Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Your favorite songs to relax?

Frostgage

Music is incredible in that it can powerfully influence our emotions, but we also listen to certain kinds of music depending upon our current emotions. One of the most common functions of music is when people listen to songs in order to relax. What are some of your favorite songs that help you to feel at ease?

I'll begin with the one that I am listening to as I type this:

• Brohoof 2

I have a bunch of these, music is a savior.

A couple of them are as follows.

Corpses; A Zombie Love Song by God Module

Probably one of the most relaxing songs for me in that genre.

Another one is one of my top favorite instrumentals.

As Luck Would Have It by Friend For A Foe

Those are two of many.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to make a list so I'll just go by genre.

• Jazz/Blues
  • Medieval folksong/Celtics 
  • Classical 
  • Opera 
  • Dark souls OST
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite relaxing song on the radio:

My favorite relaxing song outside of the radio:

11 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

To Relax? For me it's usually Ambient music. I really like ambient mixes on YouTube and Dark Ambient tracks.

I like ambience too! I like the FNAF World OST the best cause it ranges from relaxing to energizing so it helps to listen to it when I have stuff to do.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Added stuff
  • Brohoof 2

I listen to a lot of ambient video game music while relaxing and taking care of any easy going tasks. A couple of my favourite pieces to listen to are from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Sarif Industries Ambient Theme:

Spoiler

LIMB Clinic theme:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

I like La Vie En Rose (Melissa Manchester), What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong), Alfie (Jack Jones), Whistling Away the Dark, Feed the Birds, Say A Prayer For Me Tonight (Julie Andrews), Smile (by Charlie Chaplin), Cheer Up, Charlie (from Willy Wonka), Magic (Olivia Newton-John), and My Love is Like the Red. Red rose (Pat Boone), to name a few. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

I don’t listen to anything relaxing lol

Me either, but it relaxes me anyhow :sneer:

Listing everything would be tedious, so I'm just going to list bands/artists instead that are soothing to me:

- Mike Shinoda

- Citizen Soldier

- Daughtery

- Deltarune OST

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

any songs from john lennon’s later career. imagine, watching the wheels, beautiful boy, oh yoko, they’re all very comforting :catface:

or basically anything by paul mccartney. also the tf2 soundtrack  

Edited by brony_bonk

• 3 months later...

Ron pope but this is rare for me, and some country...

But this, her voice can literally bring me to tears, with the context of the movie it's even more ground shaking, she has the most beautiful voice I HAVE EVER heard, it's calming and emotional, idk how to describe it, I have a wide array of music tastes, some I personally know are bad... But this, this is what I consider true vocals, her voice is incredible, she's like a literal siren to me, and when you see the movie it's even more impactful than you could even imagine 

Edited by Spook Conundrum

Of massive eons and lightyears we feel lost, our emotions are at our lowest, when in doubt, tap to silence and create your own world.  When I thought about Digimon Tamers and 2 giant god-like Digimon clashing in heaven looking clouds before telling the human protagonists about a true enemy coming to wipe out all, this was playing on a once-trusted friend's radio.  

Edited by ZiggWheelsManning

• 1 year later...