Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

And what about Celestia's nephew, Prince Blueblood? he's not an alicorn, just a pain-in-the-flank stuck up unicorn. If he is royalty, then why isn't he an alicorn either?

its becuase hes not derictly related to the Pirncesses, he might be one of 20 royals who are that but he has a bigger relation ship with the princesses. he is suppost to be a duke you know

• Brohoof 1

I dunno about you, but in my opinion, I think Shining Armor looks pretty amazing with a pair of wings.

Hmm, you've given me a lot to think about haha.

But i better after you thicken the lines and round the features to be more like he's drawn in the show he'd look less boss and more cutesy  ^_^

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

Hmm, you've given me a lot to think about haha.

But i better after you thicken the lines and round the features to be more like he's drawn in the show he'd look less boss and more cutesy  ^_^

Sorry it's so tiny. I know a bigger version of this image exists, I just can't seem to find it at the moment.

I dunno, I still think he looks badass in that picture. Not as much as the first pic I posted, but still... Also, I think it would depend on the depiction of the wings. I think if they were very rounded like the other alicorns' wings, then it might look a little odd. If they make them more angular and edgy, it might be more suiting to him. Remember, masculine winged ponies do exist:

640px-YEA!_S2E22.png

• Brohoof 1

Making Shining Armor an alicorn would have made a lot more sense than making Twilight an alicorn at least at this point in the story anyway, it would not have affect the story as much so no risk of Mary Sueing or Gary Stuing anyone sold a few more toys and it would be nice to see at least one stallion be an alicorn.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry it's so tiny. I know a bigger version of this image exists, I just can't seem to find it at the moment.

I dunno, I still think he looks badass in that picture. Not as much as the first pic I posted, but still... Also, I think it would depend on the depiction of the wings. I think if they were very rounded like the other alicorns' wings, then it might look a little odd. If they make them more angular and edgy, it might be more suiting to him. Remember, masculine winged ponies do exist:

img-1257387-1-640px-YEA!_S2E22.png

No man, White and alicorn dont go well.

Black and Red on the other hand  :ph34r:

it is writen Only Black and Red can be badass. Lets all make black and red alicorn OC

Well, it's probably because since Twilight showed magic beyond any other, and learned everything about friendship, she earned the wings, since Princess Celestia thought she was ready. 

Maybe Shining Armor wasn't powerful enough, or he didn't show that he could handle having wings. Plus, the writers probably don't want to write a whole episode or something based on that. But now that you mention that, I wonder that too! I guess only royalty and people who live up to the expectations of the Princess gain wings. As for Shining Armor, I don't know. :P

Shining Armor will get the alicorn prize when Cadence can't stand losing her husband due to age.  I mean he has a sister, a wife, and a boss who are all alicorns.  If they can't get the job done, who can?

Shining Armor will get the alicorn prize when Cadence can't stand losing her husband due to age.  I mean he has a sister, a wife, and a boss who are all alicorns.  If they can't get the job done, who can?

Implying Twi and Cadence are immortal, seriously It was never even mentioned and your making assumations just because luna and Celestia are doenst mean shit

(edited)

No man, White and alicorn dont go well.

Black and Red on the other hand  :ph34r:

it is writen Only Black and Red can be badass. Lets all make black and red alicorn OC

dragynflye_zps2fc26d38.gif

I actually made this OC quite a while ago. Dragynflye. And she's so freaking huge I can't simple screenshot her in one go --; Welp, I've done my part :3

ALSO, might I remind you:

mlp_fim__celestial_skies_by_karnella-d3d

ZOMG, White alicorn?!! This simply will not do!!!

Edited by Clover Heart

Maybe Shining Armor does not have the right amount of magic to turn into an Alicorn. I mean it seems all he can do is make barriers and not much else. Maybe an alicorn just needs high magic levels to make the change. It's just a random thought. 

Prince Blueblood is royalty, but he's still not an Alicorn. Therefor, not all royalty are Alicorns, which means there's no reason Shining Armor should be one. Although, you'd think being royalty and being the captain of the guard would be enough to deserve it, but apparently not.

• Brohoof 1

From a real-life psychological context, I can fully understand the idea of only females being alicorns.

The show is targeted toward girls around the age of seven, despite the vast number of much older bronies.  I have a seven-year old niece and if there's one thing I notice about girls her age, it's that they love princesses.  It's probably due to Disney and their many movie princesses (Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, Ariel... the list goes on).  But because of this, princesses are popular with the target audience for this show.

Additionally, at the target age for My Little Pony, most girls are still at the part of their life where boys are gross and have cooties.  They're probably going to be fine with Shining Armor marrying Princess Cadance, but elevating him to the same rank and status as her?  Because these little girls probably don't understand the concept of marital equality, they'll want the focus to be on the princess, with the prince being more of a background character.  Giving him wings and making him an alicorn means he has to be in the foreground, possibly stealing the limelight from Princess Cadance.  From a marketing standpoint, this can't be allowed.

Since we don't know much about the government of Equestria, all I can do is assume.  So I can't give a decent in-universe explanation :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

From a real-life psychological context, I can fully understand the idea of only females being alicorns.

The show is targeted toward girls around the age of seven, despite the vast number of much older bronies.  I have a seven-year old niece and if there's one thing I notice about girls her age, it's that they love princesses.  It's probably due to Disney and their many movie princesses (Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, Ariel... the list goes on).  But because of this, princesses are popular with the target audience for this show.

Additionally, at the target age for My Little Pony, most girls are still at the part of their life where boys are gross and have cooties.  They're probably going to be fine with Shining Armor marrying Princess Cadance, but elevating him to the same rank and status as her?  Because these little girls probably don't understand the concept of marital equality, they'll want the focus to be on the princess, with the prince being more of a background character.  Giving him wings and making him an alicorn means he has to be in the foreground, possibly stealing the limelight from Princess Cadance.  From a marketing standpoint, this can't be allowed.

Since we don't know much about the government of Equestria, all I can do is assume.  So I can't give a decent in-universe explanation :ph34r:

you are forgeting something in here, Never in my Early Childhood have I seen a girl thinking boys are gross like you say, perhabs its just the area I live in