Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

Well, I'm happy that Luna beat Flutters only because they can't both be winners but it's a shame that Scoots didn't beat Discord.

For this one, I'm going to have to go with the ever adorable Sweetie over the mildly annoying Pinkie as well as Cadence over a background pony.

Have a feeling I'm going to be doubly disappointed here :P

If there's anyone in this tournament who's adorable, it's Pinkie Pie smile.png

img-1317207-1-pinkie_by_underpable-d5rxs

img-1317207-2-share_your_candy__please__

How can you not go d'aww at that? She's the sweetest around :3 Go Pinkie!

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 5

Pinkie vs. Sweetie is the toughest choice for me so far. img-1317406-1-blush.png  Sweetie was my favorite CMC before poor Apple Bloom. But I love Pinks. She makes us all smile. She deserved to win the first March Madness and I have no objection to her winning again.

Grrr...no, I just have to vote for the last filly left in the tournament! Come on everybody, it's a close match and she might pull it off! It's not just Sweetie Belle Pinkie is up against here. It's also Golden Sweetie Belle. AND, most awesome of all, Sweetie Bot. Nopony can stand against that.

I wonder what you get if you combine them all. Maybe...this? img-1317406-2-ohmy.png

Go Sweetie and Vinyl!

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Nopony can stand against that!!

Except for, well, a pony that eludes physics. ;)

Additionally, a pony about twenty-nine times cuter than their opposition.

FANMADE_Pinkie_Pie_character_art_no_back

Plus, Pinkie Pie is eternally faithful to her friends and loves nothing more than making them happy. She's so sweet, thoughtful and happy. She brings Ponyville to life. She's due repayment :)

• Brohoof 2

SCREW YOU VINYL SCRATCH

Princess Cadence is best princess and is way better than a silly background character or whatever the hell vinyl scratch is

stupid vinyl and her stupid wub wub dubstep bullshit!!

(Please don't take this seriously, I'm not being entirely serious lol)

• Brohoof 2

If this was a year ago, I would have voted Pinkie Pie without hesitation. Things change though, but my fondness for Sweetie Belle hasn't.

I mean, just look at her -- she's idiotically cute!

sweetie_belle___dress_by_cptofthefriends

• Brohoof 5

Vote Sweetie Belle everypony!!!  You cannot resist the adorable dynamo that is Sweetie Bot and her hypnotically cute robot voice!!!!!!!!

wub.png wub.png wub.png

• Brohoof 2

And just look at Pinkie Pie - she's a mile cuter!

img-1272529-1-om_nom_nom_by_jennieoo-d4z

That gorgeous pink plush mane, that totally happy expression... she loves everypony on the planet, and you don't even vote for her? You heartless animals! :(

Pinkie Pie all the way! laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

C'mon everyone vote Sweetie Belle.

She is obviously best filly, has adorable voice cracks and is soo adorable

I mean look at her how can you deny her victory with a look like this.

post-7852-0-58311900-1364577786_thumb.png

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

So what does Pinkie Pie do? Be the cutest pony? Be a bringer of high spirits to everyone in Ponyville? Be kind, jolly, enthusiastic, multi-talented, passionate, adorable, faithful, wilful and funny? Sing a multitude of amazing songs? How about being the poster pony that makes us as Bronies have significance, in the fact that she's a bright pink? She does all that, along with so much more.

We owe it all to Pinkie Pie. How can you vote for a robot over that?

img-1272529-2-digging_a_hole_by_quasdar-

Vote Pinkie Pie! laugh.png

• Brohoof 4

Sweetie Belle may be Best Filly, but this is Pinkie we're talking about, over all cutest, most adorable, amazing-iest pony, how can you possibly vote against her? x3

136365548434.png

Vote For Pinkie Responsibility Pie you know you want to

a_pinkie_pie_by_applebeans-d4i5isk.png

• Brohoof 1

Sweetie Belle may be a robot but does she have a psychological disorder that when her friends don't like her parties anymore that she becomes schizophrenic and talks to inanimate objects like they are her friends?

No she doesn't.

Why vote for Pinkie when you can vote for an adorable little fillie who isn't loco in the coco?

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Sweetie Belle may be a robot but does she have a psychological disorder that when her friends don't like her parties anymore that she becomes schizophrenic and talks to inanimate objects like they are her friends?

No she doesn't.

Why vote for Pinkie when you can vote for an adorable little fillie who isn't loco in the coco?

Ah, but you've foolishly shown your lack of knowledge! Pinkie Pie overthrew her insecurity, and she's not once made inanimate objects speak since then - that's remarkable strength of character. Has Sweetie Belle ever shown the same level of strength and wilfulness? Nope!

Even the fact that Pinkie Pie had that side to her shows that she's deep and full of interesting character traits. She's not just some constantly happy, and consequently boring, character - she's got so many sides to her. Sweetie Belle can't say the same.

Another Pinkie picture, methinks - you can never get enough of that gorgeous pink mane.

pinkie_pie_by_pony_spiz-d477lwt.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, but you've foolishly shown your lack of knowledge! Pinkie Pie overthrew her insecurity, and she's not once made inanimate objects speak since then - that's remarkable strength of character. Has Sweetie Belle ever shown the same level of strength and wilfulness? Nope!

Even the fact that Pinkie Pie had that side to her shows that she's deep and full of interesting character traits. She's not just some constantly happy, and consequently boring, character - she's got so many sides to her. Sweetie Belle can't say the same.

Another Pinkie picture, methinks - you can never get enough of that gorgeous pink mane.

img-1317614-1-pinkie_pie_by_pony_spiz-d4

Yes but has Pinkie Pie made Rarity a better sister and more likeable character as well as tug at your heart strings in any episodes or any time at all really? I don't think so whatsoever. Only the awesomeness of Sweetie 

Belle can do that.

img-1317640-2-Rarity-Banner.gif

Edited by cmarston1

Is disappointed by the closeness in the voting.

Pinkie is cuter

pinkie_pie_by_fireflycarnival-d5w7g0b.pn

winter_pinkie_pie_by_shinodage-d5urlwn.p

cold_day_cozy_by_austiniousi-d5svzgm.png

Has better (and more heartstring-tugging) episodes

And is a generally all around better-developed character. The Smile Song says it best, she literally lives to bring joy to others. Pinkie has done so much for the show, and she truly does make me smile and brighten up my day :)

• Brohoof 1

Yes but has Pinkie pie made Rarity a better sister and more likeable character as well as tug at your heart strings in any episodes or any time at all? I don't think so.

Sorry, tug at your heart strings? Hmm, let's get the list outHer deflation in Party Of One? Her puppy eyes in A Friend In Deed? Her sadness at her clones' devastation in Too Many Pinkie Pies? Her tearful reunion with Dash in Wonderbolt Academy? In Baby Cakes, where her care for two baby ponies led to their first words being her name? Would you like me to continue to fill the rest of the page with moments where she's been so incredible, and incredibly adorable, that your heart just twirls? 

And Pinkie Pie didn't just make a better sister out of her own sisters, but she did it to her entire family. She threw them a party on the rock farm, and turned their lives into a much happier prospect - she introduced them to smiles. She changed them. So even at Sweetie Belle's most prominent achievement (reforming a family member) Pinkie Pie's done that four times. No wait, six times - remember the baby Cakes!

I don't know what else you need to have you convinced. Pinkie Pie is just an incredible pony. smile.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry, tug at your heart strings? Hmm, let's get the list outHer deflation in Party Of One? Her puppy eyes in A Friend In Deed? Her sadness at her clones' devastation in Too Many Pinkie Pies? Her tearful reunion with Dash in Wonderbolt Academy? In Baby Cakes, where her care for two baby ponies led to their first words being her name? Would you like me to continue to fill the rest of the page with moments where she's been so incredible, and incredibly adorable, that your heart just twirls? 

And Pinkie Pie didn't just make a better sister out of her own sisters, but she did it to her entire family. She threw them a party on the rock farm, and turned their lives into a much happier prospect - she introduced them to smiles. She changed them. So even at Sweetie Belle's most prominent achievement (reforming a family member) Pinkie Pie's done that four times. No wait, six times - remember the baby Cakes!

I don't know what else you need to have you convinced. Pinkie Pie is just an incredible pony. img-1317678-1-smile.png

I meant that not only did she make Rarity a better sister she made her more likeable and tugged at our heartstrings all at the same time. I was asking if Pinkie did something like/ or that all at the same time.

And Pinkie is my second favorite of the mane 6 (behind fluttershy) but I think sompony new should win this year's competion and I also like Sweetie Belle a little bit more than Pinkie.

Edited by cmarston1

I meant that not only did she make Rarity a better sister she made her more likeable and tugged at our heartstrings at the same time. I was asking if Pinkie did something like/ or that all at the same time.

And Pinkie is my second favorite of the mane 6 (behind fluttershy) but I think sompony new should win this year's competion and I also like Sweetie Belle a little bit more than Pinkie.

Yes, she did. In one fell swoop, she had a wonderful, tugging scene where she was able to convince the baby Cakes that good things come from trust in your carers. She fused an incredibly warming bond to new family members, and made them much better ponies. Just re-watch the scene where they sleep-talk "Pinkie... Pie" as their first words, when Pinkie weeps with happiness and cuteness. If that doesn't tug at any heartstrings, then what does?

133152__safe_pinkie-pie_cup-cake_pound-c

• Brohoof 3

Yes, she did. In one fell swoop, she had a wonderful, tugging scene where she was able to convince the baby Cakes that good things come from trust in your carers. She fused an incredibly warming bond to new family members, and made them much better ponies. Just re-watch the scene where they sleep-talk "Pinkie... Pie" as their first words, when Pinkie weeps with happiness and cuteness. If that doesn't tug at any heartstrings, then what does?

img-1317692-1-133152__safe_pinkie-pie_cu

That is a genuine fair point. I still like Sweetie Belle more but I guess I wouldn't be too terribley upset if she lost to Pinkie who you made good points on why she deserves it. 

• Brohoof 2

It feels really good being able to sit out and just enjoy watching the Pinkie army duke it out with Sweetie's army. I like them both too much to get in there and try persuading people to vote for one or the other, even though you really should vote for Pinkie Pie. Mane Six > everypony else.

Besides, I have to save my big guns for the next few round where things are going to get insanely intense.

But seriously Vinyl Scratch? Why is she so popular?

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 5

Let's have a song in this thread. Smile's already been posted, so how about another of Pinkie's great tracks?

(Dude, look at 0:08. The way she twirls that baking tray on her nose. That is just... omigosh, that's sweetness on a whole new level) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__RpkuKx3E

As always, vote Pinkie! smile.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 3

Ohh tough one this time.

I picked Pinkie because even if I love Sweetie Belle over most of the CMC, Pinkie is still hilarious and random and I love her :D.

And I picked Cadence because even if Vinyl is cool and all I still like Cadence a bit more since shes more well developed overall in the show. Vinyl is mostly fandom cannon, which even if its cool isn't as great to me as real cannon :P.

Plus I love Cadence and Twilights adorable dance :D.

• Brohoof 2

I meant that not only did she make Rarity a better sister she made her more likeable and tugged at our heartstrings all at the same time. I was asking if Pinkie did something like/ or that all at the same time.

All the time, actually.

Pinkie Pie strives to "tug at the heartstrings of everypony" (including us) so much to the point where it eventually does go unnoticed. Those that are big Pinkie Pie fans don't lose perspective on this and recognize that one doesn't necessarily have to provide heartwarming emotional content to please the audience or the folks around them, though Pinkie herself is adept at the art. This is more than enough proof here:

We often forget that, despite the perceived lack of airtime she receives on these fronts, there's quite a bit she does to be very supportive; notable examples being from her roots with giving her family a more positive outlook on life (Cutie Mark Chronicles), all the way to even cheering her friends up at the Everfree Forest because they had thought the trees there had all transformed into something wicked (Elements of Harmony)!

In slight contrast, Sweetie Belle is that one sweet, impressionable, and overall adorable little girl who's generally well-liked by everyone. But it's currently not in her blood to go totally out of her way to please ponies but she could get there in the near-future. It's true that she made Rarity realize the importance of putting familial interests sometimes ahead of her own, but as far as I'm concerned, Rarity became a better character of her own volition in due time.

What's truly remarkable about Sweetie's character is how mature she is compared to the other fillies -- while she is goofy at times (like a child, which is what she is at heart), she manages to be the voice of reason in her group more often than not, taking care to accommodate somepony's feelings instead of advancing her own personal interests -- voicing her concerns and thinking things through, and this is all the while done with being as tender-hearted and young as she is. How many youngsters can say that about themselves?

... As I wrote this post I have come to realize how good of a match-up this is. Two of the more underrated characters squaring off is something to behold.

0bvkm09.jpg

• Brohoof 5