Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate my audition for MLP: Origins? :3

MyShiningArmor

Hey everypony! Im auditioning for the voice acting part of Shining Armor in My Little Pony: Origins. Its a really neat parody in the making. Now i know im a girl and all so i know my voice impression is definately NOT perfect, but im still bearing my guts and trying out. Id love love love it if all of you beonies out there could rate my audition for me! :D and please please please be nice! I want positive thoughts on it not negative critisiscm. ^_^ thanks everypony.

• Brohoof 3

Hey everypony! Im auditioning for the voice acting part of Shining Armor in My Little Pony: Origins. Its a really neat parody in the making. Now i know im a girl and all so i know my voice impression is definately NOT perfect, but im still bearing my guts and trying out. Id love love love it if all of you beonies out there could rate my audition for me! biggrin.png and please please please be nice! I want positive thoughts on it not negative critisiscm. happy.png thanks everypony.

Well I'd have to say that for a lady this is pretty good :D. I mean it is a good bit high for Shinning, but its pretty close sometimes. Plus being a girl I'm sure its not very easy to make your voice sound good low. Or make sounds at all.

Its like me trying to impersonate any of the characters from the show, most of which are female :P. I think you do a better job then I could've done for other characters honestly. Maybe even for Shinning aswell who knows xD, I never really tried much voice acting.

Anyways, while its still a good bit away its still pretty good, especially like I said with you being a girl.

A good job at the very least, best of luck :).

Well im being told by many that its nearly spot on. Even doing a side by side it still sounds amazing. I cant do female voices unless forcing something that i would name my "Pinkieshy" voice and hurting my throat in the process. The Shining Armor voice is very easy for me since i often mimic a surfer accent like Andrew Francis's(Shining Armors real voice actor.)'s, for the entertainment of my younger siblings. And deeper and my voice goes straight to non-crackly Flutterguy.

It's not that bad, though it is a little high, but that could be because your a girl trying to have a deeper voice.   It honestly isn't that bad at all, actually it was pretty close at some spots.  

Good luck smile.png

Moved to Other Fan Works, this sort of topic isn't really well suited for Sugarcube Corner.

As for your audition there, I dunno, it's decent for a girl doing a male character I suppose. You have a nice voice though. :)

I personally don't think it is low enough, you got the accent and the pitches right..

But your voice just isn't low enough, not that you can do anything about it.

Now, I just wanna give an example of who I think does a great impression.. I don't wanna compare, just wanna share.

I'm sorry if you thought I was being sexist, I personally just thought your voice wasn't low enough.

I never ment to be sexist or anything related to that.

You may need some qtips hon. Im mistaken for a man more often than not. :P and i happen to play with ponies with my baby sis and guess who my faveorite figure is? ^_^ i practice ALOT. I wouldnt have auditioned if i wasnt confident in my abilities. And i got the part. :)

I don't doubt you are confident and I certainly agree you got the skill and congrantulations on getting the part!

However.. 

You may need some qtips hon.

This is something I gotta argue with, I personally think it isn't low enough.. That is my opinion, that doesn't mean I need to change it just because you don't agree with me.

But I am all ears, if you got some tips.. feel free to share.

Yeah... You have the accent and mannerisms down, but I agree with the others here; it's too high.

That example posted by Floris is a little too low, but I think it sounds closer to the real voice actor than yours... (sorry!)

Anyways, if you could push your voice a little bit lower and maybe get a better microphone, it would sound pretty good! :)

A 300$ microphone isnt good enough? Geeze. You can tell me im not good enough when you practise for hours like i do. I worked for the part and i got it. biggrin.png

Well I'm sorry, I just thought I'd do what you asked in the title of the topic... huh.png

Anyways, that's a $300 mic? Huh, it just sounds kinda fuzzy.

You can tell me im not good enough when you practise for hours like i do.

I don't wanna be a douche but you are literally asking people to rate your voice acting in the thread title but now you say they can't say it is bad unless they practice as much as you?

That is a bit strange, I thought you wanted to receive critism so you could improve yourself but all that I'm seeing is that you are telling people to stop giving "negative" feedback.

Yeah all im getting is very rude its too lows instead of positive things like keep working on it. I wanted positive feedback not rude comments on the depth of my voice. I find that sexist. I got the part and thats all that matters.

(edited)

I wanted positive feedback not rude comments on the depth of my voice.

I suggest your clarify that in your post next time, people usually give critism to help you improve.. smile.png

We also weren't rude on the subject.

I find that sexist.

That is unfortunate, but I cannot change your view on that matter.. But I can say without a doubt that nobody here is being sexist in this thread.

I got the part and thats all that matters.

Maybe, but one last piece of advice from me is that you try to take critism in a good way.. Good luck with your voice acting in the future and your upcoming project. wink.png

Edited by Floris