Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The writers aren't confirming that Twilicorn is temporary or permanent

Commander_PonyShep

I noticed that the writers are saying that Twilight will still be the same studious librarian who cares for her friends, even as a princess with wings symbolizing her new title. However, they also said that the two-part premiere will focus on Twilight's new life as a princess, even though odds are, it might follow the season premiere tradition of being a save-the-world story, one that might have Twilight sacrifice her wings and princesshood to save her friends.

And yes, I still believe that it will happen. And if you think it shouldn't, and that the change might as well be permanent... then no offense, but too frickin' bad. Learn to deal with it. After all, I had to learn to deal with Princess Twilicorn, so why can't the pro-Twilicorns learn to deal with the fact that it might not be permanent?

But, while they've confirmed both those things, they haven't confirmed that it'll be either temporary or permanent. Probably to avoid spoilers, I guess? I hope so, because I'd rather no information at all yet, than information that Princess Twilicorn will be permanent.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep
  • Brohoof 1

Well, season 3 just ended. I'm sure the writers are taking a short break before getting back to the production of MLP. I'm sure that once production starts, they'll answer this question. Eventually, though, it WILL be answered, as this is a big question.

I personally hope that Twilight Sparkle will remain a princess. Her coronation just makes a ton of sense to me as a capstone moment of the entire show so far, and gives the writers more opportunities for new episode ideas.

But, I don't know whether or not she will remain a princess, and I'm fine with that. I love all of the characters, and I know that I will support and continue to be a huge fan of all of them, including Twilight Sparkle, whether or not she remains a princess. I trust the writers, they've given me no reason not to so far. Princess or not, I know that I will continue to love the show. 

• Brohoof 2

I noticed that the writers are saying that Twilight will still be the same studious librarian who cares for her friends, even as a princess with wings symbolizing her new title. However, they also said that the two-part premiere will focus on Twilight's new life as a princess, even though odds are, it might follow the season premiere tradition of being a save-the-world story, one that might have Twilight sacrifice her wings and princesshood to save her friends.

And yes, I still believe that it will happen. And if you think it shouldn't, and that the change might as well be permanent... then no offense, but too frickin' bad. Learn to deal with it. After all, I had to learn to deal with Princess Twilicorn, so why can't the pro-Twilicorns learn to deal with the fact that it might not be permanent?

But, while they've confirmed both those things, they haven't confirmed that it'll be either temporary or permanent. Probably to avoid spoilers, I guess? I hope so, because I'd rather no information at all yet, than information that Princess Twilicorn will be permanent.

Dude, you're obsessing again. Take a break. I know this is important to you, but it really shouldn't be *that* important. Step back, take a deep breath. I'm getting concerned about you.

I'm personally neuatral on the whole thing. The only problem I had with it was that it wasn't planned from the begining (by the original writers). I think that Twilight being a princess was though, but it was probably meant to be much later on.

I don't mind if she stays an alicorn, I don't mind if she goes back to being a unicorn. The only thing I dread if the latter comes true is that the ones who keep threatening Hasbro to change her back (assuming they are actually doing this, and not just talking about it) will keep claiming they did it...