Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much hype

~Scootaloo

I've noticed that a lot of people are getting hyped for Season 4 and seeing what happens next. I've also noticed that some of the shows creators have been saying its going to "Awesome" and "Great". It seems you've all forgotten what happens when you get your hopes up and brag.

I am more concerned that Season 4 is not going to be able to live up to all the hype. Long story short: I think the community is getting its hopes up to high and it may hurt it in the long run.

For all of you who continue to over hype things before even grasping whats going on.

• Brohoof 1

We were hyped for season 3....

WE GOT....

1.Clones of Pinkie Pie

2. Scootaloo Episode

3. Epic Finale

4. Epic Opening 

5. Epic Villain

6. Epic Trixie Return

7. Epic Discord Return

I thought we were going to get a bad season. No season has disappointed me yet.

"Put your expectations low, and then you will be surprised."

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

We were hyped for season 3....

WE GOT....

1.Clones of Pinkie Pie

2. Scootaloo Episode

3. Epic Finale

4. Epic Opening 

5. Epic Villain

6. Epic Trixie Return

7. Epic Discord Return

I thought we were going to get a bad season. No season has disappointed me yet.

"Put your expectations low, and then you will be surprised."

I'm not saying that we should expect a bad season, but I am saying that all this hype is not good. Getting your hopes up like this is really risky. It reminds me of the whole Half-Life series - people want Episode 3 but after all this time can the game really live up to all the hype? since everyone expects it to be even better than the others.

Edited by DarkEly

It can't be worse than season 3. Primarily because we know it is going to have the proper amount of episodes. I am more excited for season 4 so that we can finally put this Princess Alicorn Twilight debate to bed.

It can't be worse than season 3. Primarily because we know it is going to have the proper amount of episodes. I am more excited for season 4 so that we can finally put this Princess Alicorn Twilight debate to bed.

There should have never been a debate to begin with. We have not even seen 10 minutes of her and people started flipping out.

• Brohoof 1

There should have never been a debate to begin with. We have not even seen 10 minutes of her and people started flipping out.

I understand why but honestly it has just gotten out of hand. Other fandoms have been throught far worse. Twilight being a princess doesn't even come close to some. Look at the Star Wars community right now. Go look for the picture of mickey mouse and friends dressed as jedi and stormtroopers. lol they are pissed.

(edited)

Well, I'm not gonna grasp what's going on, I'm just gonna stay in my hype and look forward to season 4! If the creators are saying it's great, it can't possibly be that bad. It may disappoint, but it won't be terrible, that's for sure!

Hooves crossed that we won't have too wait too long! :)

Edited by SparklingTwilight

As much as I love seeing fellow fans being so joyful and happy - I can't help, but feel as though I am talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Look I have faith in the creators that Season 4 will be good however just because they say its going to be good DOES NOT MAKE IT AUTOMATICALLY GOOD (so stop treating it that way ;)).

(edited)

As much as I love seeing fellow fans being so joyful and happy - I can't help, but feel as though I am talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Look I have faith in the creators that Season 4 will be good however just because they say its going to be good DOES NOT MAKE IT AUTOMATICALLY GOOD (so stop treating it that way ;)).

Well, I know that. I'm not like a brick wall or anything. (lol) But I try not to worry about it. Because I think that if you worry too much about these things, it kinda ruins the whole excitement. Like, this is a new season of our favourite cartoon! Yay!

I'm well aware that even though the writers say it's great, it doesn't make it great. In fact, I was really worried at first about the whole Twilight alicorn thing. But I've stopped now, because I realized that having total freak about it (not saying that's what you're doing, that's what I did) wasn't really gonna help at all. It's good or bad. And I'm, quite frankly, pumped to find out. :)

Yep, I'm way too positive for my own good. But I'd like to keep it that way. 

Edited by SparklingTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

I think a lot of people are treating it that way because they want to be optimistic.

With all of the (unecessary) hate that season 3 and Twilicorn gets, I don't mind. I wasn't disappointed with season 3 at all, I loved it. For me, I am not excited because OMGWRITERHYPEBLAH, I am excited because I love the show, is all.

Though I will admit that the writers are trying to hype up season 4 WAY TOO EARLY.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing wrong with being excited!!

I'm pretty hyped for season 4, but I'm not gonna judge the on how the season's gonna be yet. I'm sure it'll be just as great or even better than the rest of the seasons! Plus, 26 episodes! Yay!

So I'm gonna look on the positive side and say that season 4 will be great! More songs, more Pinkie, Dashie, AJ, Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, and all the rest! Plus, DERPY'S BACK! So that in itself is a good thing! But I'm sure the creators will do their best to make a good season. :)

Meh, I don't bother speculating on what the next season will be like. I only really focus on fan work during the dry season, and don't bother myself too much with what the VAs say and the rumors that usually float around, like the season 3 rumor that Soarin was going to become Dash's boyfriend, which turned out to be not true.

We are on a fence here it can go in anyway as of right now. So far the show has been excellent imo! The finale was lacking I have to admit but we cannot really say whether or not what will happen until season 4 hits. 

Meh, I don't bother speculating on what the next season will be like. I only really focus on fan work during the dry season, and don't bother myself too much with what the VAs say and the rumors that usually float around, like the season 3 rumor that Soarin was going to become Dash's boyfriend, which turned out to be not true.

I think people forget that the show is a kids show too often... I don't think that we're going to see any [serious] dating within MLP. I like MLP with 90% Females and the other 10% Males  :lol: .

I think people forget that the show is a kids show too often... I don't think that we're going to see any [serious] dating within MLP. I like MLP with 90% Females and the other 10% Males  :lol: .

I know its going to sound like I'm lying, but I never fully believed it anyway (but at the time it was much more believable than Twicorn). Alot of people I knew on dA were very hyped about it.

I had hope for season 3. Alot of hope. I mean, season 2 was so fantastic, right?

Instead I was given a boring 2-parter with a poor villain, uncreative writing ,forced humor, and a a bunch of little ways to sneak fan favorite characters back in the show to appeal to us. Then it was finished off with a rushed and unexplained ending.

Hope? Not really. I'm looking forward to seeing how good or bad it turns out, but I'm by no means head-over-heels about it either.

• Brohoof 2

idk....I just look at the show from a kids' perspective (with wonder and excitement).  It doesn't hurt anything and it give me something to look forward to in this oftentimes bleak world of reality.....

I have yet to meet another female fan (in person).   Most mlp fans I know (that are women) actually don't like Friendship is Magic.  All I've met are males and I never like girls shows....until now...

Well I know what you mean, I mean I have that kinda approach towards everything, I try to expect the worst, but thats not to say I am going to say the season is going to be bad, I won't overdrive my hype, but I don't want to go to the other side and say it'll suck.

I'm going to end up hyped regardless of how it turns out really. I always get hyped for new things, I'll just try my best to contain it.

I guess we really don't know, heck the new season could suck, but it could be awesome.

I'm just going to stay patient and see how it turns out, I'm kinda riding the neutral ground with my feelings towards this whole Alicorn Twi thing and S4.

However I do think S3 was great, so as long as things don't change to much for S4 I think it'll go good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't even remember the last time I have been this nervous for a season for any show, I am trying to stay positive and do aknowledge that this can work is Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs but I really hope they don't Mary Sue Twilight.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

It will live up to its hype. Season 1, 2, and 3 have all contributed to their parts. Season 4 will really live up to it's expectations, we just have to wait and see. Even if the wait is so far away!

• Brohoof 1

I think the only reason season 3 seemed off is because it was shorter, season 2 had it's share of weak episodes as well(remember Mare Do Well?), but they seemed less significant when they were just one part of such a long line-up of episodes(26 is a lot for one season, especially a cartoon).

I think the Twitter posts are a good sign, when the team gets this excited it usually means good things(like the season 2 finale, for example). 

• Brohoof 1

I think the only reason season 3 seemed off is because it was shorter, season 2 had it's share of weak episodes as well(remember Mare Do Well?), but they seemed less significant when they were just one part of such a long line-up of episodes(26 is a lot for one season, especially a cartoon).

I think the Twitter posts are a good sign, when the team gets this excited it usually means good things(like the season 2 finale, for example). 

This is what I've been trying to say the whole time. The team is getting us all excited on Twitter (and wherever else they happen to be) about season 4. However I am skeptical: because I don't know how they are going to make Season 4 live up to the past 3 seasons.

It reminds me of the whole Half-Life series - people want Episode 3 but after all this time can the game really live up to all the hype? since everyone expects it to be even better than the others.

Honestly I'm too pessimistic about stuff like this. I usually give an equal chance to every outcome in any given situation, and the more I think about a situation the more of its outcomes I realize. Although some outcomes may be good, most are crappy, and optimists view this by saying the crap outcomes are very low probability, and I see them as still being there regardless of the probability. Just think about all the ways the next season could turn to shit. now think of the ways that would make it epic. I can almost guarantee you'll get a bigger list with the former.

• Brohoof 1

This is what I've been trying to say the whole time. The team is getting us all excited on Twitter (and wherever else they happen to be) about season 4. However I am skeptical: because I don't know how they are going to make Season 4 live up to the past 3 seasons.

You have to remember, as of season three they've thrown off the kid gloves and all pretenses of it being a "little girls cartoon" so S4 is set to be 26 episodes of them working without that restraint. Despite what people think they've had more freedom then ever this last season.