Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things that may or may not change for Twilight

poniesforfun

Things that might change

Rivalry with Trixie

Though the episode Magic Duel resolved their conflict, I could always imagine Trixie coming back to duel Twilight not in the same rotten way but as a fair rivalry. But now that Twilight is an alicorn I can imagine her already superior magic would become even more powerful for Trixie to have a chance against and now that she is an alicorn and Trixie is just an unicorn I think the relationship would end up being a bit awkward. It's now like an adult beating up a kid.

Flying

Instead of running about Twilight would now be flying. That would mean now three of the six mane can fly. How would the element of danger and suspense take in an adventure episode now? Twilight and Rainbow Dash can help the other ponies reach the top of the mountain by carrying them up there. And no magic didn't really help Twilight on everything, it obviously had to be used with proper concentration and study. Any hope of a 2D platformer MLP game is gone now that the main character can fly. :/

Twilight is not that distant in authority to Celestia now

Apparently the highest authority figure in Equestria is being a princess. Not a king or a queen. But a princess. With such an authority many ponies would be bowing before her arrival every scene and always favoring her opinion. It's possible there would be an episode where Twilight gets fed up with the royal treatment and disguises herself as an unicorn or a peasant. Twilight may start writing letters to Celestia but they wouldn't be the "apprentice giving a report to her master," but more like equals.
I don't know how to explain this but it doesn't have that original feel anymore.

Crown

It might be possible she would be required to wear her crown everywhere she goes but maybe Twilight would refuse to do this. I haven't seen Luna or Celestia without their crown so yeah...

No longer manager

It's my fan favorite moment when Twilight was given the task as the organizer. She became the organizer for Winter Wrap Up and the planner for the Canterlot Wedding. Now that she's a princess she would have others do this for her. Now that wouldn't stop her from organizing things but my main beef is that she won't be given that task of being an organizer. There's a bit of a difference between an authority figure being an organizer and someone specifically tasked to be the organizer.

Things that won't change

Her relationship with Shining Armor

I doubt this would change since he would always act like her older brother. I just don't see any big changes around this. Besides Shining Armor did achieve a noble status on his own anyway and since their family he won't feel intimidated by her authority.

Relationship with Spike

Don't see any change here since Spike has always acted dependent on Twilight almost like a little brother.

Relationship with the Six Mane

I don't think there would be a big change. It would just be kind of weird to see her mingling with them again now that she's an alicorn, it would look like Celestia trying to mingle with them. I can't say for certain but I think the bonds would remain the same. I mean the body type for the six mane was all the same, this sudden change can look a bit awkward (I think Twilight is taller now? Not sure on this info). This idea can be subject to change.

Adorkable Nature

This won't leave. You would have to pry it off my cold dead hooves.

• Brohoof 1

I never really thought about the whole flying aspect and how that would probably change the feel.  Huh, I think that's why they reformed Trixie in the end, so it wouldn't end up like the first bullet point.

One more thing: How other ponies treat her.

I believe it'll become kinda awkward when she's around normal civilians  She's a princess, so she should be addressed as such. So constant bowing to her will get weird, but no bowing to her would be just as weird.

Rivalry with Trixie

Though the episode Magic Duel resolved their conflict, I could always imagine Trixie coming back to duel Twilight not in the same rotten way but as a fair rivalry. But now that Twilight is an alicorn I can imagine her already superior magic would become even more powerful for Trixie to have a chance against and now that she is an alicorn and Trixie is just an unicorn I think the relationship would end up being a bit awkward. It's now like an adult beating up a kid.

It was already like that. Their rivalry is hate fueled (From both sides). Without the alicorn amulet, Trixie is not nearly as powerful in magic. Show magic could give Twilight a run for her money, but that's unlikely, as Trixie sees magic as needing to be powerful. 

Also, if you actually think she reformed, just from apologizing to get out of any trouble... Yea, no.

Adorkable Nature

This won't leave. You would have to pry it off my cold dead hooves.

But... Twilight isn't--- *shot*

• Brohoof 3

I believe it'll become kinda awkward when she's around normal civilians  She's a princess, so she should be addressed as such. So constant bowing to her will get weird, but no bowing to her would be just as weird.

Yes, this is something that has me worried. I could see ponies bowing to her and calling her 'Princess' in the season premiere, assuming it's set right after the coronation. However, if it continues on throughout the series it'll really bug me. If every time there's an episode where the mane six have to travel somewhere and Twilight is always greeted by a string of bows and "Pardon me, Princess," then it's really going to enforce the idea that the dynamic of the group has been changed. I know that Tara Strong has gone on record saying that Twilicorn hasn't affected her performance, but why would she say otherwise?

I get that the mane six should already be well known for saving the world a couple of times, (as well as Fluttershy being a supermodel for a while) but I certainly wouldn't have liked it if ponies treated them differently for being Elements of Harmony. Then again, the title of 'Princess' is something completely different. I genuinely hope that Twilight still gets treated the same way, because otherwise it will make it seem like 'The Twilight Show'.

I'd also be a bit miffed if there's constant references to her being a princess/alicorn. (Obviously this would happen in the premiere, but I mean throughout the rest of the series) If the only change is that she has wings then I could probably deal with that. The more they change, however, the more chance I have of disliking it.

• Brohoof 1

This is *exactly* one of the issues I have with Alicorn Twilight.  If you treat her like a princess, it's going to feel awkward.  If you don't treat her like a princess, it's going to be awkward. 

Someone could say that, well they don't give the rest of the Elements of Harmony special treatment for having saved the world multiple times anyway, so why would they give any special recognition for Twilight?  That's because we already have established protocol regarding treatment of princesses- for everyone to be deferential to Celestia, Luna and Cadence but then treat Twilight like any other pony would be odd to say the least.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Bear in mind that she was changed by the MacGuffins of Harmony, and it was established in the second episode that they work both ways.  They can also change a pony back to a previous form (hence why Nightmare Moon was changed back to Luna).

So if she does get changed back (I'm still not necessarily holding my breath on this one, folks), it will likely be from the same things that changed her in the first place.

Remember that even Celestia herself likely can't override the effects of the Elements of Harmony.  If she could, then logically speaking, she would still be connected to them to this very day.

Edited by SBaby

Yes, this is something that has me worried. I could see ponies bowing to her and calling her 'Princess' in the season premiere, assuming it's set right after the coronation. However, if it continues on throughout the series it'll really bug me. If every time there's an episode where the mane six have to travel somewhere and Twilight is always greeted by a string of bows and "Pardon me, Princess," then it's really going to enforce the idea that the dynamic of the group has been changed. I know that Tara Strong has gone on record saying that Twilicorn hasn't affected her performance, but why would she say otherwise?

I get that the mane six should already be well known for saving the world a couple of times, (as well as Fluttershy being a supermodel for a while) but I certainly wouldn't have liked it if ponies treated them differently for being Elements of Harmony. Then again, the title of 'Princess' is something completely different. I genuinely hope that Twilight still gets treated the same way, because otherwise it will make it seem like 'The Twilight Show'.

I'd also be a bit miffed if there's constant references to her being a princess/alicorn. (Obviously this would happen in the premiere, but I mean throughout the rest of the series) If the only change is that she has wings then I could probably deal with that. The more they change, however, the more chance I have of disliking it.

Well Fluttershy being a photo model and being popular would be temporary if you know how it goes on our media, you're only a celebrity for a few months and then their attention shifts to another. Being a princess is something you are forever.

(edited)

As far as the treating/not treating Twilight as a princess..there's absolutely nothing wrong with treating her with respect. I actually see nothing wrong with ponies not bowing- and I feel like she'd feel uncomfortable if ponies were to do that constantly. She's still Twilight just..a princess and alicorn now. I don't think there'll be too many changes with her. As far as the treating her as a princess, I'm sure it could be a potential premise for an episode- that friends don't have to be treated differently simply because they're of important status. (Though I'm sure this has already been thought of by other users on here)

As far as the Trixie thing- I don't feel like Trixie will be making a return any time soon. There just doesn't really seem to be a reason for her appearance except maybe as a background character. But as far as Twilight's magic goes- being a princess doesn't exactly mean that she's immediately more advanced in magic. There hasn't really been any evidence of 'alicorn = stronger magic.'

Also, with the letters/Celestia relationship, it doesn't seem to be too far away from the concept of a high school graduate keeping in touch with a professor/teacher they've bonded with. And even though they've graduated, it doesn't dissolve the student/teacher feel of the relationship (in my opinion.)

Edited by fluffpudge

Some ponies say that they'll be changing Twilicorn back to normal on the first episode. If they do, all our hopes about having Rainbow Dash teaching Twilight how to fly will be ruined.

Some ponies say that they'll be changing Twilicorn back to normal on the first episode. If they do, all our hopes about having Rainbow Dash teaching Twilight how to fly will be ruined.

From what I've read and seen, I think the idea of changing her back is somewhat already debunked. The writers have confirmed that they are enjoying writing using Twilicorn, so I'd like to assume that she's in quite a number of episodes in the fourth season. (:

From what I've read and seen, I think the idea of changing her back is somewhat already debunked. The writers have confirmed that they are enjoying writing using Twilicorn, so I'd like to assume that she's in quite a number of episodes in the fourth season. (:

That's great, I'm glad they aren't going to doing that since I was looking forward to some Twilicorn before they turn her back to normal.

The thing about her relationship with other ponies could be an interesting episode setup, especially because the one character who probably won't be affected by this change is Spike; Twilight has always been his very powerful mom-sister-thing who goes crazy sometimes, and nothing about that is changed by Twilicorn (I can see the sarcastic remarks from Spike already).

You could have a Spike and Twilight episode where everyone starts treating her differently, she tries to act more like a princess, Spike doesn't buy it, lessons are learned, 

i-K9bSwrg-M.png

• Brohoof 1

Bear in mind that she was changed by the MacGuffins of Harmony, and it was established in the second episode that they work both ways.  They can also change a pony back to a previous form (hence why Nightmare Moon was changed back to Luna).

The problem with the logic here is that Luna wasn't turned into Nightmare Moon by the Elements in the first place. It was an entirely different influence that did that.

(edited)

The problem with the logic here is that Luna wasn't turned into Nightmare Moon by the Elements in the first place. It was an entirely different influence that did that.

No, but she was banished to the moon the first time they were used.  If the Elements of Harmony always did the same thing when they were used, then they would have simply removed that evil influence from her the first time they were used.  Therefore, that must mean, that the Elements of Harmony can have effects other than turning Twilight into an Alicorn.  My guess is that it's somehow determined by the willpower of the ones that use them.

Edited by SBaby

No, but she was banished to the moon the first time they were used.  If the Elements of Harmony always did the same thing when they were used, then they would have simply removed that evil influence from her the first time they were used.  Therefore, that must mean, that the Elements of Harmony can have effects other than turning Twilight into an Alicorn.  My guess is that it's somehow determined by the willpower of the ones that use them.

Well, I understand what you mean now. But wouldn't Discord be a better example of this concept than Nightmare Moon? The Elements turned him to stone twice, and were also used to return him to flesh. Different users, same effect.

The fact that they worked differently on Nightmare Moon is probably due to the fact that they were being used by Celestia alone, where before both the Princesses were connected to them, and even more so, that the target was one of the aforementioned Princesses themselves. These two factors are sufficient to explain why the Elements did not work for Celestia the same way as they did for the Mane 6 when used on Nightmare Moon.

Any hope of a 2D platformer MLP game is gone now that the main character can fly. :/

This is nonsense. Demon's Crest was a 2D platformer that featured a flight-capable main character. A main character who could also wall-cling. A character with more abilities just means that more creative level and enemy design is possible. And don't forget that a flying character allows the platforming to be broken up with shoot-em-up portions.

• Brohoof 1