Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

NO NOT LYRA VS RAINBOW DASH AGAIN!!!!

If Rainbow Dash loses to Lyra again like in that other tournament, I will officially hate Lyra with a fiery passion.

Also, Shining Armor is awesome, he better not lose!!!!!

Don't worry about a thing. Dashie is gonna stomp with relatively little effort to the next round.

Shining Armor, on the other hand, is another matter entirely. Us Shining Armor fans better get out the vote if we want him to advance.

Edited by Bhending the Rules
  • Brohoof 1

Babs, Chrysalis, Rarity and Lyra have my votes. Celestia has issues, Shining is cool but not Chrysalis cool, Rarity's hotter than Spitfire IMO and Rainbow is my 3rd favorite pony ever but Lyra is my first, so sorry Rainbow. I still love you. smile.png

Princess Celestia is a boss and would own a pip squeak like Babs Seed in any kind of competition.

Queen Chrysalis is a shape shifter and powerful enough to take down Celestia. So even if it were a physical competition, she could just shape shift into whoever she needed to be at the time and gets the tactical advantage vs. Shining Armor.

Usually, the Captain of any sports team is often the best player, or has some quality that makes them who they are. So Spitfire being the Captain of the Wonderbolts gives her my vote in this matchup. Rarity doesn't "do" sports, as it were.

Rainbow Dash is the best flyer, and one of the best athletes in all of Equestria. She's got the mad skillz to take on just about anypony, even the Captain of the Wonderbolts if it came down to it. That one I might be torn on. I don't see Lyra having the skill set to take on RD.

I voted for:

1. Twilight Sparkle

2. Nightmare Moon

3. Applejack

4. Derpy Hooves ( Sorry Octavia)

This tournament is already shaping up to be tooth and nail to win.

• Brohoof 2

Votes from me:

1. Twilight Sparkle

img-1300176-1-_mlp__twilight_sparkle_by_

Why: adorkable, hardworking, earnest, anxious, and breaks down. Easily a relatable character!

2. Nightmare Moon

img-1300176-2-mlp___nightmare_moon_by_hu

Why: A villain grown from Luna's jealousy and desire to have her night treated as equally as Celestia's day. She's very well-written.

3. Applejack.

img-1300176-3-mlp___applejack_by_joehell

Why: Hardworking and honest. The most complete and levelheaded of the Mane Six.

4. Derpy

derpy_birthday_by_chubble_munch-d5rmjcm.

Why: Adorable, a klutz, aloof, and someone who'll do the best she can to make things right. This muffin-loving mailmare is legitimately best pony.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

TO ARMS, DERP BRIGADE, TO ARMS!!!  The Battle of the Background Ponies has commenced and Derpy must emerge triumphant!!!  Vote, vote I say, VOTE!!!!!!!!! angry.png

19fa15750727e1052b54c456bf099dcf_1024.jp

You see, Derpy is riding a raptor with a rocket launcher... all other arguments are invalid. sleep.png   SO VOTE FOR HER!!!!!!! angry.png

• Brohoof 2

Voted Twilight, Bloom and AJ because they're all cuter and more important to me than their opponents. A sad farewell to Nightmare Moon. blush.png

As for the last matchup, I never saw much in Derpy. She just doesn't have the visual or conceptual appeal of Octavia. It's time our favorite cellist took her true place as one of the best non-Lyra background ponies.

And since Lyra and Silver Spoon are both out (BS), let's get behind Rainbow Dash and Daring Do! Cause they're just way too awesome to not advance.

po832_zps8768ee3b.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 1

As for the last matchup, I never saw much in Derpy. She just doesn't have the visual or conceptual appeal of Octavia. It's time our favorite cellist took her true place as one of the best non-Lyra background ponies.

sad_derpy_is_sad_by_johnjoseco-d3c2h4c.j

You have betrayed me Tails, and you have betrayed Derpy. img-1300608-2-sad.png  THIS MEANS WAR BETWEEN OUR HOUSES!!! img-1300608-3-angry.png   You better brace yourself, cause a s@itstorm is coming!!!

D'oh, just kidding Tails, I love ya buddy! img-1300608-4-biggrin.png  I do understand also what you're saying about Derpy, but I mostly think it's that a lot of her potential hasn't been explored.  If you want, you should check out my fanfic Batmare Begins at FimFic, where I'm trying to explore what I think is some of the potential that Derpy has for being a very in-depth and well developed character. img-1300608-5-smile.png 

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight over Granny (How did she even make it this far?), Nightmare Moon over Applebloom, Applejack instead of Cheerilee, and Derpy instead of Octavia, because she scares me.

How is NMM losing to a filly?

Twilight. No question.

Applebloom. She has a much larger role, and NMM wasn't a great villain in my opinion.

Applejack. Again, larger role.

Derpy because nopony beats Derpy!

1. Discord

2. I won't say it because, Firebolt will kill me. ohmy.png

3. Fluttershy

4. Sorry Daring Do, but Luna wins this one. sad.png

mlp_5F00_luna_5F00_by_5F00_kaninerochkan

So I won't reveal who I voted for #2. smile.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Lightning~

Discord because he rocks so much harder than that lame, Wonderbolt wannabe. sleep.png

Trixie for obviously being more great and powerful. Sorry Scoots...

Fluttershy because she's more active and more entertaining than Zecora.

And Luna because Luna is best pony.

Wow!  Last round was exciting, I tell ya what!  Great job to everypony out there representing for Derpy Hooves; it wasn't easy, but we managed to pull it off.  Now the march to ultimate victory continues, and we must prepare for Derpy's hardest opponent yet in the Sweet 16: Applejack! ph34r.png   It's going to be tough, but I'm confident that with a concerted effort we can buck AJ from the competition! cool.png

To all the Octavia fans out there, I want to congratulate and laud you for putting up such a great challenge.  That was truly a titanic battle of the background ponies, and I honestly didn't originally anticipate that Tavi would put up that much of a fight; so, well done on a fantastic effort! biggrin.png

88708+-+artist+dawnmistpony+Band+derpy_h

It was epic!!!  Simply EPIC!!!!!!! cool.png

As for this current round, aside from Scootaloo vs. Trixie, it doesn't look like there'll be too many close match-ups.  Still, ya never know, some dark horse candidate might come out of nowhere and upset somepony else.  Best of luck to everypony!!! smile.png

• Brohoof 4

Wow!  Last round was exciting, I tell ya what!  Great job to everypony out there representing for Derpy Hooves; it wasn't easy, but we managed to pull it off.  Now the march to ultimate victory continues, and we must prepare for Derpy's hardest opponent yet in the Sweet 16: Applejack! img-1301649-1-ph34r.png   It's going to be tough, but I'm confident that with a concerted effort we can buck AJ from the competition! img-1301649-2-cool.png

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.

NO BACKGROUND PONY IS BEATING APPLEJACK ON MY WATCH.

Thankfully, that's not this round, so yeah. 

I am saddened but not surprised that Discord is beating Lighting Dust. The thing is... Discord is JUST the god of chaos. He's a good character, but I prefer Lightning Dust for both being an interesting and realistic villain and for serving a more clever narrative purpose than Discord. Namely, being a very good foil for Rainbow Dash.

She's industrious, RD is lazy.

She focuses on performance, RD gets jealous of not being a wing pony. 

She displays no care for other ponies, RD is fiercely loyal.

i-Q6KktL8-S.png

• Brohoof 2

Don't these character tournaments always end with the same character winning every time? It's like those GameFaqs character polls where you know Link from Legend of Zelda is always going to win, or at least make it to the finals.

Oh well. I may as well throw in my two bits.

Discord over Lightning Dust. I like both of them, but Discord is just too amusing of a character.

Scootaloo over Trixie. She might be Great and Powerful, but that's not enough to beat Scoots.

Fluttershy over Zecora. I love Zecora, but Mane Six always take priority.

Princess Luna over Daring Do. Five bucks says Luna wins the tournament.

Edited by Sugar Cube

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.

NO BACKGROUND PONY IS BEATING APPLEJACK ON MY WATCH.

Thankfully, that's not this round, so yeah. 

derpy_challenge_accepted_by_sylentdash-d

Challenge accepted Stella!  Seeing as Spazzy and Clari are now gone, I suppose that makes you the defacto head of the Applejack forces on MLP Forums.  Very well then; assemble your forces, and we shall fight to the death come the Sweet 16!  IT SHALL BE A GLORIOUS BATTLE SUNG OF BY THE BARDS FOR AGES!!!!!!!!! angry.png

• Brohoof 1