Another soap opera -_- "

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

Anyway, I've read the fanfiction and have seen the RDP and short film. The fanfiction is one of top favorites, but I'm too fond of the short film adaptation. I did, however, like the RDP, which was a very entertaining video.

I enjoy sad stories, and My Little Dashie fit that role pretty well.

• Brohoof 2

0/10 would not read again.

I have since been able to locate a worse fan story, but at the time, it was far and away the worst thing I had seen the fandom produce.

The RDP was funny as usual, though. And the short film was just dripping with glorious, glorious camp. It's like Sharknado, but with ponies.

• Brohoof 1

My Little Dashie was definitely a tear-jerker at the end, I always tear up reading that one. The fan films were alright, but I like the novel better. And speaking of My Little Dashie, they are making a live action film of it, should be out sometime next year.

It's a mixed bag for me. While I will say I enjoy the concept of it (which inspired my own spin take RPs) after taking multiple re-reads I felt there could've been more add context.

To add more realism say for example, have like near caught situations.

And during the story I felt it would've been more unique if we had some light on the rest of the "Father's" family, but it doesn't even give any indication he has any other family interactions other then with his main parents.

And I felt the grammar could've been more fleshed out, it was alright but some was too simplistic and linear.

But it's emotional factor gave it a good first read through.

So my result is I enjoyed it a first read but didn't like it another read.

The MLD mini movie I enjoyed most because I'm a very visual oriented person and too see it projected as a movie made me more tolerable to it.

The RDP was very enjoyable in how it parodied and tweaked at it, I had a good laugh. :)