Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

(edited)

This line.  This line right here.

He does.  And he only sometimes feels bad about it.

That's why I love the Doctor.  He can be so morally righteous and perfectly smug and then the next moment you're going "WOAH DOCTOR NO DONT DO THAT YOU JERK!"

That's what I love about the show! One minute you can love him! The next, he can be a complete jerk that you want to slap some sense into him!

I'm interested to see who Clara turns out to be this season!

I think she might be the Face of Boe's daughter because that was referenced in a David Tennant-era episode but I could be completely wrong.

So them ignoring the Regeneration Limit? *shrug* I would hope they put *something* in about it being more difficult/dangerous/whatever past a certain point, just to put a bit of risk into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I see this being a part of a future Doctor episode. That'd be a neat story line!!

Edited by thanksforthetea

(edited)

Doctor Who is an amazing show that makes the concept of Canon go completely haywire. There are three completely independent destructions of Atlantis. I *dare* you to make a coherent history of the Daleks without deliberately skipping some of the episodes. And one name that breaks continuity into tiny little bits: Rassilon.

It's easier to list the things that are consistent than stuff that isn't. And that's what makes it so fun.

So them ignoring the Regeneration Limit? *shrug* I would hope they put *something* in about it being more difficult/dangerous/whatever past a certain point, just to put a bit of risk into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Makes me feel good.  I know there are time discrepancies, but I am satisfied by the universe remaking itself (literally in a couple cases) to retcon things but maybe I should do like I do with ponies: shutup and watch the Doctor run!

@@thanksforthetea,

Thank you for using spoilers (River said no spoilers!) because I am behind everyone else!  I'm on the last Christmas episode!  I am a sad, sad person.

Edited by Stratos

If anyone is *really* interested in classic DW, all the episodes that still exist are available via Torrent. Normally I don't recommend that, but Netflix is so spotty with old episodes that it's hard to deal with it. The big problems are: 1) you'll need to regularly consult with the full episode list to get them in vaguely the right order. 2) A large number of the first two doctor's episodes were accidentally destroyed with no video copies left (There are audio tracks for all episodes, but it's pretty hard to follow what's going on without the visuals). 3) Episodes were really a product of their time, so there's a bit of a culture shock watching the original series if you're not familiar with other stuff from the period. During the first Doctor's run, it was done almost as if it was a live show or a play, with almost no second takes, for example. 4) Lots of contradictory info in the episodes, as previously mentioned.

Yeah a few years ago netflix had a ton more classic Dr Who than they do now.  Now they only have a few select series.  It is sad because the 5th (yes the 5th he's cool jerks!) Doctor gets no love.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen every episode so far for the new series, at least the ones that are available on netflix, I've seen a couple of the movies on netflix, and I've watched a few of the doctor whooves things on youtube, although I cant say ive been very involved in the whole Doctor Who scene recently

• Brohoof 1

Doctor Who is.great. Im a newer whovian, only joined at the end of last year. Ive seen all of the newer episodes, and am slowly making my way through the older ones. My favourite doctor is Jon Pertwee, and my 'first doctor' was David Tennant. Cause for some reason, I started watching on the runaway bride episode.

Which Dr Who Theme is your favorite?

(pretend poll)

Original ultra old skool 60/70's

80's

90's

2012/current

Did I miss some?

(edited)

If there wasn't a word limit I would just say Bad Wolf right now, but there is so I will tell you that the whole Bad Wolf thing blew my brain up when the Tardis said BAD badwolf WOLF on the top I flipped my lid!!

I mean after so many episodes of it being noticeable... It was crazy how it all came together.  I will admit I thought less of the crack in the universe.  Bigger concept but less subtly in the buildup and less explosiveness in the execution.  Well, except for the whole second big bang I will give Moffat that!

Edited by Stratos

(edited)

MFW a new episode is on the telly:

tumblr_m7mrx13VQk1r4e36lo1_500.jpg

It's fun seeing how popular this show got. Why, back in my day (2005, OKAY?!), it was just me 'n me papa. Although he was all 

tumblr_m7mrx13VQk1r4e36lo1_500.jpg

back in the 60's and 70's and kept telling about it before the 2005 series started.

My dad is such a hipster.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

My uncle watched the very first episode when it aired on TV. He said it was amazing since it was something so new on television that no one had ever seen before.

He also mentioned how the Daleks scared him, where as I told him now it's more the Weeping Angels.

He stopped watching after the Third Doctor (John Pertwee) regenerated, but he thinks it's interesting how the show has managed to stay on for such a long time.

I've watched all of the most recent ones, as well as the 3rd Doctor's first episode. I'm excited to watch the new episode this weekend, even if it does start during when i normally eat. I really don't have a strong favourite, but David Tennant is my first, and therefore takes the lead.

My favorite is the tenth doctor.  It was really hard to decide between the tenth and eleventh doctors though.  I love Daleks!  They are cool, powerful, and absolutely adorable in chibi art!  They would have to be my favorite bad guys in Doctor Who.  The show is one of the best sci-fi series out there.  I also like Torchwood, a spin-off of the show.  Does anypony else watch Torchwood?

post-11645-0-26592100-1365174409_thumb.jpg

People think that the 8th doctor is the worst because he only appeared in Doctor Who: The Movie. I disagree, but I prefer Matt Smith, because his first interpretation of his form was funnier than all the others. When the Docotor regenerated into Matt Smith, he said "I'm a girl!" No other doctor to date has thought that they are of the opposite gender. Also, the 11th doctor is a boss at hacking computers and hacking the interwebs.

*wanders in* Heya!

My favourite Doctor? Jon Pertwee, mainly because that's the Doctor I started watching with back in the 70's on TVOntario.

My favourite Companion? Oooh, that's a tough one. Ace, followed by Rory and Sarah Jane Smith.

My favourite Enemy? The Master, specifically the first one as portrayed by Roger Delgado, although I admit that if we had gotten more Derek Jacobi I could easily change my mind. And I honestly think Anthony Head would have blown them all away if he had done that role.

David Tennant is my favorite. I think he had the perfect mix of anger, loneliness, and sensitivity to form a complex relationship with viewers. Matt Smith is cute and quirky, but he's all over the place sometimes.

I'm not so sure about this latest companion. I was admittedly cooking while I was watching, but I caught a whiff of Generic Spunky Girl #523. Companions like Donna were at least unique and oh-so-human.

Hah! Okay, latest episode (Cold War), has cemented Clara as a 'better than average' companion, just from one line.

In any case, BBC has just released a CD of the music that Susan was listening to in the first ever episode of Doctor Who. It was 'library music' so it's not attributed to anyone in particular. I didn't even notice, but during the episode, Susan said it was done by "John Smith and the Common Men"... Yes, I realize John Smith is a go-to alias just like Jane Doe, but it's also the human name the Doctor uses whenever he's forced to give a name.

It amuses me to think that the Doctor at some point puts together a band to do an album, in the same way he intruded into various movies and DVDs for Blink and Impossible Astronaut. laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I have someqhere to yab constantly about Doctor who. Nobody I know watches it.

The thing I love about Doctor Who is that it is so different to any other TV show. There's the sci-fi element, but also the complicated weeb of emotions which is why the show is so successful. Yes, people do need to have watched at least a season's worth of episodesto have an idea of what's happening, but everything just fits, and I'm always so sad when The Doctor loses someone. It just has this way of getting to you.

"Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff."

Best quote ever by best Doctor on one of scariest episodes ever. (Blink) No spoilers, I just started. I'm kind of jumping around.

No love for Five or Seven? They're awesome! And Four definitely deserves more votes, what with him being Second Best Doctor.

Anyway, don't know if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but word on the street is that the 50th anniversary will renumber the last three Doctors. So Nine will be Ten, Ten is Eleven, and Eleven will be Twelve. Weird.

Also, best villain is Davros.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

• 3 weeks later...

In early March I started watching Doctor Who(finally), and instantly fell in love with it. From the 9th doctor I already am in the middle of the first season with the 11th. I voted for the 10th doctor because with watching the most episodes with him, the quirky little things about him I just loved. Every time him and Jack would run off with his trenchcoat flying behind him just got me giddy. I'm so glad I started watching the Doctor! I plan to watch the 4th doctor once I catch up, maybe a bit of the 5th, 6th or 7th. The older ones look cool, but nothing I may watch in the near future.

No love for Five or Seven? They're awesome! And Four definitely deserves more votes, what with him being Second Best Doctor.

Anyway, don't know if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but word on the street is that the 50th anniversary will renumber the last three Doctors. So Nine will be Ten, Ten is Eleven, and Eleven will be Twelve. Weird.

Also, best villain is Davros.

Renumbering? That's new, I haven't heard that rumour yet.

That means inserting an 'unknown' regen between McGann and Eccleston... Or maybe only renumber 11 as 12, with 'partial' regen that Tennant's version went through in Journey's End counting as one.

It makes me suspicious that they might try to address the 12 regen limit established in the classic series. Meaning there's only one Doctor left until he 'breaks the rules'. Interesting. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, because that's requiring a lot more continuity than Doctor Who really ever followed. wacko.png