movies/tv That Guy With The Glasses

Kaneki

Anyone watch any stuff on his site?

I used to watch Nostalgia Critic a lot, don't know why I stopped, but I noticed I've become a Todd in the Shadows fan recently. Maybe it's cause I like terrible music. :P

erm yeah i first went there to check out Linkara's history on the power rangers as well as JesuOtaku.

i still go to the site from time to time tho current watching the newest vid 'Dreamwork's-sry  '

Yeah, I'm a fan of the site. Most days they upload somethings I want to watch. Todd is pretty good, I'm not into pop music so he's good for checking out what's going on.

There's quite a large number of different contributors.CR would seem to be the resident brony, here's his videos about the previous pony gens and FIM:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/ff/32418-episode-57-my-little-pony-retrospective-part-1

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/ff/32594-episode-58-my-little-pony-retrospective-g4

There's also a few reviews of particular episodes titled "Reviews are magic" here:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/crspecials

I am a fan of the site as well. I am a fan of the Nostalgia Critic and The Cinema Snob. I had kind of a marathon when I started watching Cinema Snob because the NC ended. I have watched JO anime reviews as well. But because of everything happening right now in her life, she hasn't put up a review in quite some time. Demo Reel kind of flopped, but at least they are keeping the cast around. And I like Sibling Rivalry, where Doug and his brother Rob talk about and review a movie.

Also the Nostalgia Critic is back. I created a thread to discuss his return. He released his return video today. It is a good video to return on.

I'd actually never even watched Nostalgia Critic until a few weeks ago. I didn't even know he did more than that. I'll try to check out his website later.

I mainly just watch Nostalgia Critic and Todd In The Shadows. Sometimes I'll even bump into the Rap Critic now and then.

Doug's making a very risky move coming back to the Critic though. It's good to see him taking careful precautions of it though. One episode every two weeks is perfect. Also judging by his newest review on "The Odd Life Of Timothy Green", he still got it!

One series that Doug needs to stop though is the Bum Reviews. I know the Critic can be repetitive at times, but holy shit; the Bum is just the same exact thing over and over. It isn't funny anymore Doug.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, I'm a huge fan of the Nostalgia Critic, as well as to a lesser extent Linkara and the Cinema Snob. Once in a while I'll watch Jesuotaku, Marzgurl, Paw (I like Music Movies), and Nostalgia Chick too.

But I'm mainly there for Doug/NC and his material.

I used to watch a lot of his reviews, I'll probably start watching again now that he's reviewing newer movies.

I saw the Son of the Mask review yesterday and it was so funny I couldn't even breathe XD

Nostalgia Chick isn't bad either.

I find Nostalgia Chick to more informative more than anything. I usually laugh the most when she gets Nella involved. Also her review of Matilda that had a surprise twist was funny.

I've always been a fan of the Nostagia Critic, but some of his newer reviews haven't been as good as his old ones. 

But Thats just what I think .

Me too. Heh. His newer stuff before the "end" wasn't as good anymore. Although the "last" episode I really enjoyed, especially the Star Trek references (even though I barely know anything about Star Trek. I just recognized the poker game at the end.) The Temple of Doom review is probably my least favorite NC to date.

As for other stuff on the site, TITS and NChick are probably my two favorites. Also like when Doug just reviews things as himself, even he friggen' rambles. Also sometimes enjoy Brad Jones's midnight reviews. And JesuOtaku is pretty cool too. She done anything recently? Also, CR. Loved his Familiar Faces thing when I first discovered him. Don't think I generally watch any of the other current reviewers.

• Brohoof 1

I'm proud to say i've followed Doug Walker/TGWTG since his Youtube days before he got his own site. I've honestly lost in his videos interest a little, but I do still regularly follow Linkara and Todd in the shadows. I'm not even into American comics or pay attention to current pop music, but these guys are a blast to watch, and they have even kinda gotten me interested in both (the good stuff, I mean).

I also watch Spoony, Film Brain, Cinema Snob (although I enjoy his DVD-R Hell videos the most) somewhat regularly. I watch some of the other people on the site from time to time, but those are the main ones I kinda focus on.

I watch the Critic quite a lot. I just loved those FIM bits they threw in to his last one were pretty good. I just loved his Son Of The Mask review. That movie looks even more horrible then I thought it would be.

That review would have been perfect if he didn't drag out some of the sketch parts a little too much, other than that they where his best yet. (The buildup/delivery where the Critic got the movie out of the trash had me in tears!) As for the movie, I knew it was going to be bad as soon as Jim Carey wasn't going to be in it, I didn't realize it was actually THAT bad as well.

Edited by SailorCardKnight

I started watching the Nostalgia Critic when a friend introduced me to it, haven't really given anything else on the site a shot. I still haven't seen all the reviews but I found a bunch of them pretty funny. It's kinda neat to see that he's back now, although I thought his latest review was pretty weak and I don't like the bits much.

• 2 months later...

I haven't watched his stuff in a while, but I am definitely a fan of his Nostalgia Critic episodes. He's got a naturally likable personality, a good speaking voice, and he always throws in lots of fun references to other things. Plus, I think he's a pretty fair reviewer most of the time, unlike most movie critics.

(edited)

I watch Nostalgia Critic every once in a while but i don't watch anything else on the site. I love his style of reviewing movies, The Langoliers episode, Thomas and the Magic Railroad episode and the Dungeons & Dragons episode are my all time favourites.

Edited by ThatFinnMetalhead

Sad day for a segment of TGWTG fans... Welshy is leaving the site, and appears to be leaving the internet completely. His Twitter is gone, and his most recent vlog basically flat-out says that he'll do one more video for TGWTG and that's the last we'll see of him.

I'll miss his stuff, his videos were all extremely well-done.