Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A meeting with Death

Count Paradox

Chamois almost stepped away when he moved towards her.  But she held her ground and watched him.  "I...er...don't want to be...captured..." she sent slowly.

Its not completely a lie.

"I'm fine.  Really, I am.  Just...uh...afraid.  Cause...you know...changeling hive and all that."

You're such a bad liar, Vine.

She seemed good enough just a couple of minutes ago. It feels as if she's trying to hide something. Better get this out before we go into the hive.

"But you were perfectly fine only moments ago. Ad you've been acting a little... Strange. Tell me, Chamois, what's wrong? Something has to be wrong..."

"I'm just a strange pony is all!"

Chamois.  I think its time.

But I don't---

I'm sorry.  But...its better this way.

Chamois sighed and then bit her bottom lip, lowering her head.  She took a deep breathe and then exhaled slowly.  She looked back up at him.  She couldn't bare to glare at him.  She wanted to keep her expression blank, but it ended up being apologetic. 

"Sorry.  You need to back off."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm just a strange pony is all!"

Chamois.  I think its time.

But I don't---

I'm sorry.  But...its better this way.

Chamois sighed and then bit her bottom lip, lowering her head.  She took a deep breathe and then exhaled slowly.  She looked back up at him.  She couldn't bare to glare at him.  She wanted to keep her expression blank, but it ended up being apologetic. 

"Sorry.  You need to back off."

He blinked, feeling a little crushed on the inside; no, a little isn't the truth, he felt seriously crushed on the inside. He thought that she was warming up, but instead... He didn't know he she felt about him now.

"O-ok, then."

He dropped his head a little, then turned and started walking slowly towards the hive.

She watched him as he walked towards the hive.  Her ears pulled back and she lowered her head, ashamed.  But she had to do it.  For herself, she had to.

I'm sorry.

She started walking after him, but not going close enough.  She didn't say anything. 

She absolutely hated herself.

I tried to warn you, Chamois.  I tried.

I know.  Its my fault.

Gosh, why is it always our fault?

• Brohoof 1

He looked at Arrow. "Well, personally, I think you should wait for a bit. Why? Three reasons. One, it might have some armor advantages. Two, it will wear off eventually. And three... well, I kind of think it makes you look sleek and sexy." He said semi-jokingly, grinning his silly little grin and chuckled.

Arrow rolled her eyes but still laughed.

But she quickly stopped as they neared the entrance of the city. She followed Shade past the gates and nodded when she said they should split up. "Alright...meet you guys at the tower then." She said, taking a few steps away from the group.

@@MelancholicMemory,

Lost smiled and enjoyed the moment until he realized the others were heading off towards the changeling hive without them.

"Um... as much as I hate to ruin this, I think we should probably get moving." He said, pointing to the others who were well ahead of them.

"Oh, yeah. Let's go." She started galloping after the others, presumably with Lost Knowledge right behind them. "I'm glad we're finally making some real progress. It's time to finally enter the changeling hive." The prospect of this scared her, but it also excited her.

@@MelancholicMemory,

Lost Knowledge galloped alongside her as they followed the others towards the changeling hive. He was excited, but he couldn't help being a bit frightened as well, if not for his own safety then for Moonbeam's.

"Yeah, I guess this is where thing get serious. Are you as nervous as I am?" 

@@MelancholicMemory,

Lost Knowledge galloped alongside her as they followed the others towards the changeling hive. He was excited, but he couldn't help being a bit frightened as well, if not for his own safety then for Moonbeam's.

"Yeah, I guess this is where thing get serious. Are you as nervous as I am?" 

"Yes, I have to admit I'm a bit nervous, but I'm determined to do this. I'm actually a bit excited to finally reach our goal too. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly. We can head in, grab the sword, and get out." She felt oddly more friendly with Lost Knowledge now. She felt something...odd...in the pit of her stomach.

@@MelancholicMemory,

"Hopefully, yeah. But if things start to go bad, just stay by my side. I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

Lost knew there was more between them now than there had been previously. He felt closer to her somehow, in a way that he had only felt once before.

Now you've done it, you've gone and hopelessly fallen for her haven't you? She's not Her. You know she's not.

She doesn't have to be, I still feel the same way.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dox nodded when Shade spoke. "Ok, everypony stay safe, and try not to get sidetracked, ok Lost?" He said jokingly, as he knew Lost loved to learn about changeling. He started to walk away and was out of sight when he was tackled by an unseen force. "What the hay?!" He shouted as he looked back and saw a changeling looking back at him with soft, purple eyes.

"Oh, I apologize!" She said, quickly getting off Dox and helping him up.

Edited by Count Paradox
  • Brohoof 1

"Oh dear! Are you okay?" Moonbeam trotted over to Paradox and the changeling, inspecting Dox for injury. She then looked at he changeling curiously. She had very nice, purple eyes that seemed to almost flow around like liquid chocolate when she stared at you. They were beautiful. She wanted to ask who this mysterious changeling was, but she was afraid of saying the wrong thing and blowing their disguise.

@@Count Paradox,

Arrow quickly walked over to Dox and brushed him off...then she remembered that she was supposed to be a soldier so she stood back and acted...Proper ? She just did her best to act emotionless...but that didn't stop her from staring at the changeling that had bumped into Paradox.

• Brohoof 1

Lost saw the random changeling crashing into Paradox, but knew typical changeling behavior well enough to realize he should just stay out of it. He wasn't a very good actor anyway. He walked towards them and just stood there, not really saying or doing anything.

Moonbeam didn't want to mess this up, so she decided to leave all the talking to the other, smarter ponies. She backed up to stand beside Lost Knowledge, who now looked like that mare changeling from before. she admired his new form out of the corner of her changeling eyes, realizing just how similar they looked.

Dox stood up with the help of this new pony. "I'm ok, I'm fine. You all have no need to worry." He gave everypony a smile, then looked to the changeling. "Um... might I ask... who are you?"

"Oh, how rude of me!" She exclaimed. "I should probably introduce myself to others before I crash into them. Violet Stormwind." She raised a hoof, which Dox shook.

'Huh... I guess changelings aren't all evil... some of them are actually nice.' He thought to himself.

Shade walked into sight of the other ponies, she saw dox talking to a purple changeling. She raised her brow 'What are you doing? Even if your a changeling you still don't know how to..... Never mind' she said communicating to them...

She walked close to dox, she didnt say anything, she just gave a disapproval look.

Chamois was quiet.  Very quiet.  But finally, she spoke very quietly, aloud.

"I'm going in," she said in that horrible empty voice.  She quickened her pace so that she sped in front of him and slipped into the hive.

Chamois glanced around the large place.  It was eerie, surely.

• Brohoof 1

Dox saw Chamois going in, and he talked to her telepathically, 'Chamois, wait!' But she had already entered. He sighed and looked to the others as if to ask, what do we do now? He looked back at the gates of the changeling village, which were being shut for the night. No turning back now.

Violet saw Chamois go in, too, and she started saying, "Hey, you can't go in there! Nopony is allowed in there! It's dangerous! Although... I'd be interested to see what it looks like in there... Only the queen and her soldiers are allowed, no other changeling can go in..." She took a step to the door.

"No other pony but me if I so choose to" shade said with a sort of tone... She looks around and sees a wall that use to be covered with wanted posters, most of them where of her, but they got taken down... Probably because she hasn't been spotted by changeling for a long time.

@@Count Paradox,

Arrow stepped up towards the changeling. "They're all with me." She said, feeling happy that she was dressed as a guard...lets just hope that the changeling fell for it. "Its a long story. I am going to ask you to step out of the way." She said, in her best formal voice.

Chamois was quiet.  Very quiet.  But finally, she spoke very quietly, aloud.

"I'm going in," she said in that horrible empty voice.  She quickened her pace so that she sped in front of him and slipped into the hive.

Chamois glanced around the large place.  It was eerie, surely.

Nightfall was scared for Chamois, and while no one else was going in, he felt like he needed, just to try to keep an eye on Chamois in case anything bad happened. He slowly trotted in, not wanting to heed what anypony else would say about him going into the hive.

Violet stood in Arrow's way. "I'm not moving... not unless you promise to take me with you. Besides..." She looked at Paradox and grinned. "I kinda... bumped into somepony cute today, it would be a shame to lose track of him."

Dox blushed faintly and tried to hide behind Arrow. He was nervous about what complications could arise, but... he kinda liked it as well.

@@Count Paradox,

Arrow was doing her best not to make eye contact...until the mare mentioned something about Dox. Arrow stared straight into the mares eyes and gave her a death stare. "Don't you bucking touch him." She said, her voice full of a quiet rage. "And don't yell either, that will just make things worse on your part." She said, moving closer to the changeling so they were just a few inches away.

@@Count Paradox,

Arrow was doing her best not to make eye contact...until the mare mentioned something about Dox. Arrow stared straight into the mares eyes and gave her a death stare. "Don't you bucking touch him." She said, her voice full of a quiet rage. "And don't yell either, that will just make things worse on your part." She said, moving closer to the changeling so they were just a few inches away.

"Oh, you mean..." She teleported right next to Dox. "Like this?" She smirked at Arrow and leaned right next to Dox's cheek.

Dox was desparately trying to back away, but Violet's magic was holding him in place, and any second now she would kiss him, and then... all hell would break loose.

"Oh, you mean..." She teleported right next to Dox. "Like this?" She smirked at Arrow and leaned right next to Dox's cheek.

Dox was desparately trying to back away, but Violet's magic was holding him in place, and any second now she would kiss him, and then... all hell would break loose.

Arrow's eyes flashed and her hooves shook slightly.

Moments later vines grew out of the ground at the changelings hooves and started wrapping around them, pulling her into the ground. "If you teleport the vines will just go with you. So don't bother." She said, watching the changeling get pulled slowly deeper into the earth.