Screw Loose - 1

Hayseed Turnip Truck - 1

Fiddlesticks - 2

Mjolna - 1

Candy Twirl - 1

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

EXECUTIVE DECISION

In order to push things along, I am personally giving Roseluck her 3rd nomination to add her to the list. Seedings will be posted soon

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

Dang it, Blossomforth was robbed sad.png. My Tails-esque campaign was halted before it could even begin, Now I'll have to make Cloud Kicker the Cinderella story background pony of the tournament. Eh. Dashie and Pinkie are in so I'm golden smile.png. Looking forward to seeing this thing get going smile.png Go Dashie!

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Okay the seedings are now posted. I wrote a little explanation as to why I seeded them the way I did. If anyone thinks someone is severely over/under rated, let me know and I'll think about it

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Because; Vinyl has like 3 seconds of screen time. Trixie had her own episode of which she was the only thing good in. :V

If she loses in the first round, I will make sure Rarity loses. If she loses in a later round, Rarity will come to win (Rarity is second best pony, though. :3)

Looking like it'll be ok...

#4s: Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Trixie, Spike

No one likes Nightmare Moon.  Chrysie is ok.  Spike will be interesting; no one likes him, but some people may hate Trixie enough to vote for him just to spite her.

Interesting how some prominent characters will be kicked out in the early rounds (seeds #1-3).  I thought that was what we were trying to avoid.  No matter, easier for Trixie.

Edited by Starswirl the Goateed
  • Brohoof 1

Looking like it'll be ok...

No one likes Nightmare Moon.  Chrysie is ok.  Spike will be interesting; no one likes him, but some people may hate Trixie enough to vote for him just to spite her.

Interesting how some prominent characters will be kicked out in the early rounds (seeds #1-3).  I thought that was what we were trying to avoid.  No matter, easier for Trixie.

They won't be facing each other, it goes 1s vs. 16s, 2s vs. 15s, 3s vs. 14s and so on. It will be a round or two until the heavyweights face each other.

BRACKET: (TO BE POSTED MONDAY POSSIBLY)

Here are the seeds. If you feel I made an egregious mistake, post your thoughts and I will consider what you have to say.

I based these seeds loosely on a couple factors:

- last year's seeding (not too much weight though)

- appearances in the show (decent weight)

- importance to the show (most weight)

- popularity within the fandom (decent weight)

SEEDINGS:

#1s: Pinkie Pie (defending champ), Discord (most pop. villain), Princess Celestia (highest authority), Twilight Sparkle (main character)

#2s: Derpy Hooves, Rainbow Dash, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence

#3s: Fluttershy, Rarity, Vinyl Scratch, Applejack

#4s: Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Trixie, Spike

#5s: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Shining Armor

#6s: Zecora, Spitfire, Soarin, Cheerilee

#7s: Octavia, Lyra, Bon Bon, Big Macintosh

#8s: Granny Smith, Mayor Mare, Doctor Whooves, Babs Seed

#9s: Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Iron Will, Lightning Dust

#10s: Fancy Pants, Braeburn, Daring Do, King Sombra

#11s: Flim, Flam, Carrot Top, Colgate

#12s: Berry Punch, Snips, Snails, Flitter

#13s: Cloud Chaser, Angel, Gummy, Twist

#14s: Photo Finish, Opal, Snowflake, Tank

#15s: Roseluck, Nurse Redheart, Winona, Owlowiscious

#16s: Dinky Hooves, Spa Twins, Cloudkicker, Rainbow Dad

Oh, man... the CMCs are all 5 seeds. Given the history of 5 seeds failing in the NCAA Tournament, I find this... POSITIVELY FRICKIN HILARIOUS. laugh.png  

Being a bracket nerd, I find the seeding... interesting. I applaud you for making the gutsy call of giving characters other than the Mane Six 1 seeds, and even dropping three of them down to the 3 line. I didn't expect that. I look forward to seeing the first round pairings... Rarity against Opal? Fluttershy against Photo Finish? Might Shining Armor be set for a second round matchup with Queen Chrysalis? I'd love to see all of that play out.

The only qualms I have, personally, are that Spike and Big Macintosh are too low. I really feel like Big Mac should come in ahead of Spitfire and Soarin. (Don't get me wrong, they're cool. But still.) The fact that Spike is behind Vinyl Scratch and Derpy shows better than anything just how out of step I am with the conventional wisdom of the fandom as a whole. XD

But hey, no one's gonna agree 100% with any bracket. You did a great job and I look forward to participating. GO FLUTTERSHY/SPIKE!!!

P.S. Please don't put Fluttershy and Spike in the same region, that'd just about kill me even if one of them loses before they have to face each other. XD

• Brohoof 1

They won't be facing each other, it goes 1s vs. 16s, 2s vs. 15s, 3s vs. 14s and so on. It will be a round or two until the heavyweights face each other.

That means Roseluck would get knocked out easily if she's up against Rainbow Dash... I AM NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT HERE. THE DOC PUT HER IN, AND I AM HERE TO STAND BY THAT DECISION.

• Brohoof 1

Less than 24 hours until competition begins.  Ya know what this calls for everypony?  That's right... 80'S TRAINING MONTAGE, GO!!! angry.png

Tomorrow, glory and honor go to the winners, while the losers get nothing but blood, sweat, tears, and disappointment... GET JACKED EVERYPONY!!! angry.png angry.png angry.png

tumblr_m1exqmxZ8Y1r6qwrao1_500.gif

• Brohoof 4

I sincerely hope The Great and Powerful Trixie or Pinkie Pie wins. I have no idea how sports work though, so who knows? I'm sure this will be very entertaining. *sits back*

• Brohoof 1

Sweet! I can't wait for this I love March Madness and now that there's ponies involved it just got 20% cooler. I'm definitely gonna be pushing for a Rainbow Dad upset in round one.

I have high hopes for Applejack, Rarity, Chrysalis and Trixie. 

I hope you're all ready to get your flanks kicked by the cutest, most awesome non-CMC filly who was ever named Silver Spoon.

...*sigh* In my fondest dreams, anyway. img-1283566-2-sad.png

Narrator: And so begins the unexpected tale of how a certain non-CMC filly became a champion.

tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

BRACKET: 

*snip*

I used a random sequence generator to assign each character to a region in groups of 4. 

Notable first round matchups:

BLANK FLANK VS. BULLY - Babs Seed vs. Silver Spoon in the Midwest region

OWNER VS. PET - Rarity vs. Opal in the Midwest region

MODEL VS. PAPARAZZI - Fluttershy vs. Photo Finish in the East region

all the others don't have any significance or happened canonically in the show lol.

Can I recommend that we have a little contest for predicting the outcome of the season?  Similar to how there are large contests for betting on what happens in an NCAA tournament, we could encourage people to pick ponies and then offer the most accurate guesser a reward of...internets?

PS: I've already made my first guesses.  I can predict two of the regional winners and I have a pretty good idea about one more.  The West bracket, however, is going to be a doozy.

PPS: I started making a list of "interesting" matches before I realized that it would give away my predictions for this proposed contest.  However, here are three that'll be fun (and which I can share).

The Royal Family feud: Chrysie versus Shining Armor versus Celestia.  Should be fun.

Luna v. Fluttershy: The rematch of an upset from last year.

Braeburn v. Octavia: Battle of opposites.

Edited by Starswirl the Goateed
  • Brohoof 1

My reaction to the bracket:

-YES! Fluttershy draws Photo Finish, Rarity faces Opal, Shining Armor and Queen Chrysalis are almost a lock to meet in the second round, and Fluttershy and Spike aren't in the same region. Everything I wanted to happen when the seedings were listed, HAPPENED!

-Pinkie Pie and Discord have, by my estimation, MUCH easier paths to the Final Four than Celestia and Twilight. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

-First round upsets? Braeburn might beat Octavia. Iron Will has a good shot at beating Granny Smith. I think Lightning Dust will beat Mayor Mare. Daring Do is an intriguing choice against Big Macintosh. Other than that, I see chalk pretty much all the way down the line for round 1.

Can I recommend that we have a little contest for predicting the outcome of the season?  Similar to how there are large contests for betting on what happens in an NCAA tournament, we could encourage people to pick ponies and then offer the most accurate guesser a reward of...internets?

I'll do it whether we have a contest or not. Here's my predictions for who is going to win.

MIDWEST REGION

1st round: Celestia, Babs Seed, Shining Armor, Queen Chrysalis, Spitfire, Rarity, Lyra, Rainbow Dash.

2nd round: Celestia, Shining Armor, Spitfire, Rainbow Dash. (Rarity is the second round's major upset loss.)

Sweet 16: Celestia, Rainbow Dash.

Elite 8: Rainbow Dash soars to the Final Four in a series of blowout wins.

WEST REGION

1st round: Twilight Sparkle, Iron Will, Apple Bloom, Nightmare Moon, Cheerilee, Applejack, Octavia, Derpy.

2nd round: Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Moon, Applejack, Derpy.

Sweet 16: Twilight Sparkle, Derpy. (I'd want AJ to beat Derpy, but I doubt it will happen.)

Elite 8: Derpy's popularity will win out, ending Twilight's Magical Royal Tournament Run.

SOUTH REGION

1st round: Discord, Lightning Dust, Scootaloo, Trixie, Zecora, Fluttershy, Big Macintosh, Princess Luna

2nd round: Discord, Trixie, Fluttershy, Princess Luna

Sweet 16: Discord, Fluttershy

Elite 8: Discord fends off a game challenge from his first true friend and advances, much to the chagrin of this poster.

EAST REGION

1st round: Pinkie Pie, Doctor Whooves, Sweetie Belle, Spike, Soarin, Vinyl Scratch, Bon Bon, Princess Cadence

2nd round: Pinkie Pie, Spike, Vinyl Scratch, Cadence

Sweet 16: Pinkie Pie, Vinyl Scratch

Elite 8: Pinkie Pie racks up four relatively effortless wins and earns an opportunity to repeat as champion.

FINAL FOUR

Rainbow Dash vs Derpy Hooves: Derpy has a large and devoted fan base and will make this a close one, but the tenacious Dash advances to the championship tilt.

Pinkie Pie vs Discord: Break out the party cannon; Pinkie ends Discord's reign of bracket chaos.

CHAMPIONSHIP

Rainbow Dash vs Pinkie Pie: In an all-Mane Six battle for the ages, Rainbow Dash finishes her journey from 2 seed to champion, and beats Pinkie Pie.

So sad to see Hayseed Turnip Truck didn't make the list! sad.png   Ah well, tournament should still be loads of fun; just woulda been fun to get that dark horse in there, ya know.  Very interested to see how the Western Region turns out; Derpy's almost certain to face Applejack at some point, and there very well may end up being a show down between Ms. Hooves and Twilight Sparkle in the Elite Eight, which would be just plain epic!!! cool.png

I feel bad for Cloud Chaser, and I'm not sure why more ponies aren't voting for her right now; don't get me wrong, Chrysalis is a great villain, but she's so nasty as well, especially after the latest comic run, so I just thought it would be nice to see a dark horse candidate take her down in the first round.  C'mon everypony, let's get Cloud Chaser through the first round ya'll!!! biggrin.png   Vote for this pony right here:

more_cloud_chaser_by_thatsgrotesque-d4u6

Just look at that swaggin' mane!  How can you say no to a mane like that?!?! cool.png

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Haha! And thus Celestia and Spitfire shall rise! Forums, Tell me. Tell me!! How could any of you, say no to these ponies? Think about it!

272350__safe_princess-celestia_cute_youn

my-little-pony-minor-Spitfire-mlp-art-49

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

A bittersweet first round for me. Celestia's going to beat Cloud Kicker even though the pegasus has a much cuter design and has annoyed me a lot less. Babs Seed for some reason is ahead of a filly who's much cuter and more interesting than she is, so shame on you all. Dashie, Shining Armor and Spitfire are locks, no surprise there, and Rarity is abusing her cat.

At least the Minty One is destroying King Sombrero.

Babs Seed for some reason is ahead of a filly who's much cuter and more interesting than she is, so shame on you all.

Cuter and more interesting? Sorry, but I find Silver Spoon (and Diamond Tiara) to be just about insufferable. Babs has a lot more room to grow as a character, as she has only appeared a couple of times, while Silver Spoon likely will remain strictly an antagonist to the CMCs.

Babs FTW, at least in this round. I feel no shame at all. cool.png

• Brohoof 1

AWWWWW YEAH, Derpy Hooves in the house!!!  Come on everypony, let's get Derpy through this round; we're gonna get the mail mare to the finals if I have anything to say about it!!!  To arms, Derp Brigade, to arms!!! cool.png

mlfw1639-1316801532.png

• Brohoof 2