Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do so many people around me not know about My Little Pony?

sampsoninc916

I feel sick and tired of going around telling people that I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and I'm a brony, and they don't even know the slightest on what I am talking about. What, is everyone too busy with looking up recipes, taking their kids to school, studying nursing and psychology, and being totally crazy about football (football (the American version, not soccer) is big where I come from) to realize that there's an entire fanbase almost equal to that of the Trekkies of Star Trek? Heck, I tell people about Adobe, the company behind Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects, and they don't know about it. I tell people about digital cinema cameras like the Arri Alexa, Red Epic, and Sony F65, and how they're making a new future for movies, and they don't know what I'm talking about. I tell people about how there are mulitple companies that provide visual effects for motion pictures and television, such as ILM, Weta Digital, Digital Domain, Sony Pictures ImageWorks, Cinesite, Double Negative, Hydraulx, and Rhythm and Hues, and they don't even know what I'm talking about. I seem to have figured out why. I make the social mistake of only talking about my interests instead of asking about their interests and hearing what they have to say. I've only met like two or three people at the university I go to that actually know about this generation of My Little Pony. Another thing, about this Pony TV movie announced at the Toy Faire. The good thing is that they're not stealing my idea for making a pony movie for distribution in 4000+ theaters across the United States, but why are they wimping out by having it for either TV or direct to video instead of putting it out on the big screen like they should be doing? You'll get a wider audience and me better conversations if you put something out in thousands of theaters in the United States. Why can't it be like the late 90s - early 2000s. During that time period, we had The Rugrats Movie, Hey Arnold: The Movie, The Wild Thornberrys Movie, Clifford's Really Big Movie, Pokemon: The First Movie, and Thomas and the Magic Railroad, all put out into theaters instead of the cheaper media formats like just TV or direct to video. Why couldn't they put it out in theaters? I have my ideas for a made for the big screen movie, but Hasbro has their ideas for a cheapo  made for TV movie. My plot, characters, and script for my idea of a movie are being kept under wraps, and so is Hasbro with theirs. Luckily, you guys answered my question about why Hasbro chooses not to kill off Princess Celestia, because they got complaints from parents when they killed off Optimus Prime from Transformers back in the 1980s, and they learned their lesson since then. You guys also answered other questions I had about the show, including:

Q: How did Celestia survive a magical blast against Queen Chrysalis?

A: Why wouldn't she? She's way way tougher than to just die with one little hit to the horn.

Q: Would Twilight's friends, siblings, and teacher leave Twilight forever?

A: No, they would never! Twilight may make a mistake, and her friends may get upset and not talk to her temporarily, but they always love her. You may be sad, but only for a temporary amount of time.

Q: Are the Wonderbolts dumb or something?

A: No. Spitfire didn't take much notice on monitoring the students of the Wonderbolts Academy, and during that tornado thing, she was inside in her office.

Q: (past topic) Why do I think so black and not so white.

A: Maybe I saw something that I should have, plus you weren't connecting with your spiritual life too much, and you were a little spazzed out or something. I should always try to be happy and never lose hope, plus even if bad things happen, I still have a second chance. 

This is one question that I may have answered myself, but I would like to hear from you guys about what your other answers may be. Do you feel the same way I do about the topic of this forum, kinda lonely that not many people around me know about My Little Pony?

• Brohoof 3

First off, I'd reccomend breaking that first text chunk into paragraphs so its easier to read.   Secondly, if your asking if I feel sad that I don't have and irl friends to talk to about the show, then not really.  I like the show for what it is: entertainment.  I don't need to tell everybody the pros and cons of the shows I like.  If it comes up casually in conversation then cool.  If not then I can just talk about it online if I want. 

• Brohoof 2

I relate to you my friend. your wall of text was totally agreeable. As for your question i live in an uncultured town. meaning people where i live are really stupid and know only one thing. My friends are better, since when i try to tell them about mlp they are open about it. whenever i meet up with some of my other friends when i talk about mlp they either dont know what im talking about or think of the generation 1 show. i then turn into a lonely disappointed dragon.

Why can't it be like the late 90s - early 2000s. During that time period, we had The Rugrats Movie, Hey Arnold: The Movie, The Wild Thornberrys Movie, Clifford's Really Big Movie, Pokemon: The First Movie, and Thomas and the Magic Railroad, all put out into theaters instead of the cheaper media formats like just TV or direct to video.

the reason they do the direct to dvd or bluray is because its cheaper when it comes to advertising. plus the faster they can get a movie out the more money they think they will get. doesnt always work though.

I make the social mistake of only talking about my interests instead of asking about their interests and hearing what they have to say.

yeah but other people are usually boring irl so talking about yourself is much more interesting haha

Well, it's your job to teach them about it. I don't know many Bronies around where I live, either. But I have told my friends about it. Most people who at least go online know about mlp, but not as many as I'd expect.

• Brohoof 1

Well, its because people don't really pay mind to a awesome show. Like for example, people really know a lot about Spider-Man because of they read the comics and watch the shows and movies. The more you advertise a certain product, the more people know more about it.

• Brohoof 2

You just happen to live in an area that does not have much bronies. But, you can always try to convince them to watch the show, and then again, you always have us! I have some bronies where I live, but not a lot. But no pony in my class likes Pokemon (although I have convinced some to play/watch it). But it's not the end of world, but understand how you feel. Having nobody to share hobbies with can be pretty frustrating. 

Have them watch the first episodes. If they say no, show it to them yourself. I'm pretty sure you can earn some bronies by doing that. But if you ever feel lonely, you have a big, friendly brony filled community right here if you need anything! But I guarantee you can at least convert/find at least ONE brony. ;) Good luck! 

• Brohoof 1

I can relate. I know a few bronies, but only one lives close (luckily my best friend). If they don't know the show and how amazing it is, then convert them into bronies! That's what happened to me. I didn't understand being a brony. But I talked to a friend brony about it and I ended up watching the first two episodes and really enjoyed it!

I say spread the fandom!! :D

Are you just walking up to random people in the street and accosting them with Ponies? You have to realize that in life, not everybody has the same interests as you do. I love MLP:FIM, but it's only a cartoon. In the grand pattern of my life, it actually isn't very important.