Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My sad attempts at drawing

Vexx3

(edited)

"Vexx is drawing?!  Shield your eyes!"

Anyways, I have been practicing my drawing a lot lately and I finally have one that I'm happy enough with to share here.  biggrin.png

Yes, it needs work.  I still can't seem to draw manes and tails to save my life and the head looks a bit too tall to me.  Feel free to point out any other mistakes you'll probably see.

For the record, this isn't suppose to be any particular pony, despite it's resemblance to Rainbow Dash, which is why there's no cutie mark.

Photo%20Apr%2004%2C%202%2025%2027%20PM.j

Edited by Vexx3
  • Brohoof 11

Its looking good. Better than me :D

Lets see here.

As you said, the mane can use a little work, Specially the front part. It looks a little to "small".

Try to make it a little bigger and a little more "Poof" in it. I also think the wings should be a little bigger.

Other then that, if you colour this i'm sure it will look cute. I sort of like the way you've drawn its face.

• Brohoof 1

cool drawing, bro...

Not even mentioning my general weakness that makes me love everything hand-drawn, that is nicely done. Proportions are done right, the head is a tiny bit tall (but you said that yourself).

Not bad, keep dem drawingz coming :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I appreciate the feedback, guys!  ^^

I went and tried to fix the mane as best as I could.  Still not great, but definitely better.  Idek.

shitty_drawing_that_will_be_scrapped_soo

Edited by Vexx3
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I will just use this topic to show my progress, rather than create a new one.

Here's one I did of a random OC I made up.  Happier with this one, but the legs suck.  :E

shitty_drawing_2__electric_bugaloo_by_ve

And one that is in progress.  I finally managed to draw a halfway decent mane, but the legs are giving me tons of trouble.  Stupid perspective, lol.

Photo%20Apr%2008%2C%209%2042%2045%20PM.j

• Brohoof 2

Your defiantly improving which is great :D!

I especially love the facial expressions on your drawing's there brilliant :D

All you really need to do is tighten up some of the proportional aspects (legs and body and you mentioned) and you'll be well on your way to drawing ponies perfectly :D!

• Brohoof 1

A thing to keep in mind is your OC's neck. In the 2nd image you posted his/her neck is too thin and looks unsupportful for the weight of the head.

Also I am having a bit of a hard time telling if it is a male or female. Your feminine features are not strong enough, and your masculine features are stronger and suggest the OC is a girly stallion, or a very manly mare. What causes this is the lack of attention towards the eyelashes, they should be given more attention and detail, and the mouth area is really wide. Almost unnaturally.

Just things to keep in mind.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really appreciate everyone's feedback!  img-1358125-1-biggrin.png

I decided to try my hand at some perspective since so far, I've only drawn sideshots.  I think the anatomy is slightly better, especially the legs.  However, the head looks too big, the mouth looks weird, and the tail and cutie mark are pretty sloppy.

Also, best pony.

Photo%20Apr%2010%2C%2012%2025%2027%20PM.

Edited by Vexx3

(edited)

First piece of digital art.  It's just some sloppy lineart, because my coloring sucks.  Feedback is much appreciated, as well as possibly some good coloring guides, maybe?  I have a lot of trouble staying in the lines, it would seem.

http://fav.me/d61v72n

EDIT:  Thanks to a tip from someone on Tumblr, I was able to color it.

http://fav.me/d61w4fx

Edited by Vexx3
  • Brohoof 1

I think you're off to a great start! laugh.png We all have to begin somewhere and I like what I see with your drawings. I especially like the expression in the first one. Kind of a "you're full of it" look but in a friendly way - if that makes any sense. Keep at it! cool.png

• Brohoof 1

First piece of digital art.  It's just some sloppy lineart, because my coloring sucks.  Feedback is much appreciated, as well as possibly some good coloring guides, maybe?  I have a lot of trouble staying in the lines, it would seem.

Man the rate you're improving at is enviable, to say the least :P And it's great you have your own style, not to mention it's a cute style too laugh.png  I'll be looking forward to more Vexx pones xD

• Brohoof 1

Are you kidding?!?!?!?! That is NOT a failed attempt. I've been drawing since I was little, and I most certainly CAN NOT DRAW SOMETHING THAT SPECTACULAR!!!

Keep up the good work!

• Brohoof 1

Vex.. Brother, I love your face.  Btw, good drawings.  WAY better then I could ever accomplish, every time I tried they turned out looking more like dogs then horses.. >.> 

Edited by Slurpy
  • Brohoof 1