Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A

Argos

Fun fact: Everything is better British. This is not only confirmed on multiple occasions, but I say it's true. And my opinion is the most important one.

• Brohoof 19

Fun fact: Everything is better British. This is not only confirmed on multiple occasions, but I say it's true. And my opinion is the most important one.

For example: Harry Potter would not have been nearly as cool if he attended Salem Witches Institute in Massachusetts.

Everything is better British. 100% fact. Although there must be an in-world pony Britain if Trottingham not only exists, but ponies from there have British accents.

I'll come up with ponified British cities later, 'kay?

Edited by Dez
  • Brohoof 3

That would be so hilarious having twilight speaking in British lololo that's so funny. Not to mention that hearing all the other ponies speaking in British would be super awesome and 20% coolerdry.png

• Brohoof 3

Actually to be honest I like British English way better than American English.

Well, for rarity yes, but my reaction is still: 
mlfw8880-1355579591626386.gif 
Also British would change the "altitude" of the characters, with different wordiness.

And then I said "Oatmeal? Are you off your rocker?"

"It must be around 20% more fetching."

"I'm not giving him cake! I'm bombarding him with cake!"

"I'll wear another moustache."

"Corblimeycorblimeycorblimeycorblimeycorblimey!"

• Brohoof 14

If the whole show was british, they would all just be speaking in fancy. Pretty much, it would be so hilarious. Like when Apple Bloom was speaking in french.

french_applebloom_by_sirradical-d4p5w58.

• Brohoof 1

Sweet Apple Acres => Splendid Tea Plantations

Apple Cider => Splendid Tea

Mane 6 => Fancy 6 (okay these names aren't too good...)

Twilight Sparkle => Gloaming Glimmer? (lol)

Pinkie Pie => Gaily Selcouth

Applejack => Teajack

Rainbow Dash => Flashy Feather? (lol)

Fluttershy => Yellow Timid (lol)

Rarity => Darling Elizabeth (LMAO xD)

You've never been to Britain, have you? This is more like VICTORIAN BRITAIN.

Actual average British halfwit= img-1272593-1-l2kJ9fBl.jpg

But in all honesty though, it would be exactly the same, but with British accents and maybe a few of the town names would be different, and some British humor mixed in, but other than that, exactly the same. Maybe I just can't appreciate the joys of the British accent (which technically doesn't exist) because I live in Britain myself and hear it all the time.

But it would never happen. Our kids TV channels are too much in love with crappy (no offense) shows like Hanna Montana.

Cheerio old chaps!

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 3

And then I said "Oatmeal? Are you off your rocker?"

"It must be around 20% more fetching."

"I'm not giving him cake! I'm bombarding him with cake!"

"I'll wear another moustache."

"Corblimeycorblimeycorblimeycorblimeycorblimey!"

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, ah man, quality stuff from you there old chap! Didn't you comment on my thread about being an English brony??? I'm sure I recognise you

• Brohoof 1

Well it's not too bad of an idea. I would have prefered them being German over British but that's just my opinion. Not that I have an obsesion with the Germans, just saying.

Sad but true in reference to Navel Spess there, the verbose rhetoric and classic slang that the English are often joked to hold is not standing in today society and to be fair it probably never was as strong as people believe even going back in time but none the less I do like stereotypical British wordings and accents.

I am a English stereotype myself; I drink multiple cups of tea a day, walk around in a bow tie and top hat, all that fluff and bunny (besides the gentleman accent and tongue  wish I did but I don't. I do get told though that a lot of my expression are very English though) but I wouldn't really want to see the characters changed in anyway, I like them the way they are.

Besides, we have doctor who and Doctor whooves for some good English pony fun. 

If you are thinking MLP with British humor then I imagine either them mimicking the young ones or Bottom. Which is all about violent slap stick and lewd language. Granted, Only fools and horses was far more funny than both of them and memorable while barely ever touching on anything truly rude or violent the vast majority of the time.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

If you ignore the shaky camera then British television is amazing, I would love to see a British rendition to the show. Especially if it was written by Stephen Moffat (scratch that, he would kill off everyone). 

Also I spit my tea all over the keyboard at "Darling Elizabeth" XD

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

Mane 6 => Fancy 6 (okay these names aren't too good...) Twilight Sparkle => Gloaming Glimmer? (lol) Pinkie Pie => Gaily Selcouth Applejack => Teajack Rainbow Dash => Flashy Feather? (lol) Fluttershy => Yellow Timid (lol) Rarity => Darling Elizabeth (LMAO xD)

hmm

yes i believe that is stereotyping

that is only london that would come even close to naming them that but please for the love of God don't ever EVER use those names again

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

That would be cool! The show already has ponies that are European, Octavia Melody and Doctor Hooves seem British,  Lyra and Lucky Clover seem Irish, Sweetie Drops seem's French, Vinyl Scratch seem's Eastern European, Lyrica Lilac seems Greek, Ceasar also seems French or Greek.

I'm british and believe me there are PLENTY of british people who drive me INSANE... they don't sound at all like people expect them to... however I love how obsessed americans get over the stereotypical british accent xD

Well, if My Little Pony was British... There would be a better chance of Doctor Whooves being officially sanctioned as an ongoing parody.

Rarity would have a Received Pronunciation accent, the rest would likely have Estuary accents. Except for Applejack, which would likely have Midlands accent, or maybe Devonshire? Pipsqueak would be American then, which would be weird. 

• Brohoof 1

If you ignore the shaky camera then British television is amazing, I would love to see a British rendition to the show. Especially if it was written by Stephen Moffat (scratch that, he would kill off everyone). 

Also I spit my tea all over the keyboard at "Darling Elizabeth" XD

Stephen Moffat? Do I detect a whovian? lol xD is British Television really all that good? I never noticed... Perhaps it's because the accent is something i hear EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE! >.<

Also we don't usually grow tea... We grow wheat and barley and other boring things like vegetables :P

And everypony seems to forget that British includes Scottish (for now), Northern Irish and Welsh as well...

And what about people in the North? We sound different too! Applejack with a North East accent xD :lol:

Edited by JellyBean
  • Brohoof 1

I'm british (yay me) though to be honest there's enough our cultural references in this thing as it is without us stealing the whole thing xD

Canterlot is Camelot (King Arthur's Digs Yo... i apologise for that) Trottingham is probably named after Tottenham, they even gave pipsqueak the funny accent. Celestia is a Princess who drinks tea. Knights in armour guard the place. 

It would be nice to see Trottingham in MLP (we've seen Manehatten img-1961942-1-tongue.png)

Its probably full of ponies like this chap.

post-20017-0-15182100-1382968407_thumb.png

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack => Teajack

Stereotypes. Stereotypes everywhere ohmy.png

Believe it or not, but the British as they are now aren't so vastly different from most of New England and much of the western world. That's just my opinion tho, as an Italian living in London :LOS

Edited by ~Chaotic Freedan~
  • Brohoof 1

I would love to see some more multicultural characters appear in the show including some Brits, since I am one, but if the whole show was British? That would be great, even though I would still like to see more multicultural references.

Also, Lauren Faust revealed that she originally wanted to give Rarity a British accent, which I think would've been amazing. I would've probably liked Rarity a lot more.

Okay first idea:

Sweet Apple Acres => Splendid Tea Plantations

Apple Cider => Splendid Tea

Applejack => Teajack

Yikes. Heavy on the stereotype, don't you think?

• Brohoof 1