Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Rockshire's Cavern Party!

Undyne

OOC Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/49001-rockshires-cavern-party-ooc/

The setting is placed right at the shore of the ocean. The sunset is beautiful, the rays reflecting off the waves of the water, perfecting the image of a glorious sunset...

...Though, that's not the setting. The real setting is the opening of a cave, directly at the base of a cliff... Heading inside, you see nothing but darkness... Is this even the right address? Each step you take, a small torch lit up the drab cave wall, leading further and further into a bigger light... A giant light...

Rockshire frantically moved about the entire room, setting up everything from top to bottom. Every detail had to be perfect for this party.

"All right, punch, check, snacks, check, everything else, check. *sighs* I hope everyone enjoys this party... This cost a lot in bits..." The final thing she had to do was wait for the guests to arrive...

• Brohoof 1

Star nervously stood at the mouth of the cave. *Ok...You can do this...You and Rockshire are just friends now. That was just a one time thing...Now go.* She took a few steps into the cave and flattened her ears to her head. "Its so dark." She muttered, slowly moving deeper into the cave. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw a light further into the cave.

• Brohoof 1

''So, out of all the things I could have been doing today, I go to a cave?'' Splinter asked to himself while tripping and falling. ''Ah, well. It least I'm sure this isn't another set up.'' Splinter said while getting up and noticing a bright light. ''Ooo! I think I found it!'' Splinter said while approaching the light.

(OOC: And so it begins..)

Edited by BLU Engie
  • Brohoof 1

While Rockshire was just simply waiting for guests to arrive, she could spot the tunnel beginning to shine with the torches. Perfect! They're showing up!, she thought. Two ponies approached the entrance, one which she had never seen before, the other... She knew a bit too well.

"Welcome, welcome!", she exclaimed, walking over to the new pony. "My name is Rockshire!", she exclaimed, already taking his hoof to shake it.

• Brohoof 1

"DO i really have to go to this? You know i have other things i could be doing right now." Snow said as she and her brother got to the mouth of the cave.

"Yes you do. You need to enjoy yourself a bit more." Replied Light Wind

"Well for being as protective as you are im surprised you even suggested this. You're usually against stuff like this." Wind didnt reply as the two continued their way down the dark cave until they came to torch light. "Oh good, there's ponies already here." Snow said with a mischievous  smile.

"Dont go getting any ideas Snow." but it was too late, she was already off saying hello to the other ponies. Wind let out a sigh as he slowly followed behind.

@,

@,

Star's ears perked up slightly as she smiled at her friend. "H-hey Rockshire...How are you doing ?" She noticed the colt who had just arrived. Her ears flattened once more. "I...Sorry." She fiddled with her hooves, unsure whether to just keep walking or wait to be invited.

• Brohoof 1

Splinter was alerted by the sudden shake, but didn't say anything. He instead was amazed at everything the cave had to offer. ''This is the coolest cave I've ever seen.'' Splinter thought. ''I wonder how she did it! Oh, wait a minute! She probably had lots of bits, and bought supplies! That's how most people have parties..''

@,

@,

Star's ears perked up slightly as she smiled at her friend. "H-hey Rockshire...How are you doing ?" She noticed the colt who had just arrived. Her ears flattened once more. "I...Sorry." She fiddled with her hooves, unsure whether to just keep walking or wait to be invited.

Rockshire was finished with shaking Splinter's hoof, as she turned to Star, half-down, half-happy. "Oh, uhm... Hi Star... I've been all right... W-what about you? How have you been holding up?", she asked, her voice a bit softer.

((OOC: I think it's safe to say that we are NOT going to do that again...))

• Brohoof 1

Rockshire was finished with shaking Splinter's hoof, as she turned to Star, half-down, half-happy. "Oh, uhm... Hi Star... I've been all right... W-what about you? How have you been holding up?", she asked, her voice a bit softer.

((OOC: I think it's safe to say that we are NOT going to do that again...))

(OOC: Agreed.))

Star smiled. "I've been good." She said. She stood there for a moment, trying to think of something else to say, then. "I uh...I like the cave. Did you do all the decorating and stuff by yourself ? Or did somepony help you ?" She asked, looking around at all the pretty sculptures.

''Man, this room is filling up fast.'' Splinter said while noticing 2 new ponies enter. One mare and one stallion. And he was a bit interested in the mare. ''Ah, well. It's not like this is gonna become some large obsession. It seems like that always happens whenever I go to one of these parties.''

Magpie landed outside the cave and just stared into the dark abyss. "This seems like a trap that you would find in a film" He mumbled as he entered the darkness, unsure to where he was going he fell over a few times before seeing a light at then end of the tunnel. Magpie quickly dashed towards the light to find himself outside again. "For buck sake." He said as he turned himself round and sprinted through the cave until he saw light once again. Luckily for him he had actually made it to the party this time. As he looked around the area the party was being held at he found himself rather impressed by Rockshire's work on the place.

@ ,@

Snow trotted up to the two mares talking deciding they would make a good starter for the evening. "Hey guys." she said in an confident tone. Snow looked over @ with a sparkle in her eye. "Im guessing you're the host. And who's this?" she said now turning to Star. Snow looked the mare up and down, approving of what she saw. "Im snow by the way. Thats my brother Light Wind," she pointed a hoof to the wandering stallion, "over there."

• Brohoof 1

@@Marathon,

@,

Star smiled shyly. "H-hi...Um...My name's Star Song." She said, quietly. She looked over at the stallion that Snow had pointed out. She looked back at Snow and tried to think of something to say. After a moment she figured she would let Rockshire start a conversation or something...

Slide Grease walked into the cave, holding onto his trombone case. 'Just incase....maybe I'll need to slip away and play...' he thought. Upon seeing the other ponies, he quickly bolted away and set Turner the Trombone in the first room he saw. "I'll come back for ya, buddy," he whislered. He then walked over to the large group in the middle of the main...room? Cavern? Anyways, he walked over. "Hello. I hope I'm not too late. I'm Slide Grease, but you can just call me Slide." He said, smiling.

Splinter casually wandered around humming his favorite song. He had bumped into quite a few other ponies. Falling over a couple times, he approached a table that had a punch bowl and some food on it. ''Jeez, luck isn't my greatest subject.'' Splinter moaned while getting up off of the cold cave floor and getting some punch from the punch bowl.

@Marathon

Rockshire simled warmly at the two entering the cavern. "It's great to meet you two. My name is Rockshire, and yes, I am the host." Then she noticed Magpie off at the entrance, and trotted over to him. "Hi! Thanks for showing up! My name's Rockshire, what's yours?"

Scarlet Crunch followed the ocean shore, gazing at the sunset as she pondered why she still couldn't see Rockshire's home. Scarlet had been extremely happy when Rockshire had invited several ponies for a party at her home, which Scarlet had never been in, but she was overjoyed nonetheless. Eventually she neared a cavern with a huge mouth for it's opening, and the location seemed right compared to what Rockshire had said. She stared at the opening as torches faded, probably as a pony neared the far inside of the cave.

As Scarlet went through the cave, she realized that she had been prancing through a grim stench that reminded her of a cesspit, probably 100 meters or so from the cave entrance, and she was surprised to find herself breathing fresh air. The walls around her showed no sign of colorfastness as the wall texture became more smooth and color slowly seemed to drain into the wall. Then, finally, she was in the room, and Rockshire stood nearby. Scarlet galloped over and told Rockshire, "Hey, Rockshire! I'm here!" She set her saddlebag, which, strangely, contained nothing, hence was absolutely weightless, on the ground by the wall and stated, "Wow, it's really warm in here too."

((OOC: It's a bit weird for me to see that Rockshire knows barely anypony at the party, so is it okay that Scarlet Scrunch knows Rockshire and vice versa?))

Edited by Opalicious

Slide nodded at Rockshire, but then noticed the new mare come in. "Hi," he said somewhat causally. "I'm Slide Grease. Slide for short. What's your name?" He asked, propping himself against the wall. He got tired of pretending to be slick all the time, but it was the only alternative to showing emotion; scaring ponies awah, making them hate him so much they didn't want to be around him. Then again, he didn't care; after all, he never liked any of the mares he met before, it didn't bother him whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

Star trotted over to the snack table. She grabbed herself some food and sat down on a small stone bench in the corner of the cave. She placed her Violin (Which she had with her the whole time...I just forgot to say that) on the ground next to the bench and munched on a few carrots. Watching the party goers around her.

Splinter sat down next to Star on the bench drinking a glass of punch. After drinking for a second, he had noticed a violin next to Star. ''I take it you enjoy music?'' Splinter asked, trying to make conversation. He wasn't going to be anonymous at this party. Like he had been at all the other parties he's been invited to. 

The dark silvery mare trotted down the coastline at the base of an untamed cliff, pale eyes not entirely focused on the steep cliff face. It was as if she trod this path daily, even though she had never been seen here before. Just audible above the howling wind that whipped her indigo mane about was an unusual song the mare was humming, a bit like a lullaby.

Rounding a corner, the mare came across a large cave. She drifted inside, and was completely unsurprised when it yielded all the furnishings of a well-to-do home, or the crowd of ponies within. In fact, the eyes that gazed around the room were so dreamy that she might have just wandered in there completely by accident. She just stood by the entrance, apparently entirely content to just stand there and look at the place and everypony in it.

Edited by Descant

@@Windy Scamper

"Hi, Slide. My name is Scarlet Crunch." She quickly thought about the name Slide Grease and asked him, "Is there a reason your name is Slide Grease, like it's name after something? Lemme guess! Did you once when you were a foal go down a waterslide at record speed?"

((OOC: Gotta go somewhere. I'll post soon.))

@

Star nodded. "I uh...Yes...I do quite enjoy music." She said, quietly munching on another carrot. She tried to think of something else to say but, after coming up with nothing. She bit into another carrot and kicked a small pebble next to her hoof, it rolled across the floor and bumped off a wall.

@Marathon,

Rockshire simled warmly at the two entering the cavern. "It's great to meet you two. My name is Rockshire, and yes, I am the host." Then she noticed Magpie off at the entrance, and trotted over to him. "Hi! Thanks for showing up! My name's Rockshire, what's yours?"

"My name is Magpie, yeah I know it's a terrible name." Magpie laughed. "So you are the host, right? Because it's a very nice uhh... Cave you have got here." He laughed as he looked around the room/cavern. "It must cost quite the pretty penny to keep this place this great looking."

"N...no, not quite," he stammered. 'Wow, I've heard guesses, but that....' "My parents said that it was because my mane has always been naturally slicked back, but it also fits my cutie mark..." he said, turning his flank so she could see the trombone on it. "Being a trombonist, my hooves are always full of slide grease." While turning, he noticed a mare with a violin. She was already talking to another colt, and he was tangled up with Scarlet, but....he really wanted to talk to a musician. "Say, do you want to go talk o the ponies over there?" He asked, pointing with his head over to the mare with a violin and the colt next to her.

• Brohoof 1