Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy Hearts and Hooves day!

Totally Ducklett

Happy Hearts and Hooves Day :D

I'm spending it single. I was with someone (and it would have been my first valentine day not alone...) but the whole thing fell apart a month ago because she started seeing some other guy...

Anyways, I still have fun on valentines day. I gives me an excuse to cover the woodshop technicians door with valentines cards (He's cool about it, he even kept them and added it to hes collect of stuff students have given him)

Edited by Chales

It's kinda hard on here for me on this forum.

I've gotta be the oldest member on here

I'm 30 years old and I don't look like it IRL.

Sadly I greyed early :(

Haha, no, you're not. I'll be 33 next month. I'm pretty sure I ran into a few more around my age on here as well. Not commenting on the grey though. *hides purple hair dye*. That stuff? No, I just use it to look cool. Who doesn't like purple? I'm not hiding a thing! *nervous look*.

Edited by MoonFeather

"hides purple hair dye". That stuff? No, I just use it to look cool. Who doesn't like purple?

I perfer extensions cause I'm afraid of dying my white bath tub blue :P

I sometimes wear a black wig, but that's only when I get into 

one of my gothic moods.

I'm 29 and all of my relationships have been online (Second Life makes such a thing possible). I'm single and fine with it. Yeah I used to be lonely but now that I've had a taste of just how much work and maintanence goes into a relationship... well being single really isn't that bad.

*hugs everypony thats feeling loney anyway*

here, have a hug, that'll make you feel better

img-1173270-1-come_hug_me_bro_by_tess_27there, feel better? happy hearts and hooves day. enjoy your team fortress 2 with a smile

Who else here feels 250% happier now? I was felling really depressed because no one sent me a card. But the power of pinky pie made me happy again. 

Hearts

and Hooves Day / Valentine's Day can be a tender and sweet holiday, or

an annoying obligation to spend money romancing your loved one,

depending on who you ask. For a lot of people, however, it's something a

lot worse. It is a bitter reminder of their own lonliness. They

haven't found their special somepony, and all the lovey dovey hype this

time of year just pours salt in the wound.

If you feel alone

this Hearts and Hooves Day, I implore you to take this time to

contemplate your friendships - the people in your life who catch you

when you fall, who hug you when you break up with your significant

other, the people who help you move, the people who check in on you when

you're in the hospital.

Because that's the stuff real romance is made of, not a bunch of candles on a table propped up near some overpriced food.

Every couple of months, the newspapers grab a hold of a human interest

story - a couple who has stayed happily married for 50, 60, 70 years.

The reporter always asks the same question, "What's your secret?" While

the answers always boils down to the same three things: trust,

communication, and yes, friendship. While Hollywood sells us a fairy

tale idea of romantic love, the fact of the matter is if you're not

friends with your special somepony, your relationship doesn't stand a

chance..

From the moment we are born, we are bombarded from

all directions with the idea that romantic love is what's magical. What

makes My Little Pony so revolutionary is that it puts forth the idea

that friendship is magic. And MLP is on to something. The bonds we

form - the connections we make with our fellow human beings, regardless

of whether they be romantic or platonic - that's the stuff real magic is

made of.

Celebrate that this Hearts and Hooves Day. Tell your

friends how much you appreciate them, and all they've done for you over

the years.

Remind yourself of how much you matter to your friends.

Don't despair.

Because love isn't just for lovers. It is also an important ingredient

in friendship, and as long as you have good healthy supportive

friendships, you're never really as alone as you may feel.

So

celebrate love, celebrate friendship, celebrate every connection you

make and every bond you form with your fellow human beings.

If you're feeling alone, look around you. Take stock of your

friendships. Chances are you've got more magic in your life than you

may think.

-Sprocket

Here's that blurb that Sprocket wrote that I mentioned before. Sorry it took so long, first time on an actual laptop today. Might be a little late, but still, he makes a lot of good points.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, that's very good! It always breaks my heart to see people upset over not having someone. I remember being that way when I was younger but I really just don't feel it now. I'm not one of those "romance is dead" people, I just have a better understanding of what true romance is than I did when I was younger.

I don't know how anyone can find a fake rose bought last second at a gas station romantic. Or a box of chocolates that's exactly like every other box of chocolates every other person is getting that same day because everyone feels it's mandatory. Not to mention that 90% of the time it's all one way. In straight relationships guys buy things for girls, and not vice versa. How is any of that romantic?

Romance, true romance, is organic. It's someone who gives something of themselves simply because they love you. Whether it be a family member, friend, or significant other.

Well, it's either that or music from the 19th century.

One of my favorite authors made some sense to me with these quotes:

" When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter."

Also : "We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love."

Oh, and "Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would make words like "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free." (slight clarification here, he's talking about how to make love stay, hence the reference to those words.)

Well, Tom Robbins has a ton of them, so I could go on and on but I will spare you that. I think my point is that romance is all around you, you just have to see it for yourself and not take some greeting card company, candy store's word on what it is and who feels that way about you.

Edited by MoonFeather
  • Brohoof 1

2nd year for me being alone on Hearts n Hooves day, can't really complain though since I have vacation. Still miss the feeling of having a special somepony though :/

Me too who else here is a little lonely. To make it even worse I do not have any friends. Its might be why I like my little pony so much to.