Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's show Hasbro that we care! C'mon!

Motion Spark

what was hasbros biggest problem with the project?

was it  the copyright infringement?

or the "violence" of childrens characters beating the crap out of each other?

im not scorning the project i just think knowing the exact opposition would help formulate a better counter-argument.

• Brohoof 1

im not scorning the project i just think knowing the exact opposition would help formulate a better counter-argument.

Well, complaining about it and trying to come up with an argument for it before we know why it happened isn't going to make it any better.

You know, the funniest part about this is that they're reading pretty much every single post in this topic, and planning to do something about it by observing our reactions.

• Brohoof 1

SweetJeans88, on 09 Feb 2013 - 23:11, said: what was hasbros biggest problem with the project? was it  the copyright infringement? or the "violence" of childrens characters beating the crap out of each other?       im not scorning the project i just think knowing the exact opposition would help formulate a better counter-argument.   Well, complaining about it and trying to come up with an argument for it before we know why it happened isn't going to make it any better.

... that what i just said??? 

im just making inquiries about the /Why/  and theorizing at the same time.

you cant fight back unless you know what youre up against.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say you're going about 80% past reasonable there. I mean, your current suggestion involves committing crimes in every country on the planet (mostly bribery) with the intent of putting every single person who owns Hasbro stock in prison. Heck, 80% overboard is pretty lenient. I believe I speak for a large portion of the community when I say we don't want to punish people, we want them to change their mind. I'd much rather have Fighting is Magic ready to play than destroy Hasbro and MLP along with ruining numerous lives.

Lobbying ain't illegal and any democratic country runs on legal bribery aka lobbying.Sometimes people just gotta be rehabilitated(prison) and they won't see the error of their ways till they do, it will send a strong message to the corporations that we could play the game the exact same way they're playing it and they'd better know whose in charge and start bending over.

Everything I have suggested is perfectly legal .

Well I signed the petition myself, and I'm not really overly comfortable with having to give out bits of personal info, I tried my best to be formal  and legit, while not giving out to much.

I hope that doesn't jeopardize anything or make my contribution any less valuable, I'm as passionate about this project being accomplished as anyone else, I hope that Hasbro will understand our love for this project and others and let this project blossom.

Hasbro has been doing so great with interacting with fans, they where the model of perfect fan and company relationships basically, but lately they've got alot less of that. They're going to have to take a stand on our side or not.

I do agree that petty complaining really won't do anything, hopefully this petition and other messages will sway Hasbro to see our thoughts and opinions in a new light.

It seems it's partially because of the second reason there. Equestria Daily has enlightened a bit about the reason why Hasbro did this. Read the whole article here if you haven't already. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/regarding-fighting-is-magic-takedown.html#more

• Brohoof 1

It seems it's partially because of the second reason there.

thank you very much ^_^ that was wonderfully informative.

the game designers would have to tweak it too, so that you couldnt make a custom pony look like the mane 6 either :/  i do believe the mmorpg city of heroes got sued by several of the comic book companies for something very similar.

I read the article and found several things wrong with it. First of all, although they say MLP:FIM is for children, Faust developed it to make it for everyone, including children. Plus, Mane6 is a small private company. Thirdly, I was reading through the comments and noticed that this may deal with Hasbro's greed. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't actually know what Hasbro's problem was, and as stated by others, we need to know that before deciding whether to hate them or not.

But honestly, I think this is happening too much with a lot of fan works like games. ESPECIALLY games. Or is it just me?

Lastly, I believe companies should stop going after fans and start going after stealers.

they'd better know whose in charge and start bending over.

post-156-0-29119500-1360485473_thumb.jpg
  • Brohoof 2

Lobbying ain't illegal and any democratic country runs on legal bribery aka lobbying.Sometimes people just gotta be rehabilitated(prison) and they won't see the error of their ways till they do, it will send a strong message to the corporations that we could play the game the exact same way they're playing it and they'd better know whose in charge and start bending over.

Everything I have suggested is perfectly legal .

No, no it isn't. Lining pockets to get what you want is called bribery, and it can get you in deep doo-doo if you try it on the wrong person, so is getting people jailed for crimes they didn't commit. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Well we may have ourselves a solution given to us by none other than Lauren Faust. 

She offered mane 6 brand new characters for their game. Lauren the leader of the bronies has listened and is willing to help us.

I am so moved. 

Edited by Silver fox 117
  • Brohoof 3

Well we may have ourselves a solution given to us by none other than Lauren Faust. 

She offered mane 6 brand new characters for their game. Lauren the leader of the bronies has listened and is willing to help us.

I am so moved. 

Still not the same but I guess this is okay. Still kind of sad they had to get that cease and desist from Hasbro. Would of been an interesting game.

• Brohoof 1

If you guys noticed I haven't been very active for the past 3 or 2 days, I wasn't home and I had very bad reception in where I was, I want to know how's everything doing. I see that the petition has grown A LOT but is Hasbro aware of it?

If you guys noticed I haven't been very active for the past 3 or 2 days, I wasn't home and I had very bad reception in where I was, I want to know how's everything doing. I see that the petition has grown A LOT but is Hasbro aware of it?

Is the petition offering $2,000,000? No. So I'm guessing they haven't payed attention to it yet. To be honest, I only voted for the hell of it. I'm doubting the possibility of this working.

• Brohoof 1

Is the petition offering $2,000,000? No. So I'm guessing they haven't payed attention to it yet. To be honest, I only voted for the hell of it. I'm doubting the possibility of this working.

fine, but you don't have to be so pessimistic about it, we will never know if we don't try at least. Who knows, maybe with these petitions Hasbro can change their minds.

• Brohoof 1

fine, but you don't have to be so pessimistic about it, we will never know if we don't try at least. Who knows, maybe with these petitions Hasbro can change their minds.

I'm not trying to say we're screwed with the petition right away, but I really don't have high hopes for it. We haven't even given Hasbro a chance to explain why yet. for all we care, there could be an extremely deep reason for the C&D and we're already making petitions and hasbro hating videos over what happened.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not trying to say we're screwed with the petition right away, but I really don't have high hopes for it. We haven't even given Hasbro a chance to explain why yet. for all we care, there could be an extremely deep reason for the C&D and we're already making petitions and hasbro hating videos over what happened.

the reason for the C&D should be very obvious to us, but as mane6 said, we have to wait how the situation evolves, also the petition can be an extra help, just a little boost to show Hasbro how many people cared about the development of this game.

• Brohoof 1

I think you guys should take a second look at what just happened - Lauren Faust is offering to make original characters for it.  That would take care of at least most (if not all) of the legal issues, and it is an awesome move by the show's creator.  I would FULLY support that.

• Brohoof 2

Signed the petition!! Twice. I have another idea though. How about we create a website, where everypony post Fighting is Magic artwork? I say it's a lot more eye catching, and in it we can post why we love the game and why it should continue. This should appeal to even those that may have never heard of it. I've seen some great artwork so far, what would People think if we have a whole website of it?!

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I think that's going to do much more harm than good. Hasbro will be compelled to shut down that site for the same reason as the game, and may come down harder on other areas of the fandom. At this point, I'm convinced they had a good reason to C&D the game, and I would much rather see Mane6 take Faust's offer and rework the game using original characters so as to not step on the MLP IP.

Don't get me wrong: I am sorry to see a labor of love like that get shut down. I've seen it in other places too where the product would have been wonderful AND completely in line with the original IP. But I really think we need to respect Hasbro's decision on this and stop doing things that are only likely to inflame their legal department.

Edited by Harvan

I don't have very much knowledge about the law, but say that the project is taken elsewhere. As in another country. Different countries have different laws, right? Why don't the Mane 6 give the project to another group in another country (who is good with English, I hope) and let them take it from there?

You can call bullshit on this, but like I said,I don't know much about how the law works

• Brohoof 1