Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Procrastination Club

Anachronous

Procrastination: the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today.

This seems to happen to me at least once a week:

Right now I should be finishing my English story that was due on Friday last week and I should be finishing my math. Today I had no school... Guess what I did? Played on my DS and went on MLP forums all day.

How could procrastination be mistaken for tautology? And I made a tautology thread in cloudsdale a while ago, anyway. I think it got deleted because I was making fun of the whole "if this gets to X posts, Y will happen" thing.

Anyway, I don't really feel like joining right now. I will later.

I have Chem homework that I have yet to do therefore currently procrastinating! :P

But I have a better example...

I once had to collect different species of bugs and place them on some kind of creative display. We were warned about this project an entire year ahead of time!

I being a procrastinator waited and did not collect a single bug... then the night before came and a friend of mine gave me his reject bugs. Needing a display to glue them on I found a random cardboard box and tore a side off of it with my bare hands. I then glued the reject bugs to my piece of cardboard and then labeled them made up names with sharpie marker!

I got a 32%! ...Close Enough!

I could write a pretty extensive list of the things I'm supposed to be doing right this second. I probably won't, it might take a while.

I have some coursework that I should have finished a month ago, haven't started it yet.

I should really be looking for a job but I guess I still have some money left. No sense to start working till I run out right? Besides, what if I feel lazy when it comes to my shift?

I am procrastinating on getting the sleep I need for the fourteen hour day I have that starts in about...four and a half hours now. Eeyup. I may end up staying up all night at this rate.

I am a huge procrastinator

it's become a fault really.

I'm procrastinating as I type this.

I should be asleep,

or writing a script,

r doing an animation,

or cleaning,

or filling out some paper work.

My story:

In Canada we have final tasks for every subject in highschool, and this task is worth 15% of our final mark.

In grade 10 science, I had to complete a five part project that we had a month to do.

I stayed up until 2am the day before/the day of finishing it,

and handed it in that day. ~

I have to give a 30-minute presentation with Powerpoint slides on transcription termination and protein maturation (part of the DNA/RNA replication process) on Tuesday. I also have to actually know what the heck I'm talking about because there is a 10-minute Q and A session afterward, with me and the person I'm presenting with providing the "A".

To give you an idea of how much work I've done towards this so far, I actually had to go and get my school bag and look up what my talk is supposed to be about before I could write it here. My presentation partner isn't much better, I asked her if she wanted to discuss our presentation sometime this week (like maybe after class which was Tues) and she said we could meet up next Sunday (2 days before the presentation...) Some people actually presented already this last Tues but we lucked out as we drew the final presentation of the final day.

Edited by Neko-Chan

Funny story about procrastination helping me out.

I used to plan out speeches and presentations, try to memorize as much as I could so I wouldn't leave anything out. I'd always get really nervous right before giving them, forget things, panic about it, and gets C's and D's.

Then in 8th grade, I had a major presentation due in English/social studies. I procrastinated hard, finally doing some research the day before. I tried to come up with a speech, but had writers block, so I just said "fuck it, I'll improv the whole thing and see what happens." I did just that and got an A. From then on, I always just do some research on the subject to make sure I know all the info I need, then just improv the whole speech. I'll do some very minimal outlining on a notecard if there are strict time constraints and I don't want to go overtime, but otherwise, it's all off the top of my head. I've never gotten lower than a B+ while doing this :D

Funny story about procrastination helping me out.

I used to plan out speeches and presentations, try to memorize as much as I could so I wouldn't leave anything out. I'd always get really nervous right before giving them, forget things, panic about it, and gets C's and D's.

Then in 8th grade, I had a major presentation due in English/social studies. I procrastinated hard, finally doing some research the day before. I tried to come up with a speech, but had writers block, so I just said "fuck it, I'll improv the whole thing and see what happens." I did just that and got an A. From then on, I always just do some research on the subject to make sure I know all the info I need, then just improv the whole speech. I'll do some very minimal outlining on a notecard if there are strict time constraints and I don't want to go overtime, but otherwise, it's all off the top of my head. I've never gotten lower than a B+ while doing this :D

Your story was very cool, and it leads me to vote you into the club

Holla holla accrue $

• 2 months later...

I now claim this thread for the Kingdom of Devin.

Had 2 months to research notes for a history essay. Did it all on the due date. Still got a B-. (January 17th, 2012)

Had a week to do a computer technology project. Did it last minute and ended up winging the presentation. Got a B. (April 17th, 2012)

Pulled off an all-nighter in the 9th grade attempting to finish a Physics project with my partner. Got an A+. We are so fly, homie. (April 26th, 2011)

Had to memorize a song for Vocal Music class in the 9th grade for a test but blew it off till Midnight. Ended up signing well come test day. Got an A-. (March 18th, 2011)

Didn't bother doing a huge science project that was worth 15% of our mark in the 9th grade until the last day. Still got an A. (June 15th, 2011)

And... I'm currently procrastinating on a big English test I have tomorrow, an English essay which I need research notes for, and a business project which I'm almost done doing but need a pop can for.

Edited by Devin Dash McCourty
  • Brohoof 1