Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Spore Discussion

xremeidiot

Oh man, I LOVE this game.

I once created a creature after many hours of hard work that looks nearly exactly like my pet bird at the time (a yellowish cockatiel).

That thing destroyed anything in its path.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't played spore in like atleast a year I think, i kinda wanna play it now.. Maybe I'll go find my disk or whatever and play it a bit, or maybe not I'm not sure yet to be honest :P.

Its a pretty good game though, the creature creator is probably the best part of it though to be honest. Making creatures is just plain fun to do :D. Except for the fact I'm kinda not all that amazingly creative and therefore I don't do great at making creations..

Anyways I'll spare you a rant about my lack of creativity or something. Spores a pretty great game though :).

It was fun. Except, it was kind of a let down as well. I was expecting something a lot less child friendly. But, for what it is, it's a good game.

Would love to see a proper sequel with it's concepts better realized. It did have a great expansion which let you make and trade games using your creations. Loved it. While it sold well enough I think the game was a let down for EA. Will Wright made them a cash cow with the Sims and seeing how there's no news on a sequel on the horizon, and they didn't make a crap ton of expansions for it I think it didn't meet their expectations. Still worth exploring again. It was a great concept for a game, but just a good game.

This game is great! Picked it up on launch as the special edition which also included the making off and some concept art.

I found it awesome. The Cell stage being my favorite, followed right by Tribal warfare. Although I have yet to make a peaceful civilization. I am sure I will do that someday.

• Brohoof 1

Great game for what it's worth, but there was so much more that could and should have been done with it. I didn't like how much you could change your creature, like you could go from a blue four-legged eight-armed dragon-snake-thing to a one a one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater in the span of one generation. The game would have been better had it been more serious.

• Brohoof 1

It is quite a game, is it not? Sure there are plenty of things that they could have done different to make it better. Like every new creature is born from a meteor? There's lots of other ways. But if you play it right, it can be kinda realistic. Every new generation only change the spine by one extra or less vertebra if you want, change color gradually, and keep the positions of parts relatively the same.

On a different note, why don't people give their creatures decent names? At least use the randomizer instead of naming your hideous mish-mash of an amorphous blob and piled-on parts Dave. Am I right?

One of the few games I bought opening day was SPORE.  I loved it at first, but the more I played, the less interested I got.  The more time you put into the game, the more the cracks and flaws in the game became apparent.  In the end, the little details and choices you make really don't matter.  You're always headed to the same outcome no matter what.

While I did have fun with the game, it was dampened by the disappointment in how scaled back the game had become.  When Will was hyping Spore, he claimed that all the players would share one universe, and you'd be trading/fighting each other ultimately as well as purely CG opponents.  That sounded spectacular...and it never happened.

Also, perhaps because I never got the expansion, I was frustrated I was never able to make the larger creatures that terrorized my own in the earlier stages of the game.

Great game it was. Haven't played for a long time.

I like how you could change the creature, from a scary predator to a disguisting creature with disguisting colors but with top performance.

A waste that I did not enjoy the creature maker to create some scary and appropriate-looking predator. I kept focusing on the performance -_-

The last creature I made correctly was a 4-legged dinosaur.

I just found out how awesome the Spore wikia is. You can log on, post your creature, and give it any details you want that couldn't fit in the description. Plus they have a HUGE taxonomy classification system. This is the place for mature spore players like us, so go check it out, see what you think.

Spores are great. They preceeded seeds and were all that plants had in the days of old. They were effective, mushrooms, other fungai and even ferns user spores.

Spore is a really fun game, I have Galactic Adventures but only so I can use mods that don't work with the most recent update.

I got it a few days after release and got bored a few days later. The cell and creature phases were the only fun ones. After that, it was just a really toned down RTS. I barely played the Space phase, but it seemed like a toned down God Game :/

The creator doesn't have enough parts or flexibility to make a legit Hydralisk, so I made something Hydralisk looking and called in an Archaealisk and pretended it was an ancient Hydralisk precursor, because fuck StarCraft canon :P

I kinda want to reinstall now, though.

I definitely enjoyed this game, perhaps the creation part more so than the actual game play itself. The first couple if evolutions were really interesting and fun but then afterwards it got a bit tedious. I think 90% of the time I was busy trying to make creatures that look like Aliens or Tyranids xD.

What annoyed me most was that all of the tanks and aircraft had the same attack animations, my tanks had gatling guns but for some reason it had a mortar attack? Just those little niggles put me off from playing too much of it.

Galactic Adventure was brilliant though, had a absolute ton of fun with that expansion!

I wish I had Galactic Adventures SO much. Anyway, I have an idea. You guys give me a phylum, order, class, family, etc. from the wikia, and I'll make one specially tailored to your instructions. I don't have creepy and cute, just so you know.

Galactic Adventures is definitely a huge improvement, and some of the adventures people made could actually be pretty atmospheric and thoughtful. I never finish what I start...

I liked coming up with storylines for my empires. Like the Jelly-Boos, knights with a warlike past who focus on the sole mission of defeating the Grox. They enjoy insulting them by naming their spaceships "Fluffypoo" and the like. I also really like playing with the limbs, like with this critter:

i-KSmwtVK-M.png

My favorite creation, however, has to be "Robo-Alert", which could never survive in a proper game, but come on...

i-fNTN8fD.png

Dang, those are pretty cool. I'm not really good at outfitting creatures, but they come out okay, I guess. Hey, is the exoskeleton limbs supposed to update automatically or do I need to do something to get it?

Man, I was so hyped for spore but when it came out I was disappointed I was only 13 but dam I was sad it's wasn't at all like the early builds that were more complex or beautiful. Was so hyped for the space stage. I still play it when I have a computer working but right now I'm stuck with my phone.

Oh man, it's been so long since I played this game, I loved it!

Then I got a new computer and I got caught up in other games... I should re install spore and play it again! We should make ponies!!! That would be awesome!

I imagine you would need the creepy and cute pack to make a decent MLP character. I can sure as peas try, though! Who do you think I should make?

What about Spike? I think you could pull it off, although maybe some of the parts I'm thinking of do require that pack. Some of the more reptilian stuff should work though, no?

Good point. I'll get on that tonight before I get too hooked on Minecraft. Not sure how I'll pull off the mouth but I'll give it my all. Maybe I'll give him a scientific name, too!

Okie-dokie-loki! It's finished, and it turned out pretty okay. i also gave him a scientific name in the description. Just look for spike, small, purple, dragon, carnivore, and make sure the author's yours truly. Let me know what you think.