Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

Ooh, look what's coming up in two rounds for the West: Derpy versus Applejack.  Also known as the "Clarity gets passionate" match.  Should be an interesting measure of the fandom's Derp-love.

Though, sadly, I feel she has no chance against Twilie in the regional finals.

Ooh, look what's coming up in two rounds for the West: Derpy versus Applejack.  Also known as the "Clarity gets passionate" match.  Should be an interesting measure of the fandom's Derp-love.

Though, sadly, I feel she has no chance against Twilie in the regional finals.

Ya know, it'll actually be quite interesting.  The AJ fans have lost a number of their hardcore fans on the forums recently, including Clarity, so us Derpy fans might be able to pull that upset off, assuming the match happens.  And yeah, if she makes it all the way to Twilight, that'll be a really tough match, but I feel like Derpy could seriously contend with her and upset her!  IT'S GONNA BE SICK!!! cool.png

OMGADS! I can't believe I hadn't even noticed this was happening until Batbrony posted about it in the youtube masterthread! I'm not even sure what the criteria is for voting, but i'm going to base all my votes on athleticism and who would kick the other ponies butt more.  I mean, it's March Madness, not favourite pony, lol. That way, I think it at least gives some other ponies a better chance then they would otherwise get until they get put up against RD and AJ. Those ponies will make you look like a newborn filly when you step to them, hahaha laugh.png

All the ponies I voted for except AJ and Nightmare Moon are losing. Figures.

Voted for, Spa Twins, Iron Will, Berry Punch, Cheerilee, AJ, Nightmare Moon, and Nurse Redheart.

Iron Will vs. Granny Smith is actually the toughest choice in here...I voted Granny though.

Unlike most bronies I don't hate Twist but Nightmare Moon is the coolest. I think Nurse Redheart is a much cuter pony with more potential than Derpy, so it's a shame to see her losing. Berry Punch ain't getting none of Apple Bloom's cider. And I voted Colgate over Cheerilee, cause oral hygiene rules.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAYOR MARE?

YOU DEMONS </3

She deserves to win! She's the second best pony! *wavey hands*

At least...well crap only two of my votes are winning. NOOOO

Come on Rainbow Dad beat Discord. I don't want to see my new favorite pony go out in round one. This is gonna be a David vs. Goliath match-up. 

I feel so bad for Rainbow Dad that he got matched up with Discord!  Poor stallion. sad.png   Very interesting that Lightning Dust is drubbing Mayor Mare pretty handily right now (I voted for LD myself); if she pulls off the win I think that'd make her the first Season 3 character to win a round, if I'm not mistaken.

And oh yeah, DERPY HOOVES FTW!!!!!!!!!!! cool.png

28811015.jpg

This is just the beginning everypony, cause the Muffin Mare gonna BUCK THE COMPETITION UP!!!!!!!!! angry.png

I actually legitimately prefer Angel to Trixie. He really has a heart of gold, and I admired the way that he tried to teach Spike a lesson in Just For Sidekicks for Spike's terrible treatment towards the pets. Too bad he has no chance of winning.

I'll be mildly disappointed if Daring Do loses her match-up, and majorly disappointed if Lightning Dust loses hers. I'd vote for Lightning Dust against much bigger players like Discord in a heartbeat. Mayor Mare? Really?

• Brohoof 1

Discord wields the powers of chaos, Rainbow Dad has no chance against such raw power.

Lightning Dust can fly circles around Mayor Mare and would leave her in the dust. Bazinga.

Snails is just too slow to compete with Scootaloo.

Trixie is very tricky and could probably find a way to beat Angel... and she has magic, even if it is dismal.

Zecora probably has a few tricks up her sleeve that she could beat Flim with.

Fluttershy could sick her woodland critters on Photo Finish.

Daring Do and Big Macintosh was really tough. BM has the strength, but Daring Do is a seasoned Indiana Jones'esque adventurer. She would find a way to beat him.

Princess Luna is simply OP.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like Daring Do and Lightning Dust will be the first two ponies to pull an upset win. I actually thought about picking Daring Do to win but eventually went with Big Mac, so that'll be my first missed prediction of the tournament.

It's a foregone conclusion that Discord will crush Lightning Dust, but I wonder how strong Daring Do will be in the next round. Might he be capable of giving Luna a run for her money? We'll see...

Well now, things certainly got interesting last round.  Lightning Dust became the first and only of the Season 3 characters to make it through, and Daring Do pulled off a bit of an upset on Big Macintosh (I voted for Mac myself, but wasn't too beat up over his loss).  Things are only going to get more and more interesting after this next round. cool.png

Edited by Batbrony

1st round has been all chalk except for 2 minor upsets, so far. I hope round 2 gets a little more exciting. I'm also loving the little headlines for each match-up after each round. Keep it up Doctor XFizzle.

• Brohoof 2

I've only lost three matchups total. Either you're all making it up to me for causing me to lose pretty much every matchup in the entire Attractive Pony tourney, or you're getting my hopes up in order to crush them later. I'm hoping for the former.

Voted Pinkie, The Doctor, Sweetie, Spike, Soarin', Vinyl, Fancy Pants and Cadence.

Edited by DashForever

Pinkie Pie Breaks Down the Walls... Of Jericho! and the 4th wall. Pretty much auto-win against Dinky Hooves.

Doctor Whooves is the freaking Doctor. 'nuff said.

Sweetie Belle is a machine. She will assimilate all other ponies with her adoreableness.

As much as I love gummy and his hopeless efforts of eating ponies, Spike has fire and isn't handicapped with a loss of teeth. Poor gummy... It had to be done.

Soarin is a Wonderbolt. Seriously. What does Carrot Top bring to the table?

Party animals like Vinyl Scratch aren't to be messed with under certain circumstances, and I don't think Snowflake has what it takes to turn down the bass cannon.

I wouldn't underestimate Fancy Pants. He would smack a common filly around like Bon Bon with class, and still look good to the public eye through some kind of political propaganda-like way through his money.

Princess Cadence has Alicorn powers. Roseluck has... Luck... maybe... and she will need every last ounce of it if she doesn't want to get trounced. Which she already is. Heck, Cadence doesn't even need Shining Armor to throw her to win this round. (would really love to see Princess Cadence vs King Sombrero) .... (Yes, I spelled it that way purposely).

I'm going to call it now: Rainbow Dash vs Fluttershy in the finals.

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. cool.png

I was expecting Angel to take it all the way, but I see that change quickly sad.png .

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to call it now: Rainbow Dash vs Fluttershy in the finals.

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. img-1293300-1-cool.png

I was expecting Angel to take it all the way, but I see that change quickly img-1293300-2-sad.png .

Boy, would I love to see that. Fluttershy is my favorite of the Mane Six, but Dashie is a very close second. I'd be satisfied with either of them winning.

On to the next round. The field of 64 is cut down to 32. More interesting match-ups but not quite into the thick of it yet. Next round - Sweet Sixteen should really get interesting.

• Brohoof 1

NO NOT LYRA VS RAINBOW DASH AGAIN!!!!

If Rainbow Dash loses to Lyra again like in that other tournament, I will officially hate Lyra with a fiery passion.

Also, Shining Armor is awesome, he better not lose!!!!!

Voted Celestia, Chrysalis, Rarity and... oh ho ho. This will be interesting. Dashie gets a chance to avenge herself for tournaments past :). Let's go Rainbow! Onward to victory!

Last round went pretty well for me. If only Fancy Pants had won...

• Brohoof 1

So hard to pick again. I'm so going to hate myself for voting on hard choices.

So I guess I'll put my vote choices here I guess. :P

1. Princess Celestia

2. Queen Chrysalis

3. Rarity (Sorry Spitfire)

4. Rainbow Dash

Time for Dashie to get some redemption.

Nice, now things are starting to get interesting!  Shining Armor and Queen Chrysalis is an especially interesting match up in this region.   C'mon Shining, pown that nasty queen into the dirt!!! angry.png

NO NOT LYRA VS RAINBOW DASH AGAIN!!!!

If Rainbow Dash loses to Lyra again like in that other tournament, I will officially hate Lyra with a fiery passion.

Also, Shining Armor is awesome, he better not lose!!!!!

but... but... Lyra is amazing sad.png

C'mon Chrysalis, I'm rooting for you! Shining Armor is no match for your greatness.

I also put in votes for Celestia and Rarity.