Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

Oh boy, this round... this round is going to be tough for me to decide.  For Discord vs. Scootaloo, I gotta ultimately go with Discord; I love Scoots and all, but she's still the least developed of the CMC (not counting Babs), and Discord is possibly the greatest troll in all of Equestria.  Point goes to Discord! B)

mlfw894_1317477000957857.gif

Now, the really tough decision for me here is Fluttershy vs. Princess Luna!  Gosh dang, I love Fluttershy, I really, really do, so very much, but... gosh dang, do I love Princess Luna.  Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for underdogs in this tourney, but dang it, Luna's been my favorite princess for the longest time, is such a complex and adorkable character, and has such an absolutely gorgeous character design that, Fluttershy, I'm so very sorry, but I gotta go with Luna on this one!  PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME THE STARE!!!!!! :unsure:  

33986627.jpg

Too late bro you have been a threat to the supporters of Fluttershy! We must make Fluttershy as our victorious mare!

So here you go!

post-13168-0-86006000-1364437381_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Hard for me to pick Discord over Scoots but, I have to pick my favorite dragon antagonist.

I guess time for a Discord victory dance.

img-1313360-1-RI4qK.gif

Sorry Luna, but Flutters gets this one.

img-1313360-2-130739474665.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Lightning~
  • Brohoof 3

A mane 6 pony has yet to lose against a non-mane 6 one. And besides, you do not have a choice. You will vote for Luna. BECAUSE I SAID SO IN THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE.

everythingsbetterwithar.png

Sorry Fluttershy, but you can't just win this round.

• Brohoof 3

Man, we can have epic battles between the Mane Six but instead, it's gonna be Luna winning the tournament. Why bother? Luna will always win. If Fluttershy, of all ponies can't beat her, there's no hope of any other pony beating Luna. Maybe RD but that's a stretch. :(

• Brohoof 1

Ah, come on. We let Derpy of all ponies losr. Now Rainbow Dash has to win...

Anyways, I found this round pretty easy to do. Discord basically trumps anything but Dashie, and Dashie's soulmate beats out Luna. So yeah.

The Derpy fans will get you next time, AJ.....*growl*

(Note; I looove AJ, don't get me wrong. I'm getting in the spirit of thhe fight because I love Derpy more. But trust me, I do think AJ is great, too!)

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Discord vs Scootaloo to be the close match of this bracket. My votes went to Discord and Fluttershy, but it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

I mean really, basically the god of chaos, vs a chicken. huh.png

Edited by Solles
  • Brohoof 1

As much as I like Fluttershy, I personally think Luna should win this one. I think... There's a feeling that Luna is just better.

And it has to be Discord.

I come home from work and see that the tournament's ultimate death battle went down to the wire! But we pulled it out. YAY! Victory sandvich now,

All of the hat tips to the Derpy Brigade. I'm sure she couldn't be prouder to have a dedicated group like yourselves. You fought gallantly, honorably, and fiercely. This is my dedication to you fine folks; such a noble effort deserves nothing less. wink.png

Now, everyone vote for Fluttershy! She'll give you a free hug.

fluttershy_hug_by_c_h_loboguerrero_c-d4y

• Brohoof 2

I came expecting to see a regular NCAA bracket for March Madness... I instead got something even greater! I love college basketball, but ponies and march madness?? SO AWESOME!!!!

i voted discord and luna. discord was an easy choice, but i am shocked to see such a close race. flutter v luna? i had to think for a while before choosing luna, no other pony can stand next to flutters and balance cuteness. and besides luna needs some love!

Silly fillies and colts, don't you know how to be strategic? You don't just vote for Luna because you like her better than Fluttershy! If Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, or Pinkie Pie is your favorite character, then you vote for the one who is less likely to beat your favorite in the finals. So knock off Luna, for Fluttershy is the true underdog here! Nopony will beat Luna, but Fluttershy CAN be beaten!

Edited by Sugar Cube

I have to put my vote down for Fluttershy. I'm not really that impressed with Luna to be honest.

As for Scootaloo vs Discord... I'm going with Scootaloo. Discord just doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid. 

Discord getting knocked out of the tourny by Scootaloo, now wouldn't that be something. 

• Brohoof 4

Very surprised to see Scootaloo being tied with Discord much less putting up a fight. Thought for sure Discord was gonna dominate.

no way, by the looks of it this may end up as two very close matches. i expected luna v shy to be near even and discord to own scoots. i was dead wrong... frickin' crazy right here

I must be dreaming. Derpy actually lost to Applejack?! This surely can't be real. I thought, from the beginning, we will get absolutely annihilated by the incoming Derpy horde. The most popular background pony who outshined Applejack in her own episode. Lost. 

TO THE FIFTY-TWO PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR APPLEJACK, I FRICKIN' LOVE YOU ALL.

That was beautiful :'D

Seriously, though, it was a dream come true. The very thing that I wanted to do as an Applejack fan was for her to outshine her enemy (I call it that, even though others think them friends ;)) and...that has happened. Oh. My. Gosh.

*faints*

• Brohoof 5

snip

You and me both. *Brohoofs 51 others*

I said that this match was personal ever since Derpy outshined Applejack in The Last Roundup. It was absolute payback time. And while the battle came WAAAY too close for my liking, a win is a win. I'm darn proud of our accomplishment too, but the road ends here... for the next round... we do battle.... with Twilight......

640px-Sweating_worried_Applejack_S2E15.p

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

Hey, Manaphy and everybody else who rallied the troops for Applejack? I voted for Applejack, and I'm gonna need you to return the favor now. I can't believe Luna has a big lead over Fluttershy in the early voting. What is up with that? I am disappoint. And it disturbs me that someone would suggest voting for Luna so that ANOTHER Mane 6 character would have an easier opponent in the next round.

To anybody who may be considering voting for Luna over Fluttershy, I have some required reading for you here http://mlpforums.com/blog/587/entry-2967-i-told-my-friends-on-da-im-a-brony-and-five-things-i-love-about-fluttershy/ and here http://mlpforums.com/blog/587/entry-3467-a-message-to-fluttershys-detractorsand-supporters/ also. And I have plenty more Fluttershy related walls of text for you to look at if you're interested.

Don't get me wrong, Princess Luna is a nice gal and all that. But what was her biggest accomplishment lately? Saving Scootaloo from her nightmares. Yawn. Fluttershy, on the other hoof, was able touch Discord's heart and thus ended (for the most part) his all-consuming desire to spread havoc across the planet.

As most of you are aware, I can't say enough nice things about Fluttershy. "Yes, yes, Wingnut, you're probably the most outspoken Fluttershy supporter in the forum now so we know you're going to sing her praises." Fair enough. What do others have to say? Hopefully Zygen, Soundgarden, and Comrade Dimitri will stop by to lend their support. And maybe this video will persuade you once you see how beautiful Fluttershy truly is.

That's being superficial you say? Very well. Fluttershy is much more than a pretty face. The series is full of wonderful deeds she deeds she has done for ponies and animals alike. And the coolest thing about Fluttershy is that you don't even have to BE a Fluttershy fan to realize how awesome she is.

See? Even this PMV editor who otherwise finds Fluttershy to be boring admits that she's an incredible source of courage and inspiration. If she can face...and conquer...her worst fears and adversities, why can't the rest of us do the same? That's why Fluttershy deserves your vote today!  img-1314039-1-smile.png

Oh wait, there's another match being voted on right now? My vote goes for Discord. But it doesn't really matter because Fluttershy can easily take him or Scootaloo in the next round!

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 6

Hey, Manaphy and everybody else who rallied the troops for Applejack? I voted for Applejack, and I'm gonna need you to return the favor now. I can't believe Luna has a big lead over Fluttershy in the early voting. What is up with that? I am disappoint. And it disturbs me that someone would suggest voting for Luna so that ANOTHER Mane 6 character would have an easier opponent in the next round.

Oh, I repay my favors ;) Even without so, though, Fluttershy still gets my vote, because I really don't like Princess Luna much. :U Other than that, Applejack doesn't stand the smallest smidgen of chance against Luna. If Fluttershy beats Luna, Applejack can still stand up and fight. WE MUST UNITE! FLUTTERSHY FANS! 

• Brohoof 6

I have nothing against Fluttershy, but really, Princess Luna is a lot better. She actually developed from an uncertain, overcompensating start to becoming a Princess every bit as regal as Celestia herself. She offered to fight alone against Sombra and his bid to regain his throne in the Crystal Empire, where even Twilight needed Spike's help to save to save the day. The more the history of Equestria is revealed, the more awesome Luna becomes. Let her guard the night.

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear... another Discord vs. CMC matchup?  Well, let's hope that it fares better for our resident lord of chaos this time...

I like Luna, and I like her even more since Sleepless in Ponyville, but she's not Fluttershy.  I can relate a lot more to Fluttershy's character than I can to Luna's, and it also helps that I have a weakness to things that are cute (and Fluttershy obviously isn't lacking there).

I don't need to do an appreciative paragraph - I'll just give y'all this vector. It should be reason enough to vote for Flutters.

135840266668.png

And then Discord is a much more entertaining character than Scootaloo. He's to MLP as trolling is to us. :D 

• Brohoof 4

It's a shame my top two have to be going head to head here. Means I lose out either way. I guess it could mean I win either way too though. Whatever the case, I'm giving Luna my vote. Fluttershy will forgive me, she's like that.

Voting Scoots too, cos I'm not the greatest Discord fan :P

• Brohoof 1