Your favorite song here?

SuperUltimateBrony

Favorite out of these?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Just vote for whichever song you prefer.

• The Flim Flam Brothers
    • A True True Friend

Wow, yesterday's match wasn't half as close as I thought it would be. Voted for A True True Friend. While the Flim Flam song is catchier, references a movie I haven't seen but probably should, and got me addicted to cider, True True friend was amazingly heartwarming and probably the best part of the finale IMO.

• Brohoof 3

Ooh tough. Film and Flam had a great song. The one song from Season 2 I always came back to. However I'm gonna give it to True True Friend. Maybe it's just because that song still feels fresh, maybe it's because it's more emotionally involved in it's characters. That song has deep integrity and meaning, where as Flim Flam Brothers has a great tune.. But it's just them boasting. All fluff no truth to it to make the viewer think and reflect.

• Brohoof 1

Wait...I'm the one Flim/Flam vote? Aww.

I've seen The Music Man, and everything about that musical appeals to me. It doesn't help that I'm a sucker for suave scam artist characters.

I don't really remember A True, True Friend...

EDIT: I'm now playing The Flim Flam Bros. song on infinite loop. Just wait! Flim and Flam will pull ahead of True, True Friend! It's just a late bloomer.  :wub:

Edited by Kolth

The Flim Flam Brothers got me addicted to Apple Cider but, a True True Friend song was a song that could just warm your heart and show you that helping a friend in need will help you see why your friends with that person in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

I couldn't really remember the Flim Flam song, so I just went back and watched it.  To be honest, it's not really my sort of thing.  It's fun for the first minute or so, then I found it to just get annoying.  Definitely voting for A True True Friend, which I thought was an overall excellent and heartwarming song that really helped to make the moral of the episode hit home.

The Flim Flam bros was a great and catchy song.

And sure, A True, True Friend was good too. But it wasn't catchy at all and wasn't exactly what I'd call great. It was okay.

P.S..

Of course. Everyone votes for A True, True Friend. >_>

Update 4:58 PM:

EVERYONE IS VOTING FOR A TRUE TRUE FRIEND

EVERYONE.

(But me)

Edited by Hazmat Headcase Hero
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna go with A True, True Friend. I just like the way the song progresses. If you listen to it, the songs continues to gain more instruments/ or change styles as the group returns to normal. I like how song continues to evolve as more people join in, it gives the tune a certain flavor to it. 

Plus Rarity's solo had an epic feel to it.  :D

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 1

The Flim/Flam brothers song was great, catchy, and got the job done, but I'm gonna have to go with A True, True Friend. I liked the whole idea that as the song progressed, each of the mane 6 were gaining back all of their qualities that make them who they are. There was just more "oomph" in the song then the Flim/Flam one. I still love both songs, but ATTF was just perfect.

• Brohoof 1

My decision is going to be hugely biased because it's an absolute tsunami of nostalgia for me. I had a VHS of The Music Man, the exact same one that the Flim Flam brothers song was based off - I loved it to bits, and thus to see it combined with the ponies I love to bits, you get a personal explosion of joy. In addition it's extremely catchy, elaborate, well-organised and exemplary of how this show can tip the hat to an adult audience, one of the production team's initial and absolutely core goals.

I just have to vote for it; for me it squashes every other song there is (apart from Smile Smile Smile) and A True True Friend is no different. Nothing against ATTF of course - very touching song, the progression worked really well, but Flim and Flam are very hard to beat.

The Flim Flam song was a bit catchy (albeit I never found it to be one of my favorite songs anyway), but A True, True Friend was fifteen levels of emotional, deep meaning and overall feels.

• Brohoof 1

I never really like the flim flam song.  I just found it to be one of those songs that was not easy to listen to.  True True friend was a great song, and gave an actual story.

• Brohoof 1

True true friend was really beautiful actually, and its fresh and new. Flim Flam brother's song was good to, but True True friend is simply wonderful to be honest :D. It has all the mane 6 singing to, so that makes me like it even more :).

So yeah I'll have to give this to True True friend. It was a really beautiful and well done song in my opinion.

Two musicals, eh? True True Friend gets the vote for having so many amazing and touching moments in it. Rainbow Dash trying out her true special talent (she's so unsure of herself, which is very rare for RD) was especially great, along with Applejack trying super hard to make dresses and then, alone out of the ponies, being all gung-ho about doing her real cutie mark. Also, Rarity was both hilarious and YAY RARITY ACTUALLY DOES HER JOB FOR ONCE IN THIS SEASON.

The Flim Flam Brothers was a good song, but it didn't have nearly as many memorable scenes.