Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poll: How many episodes you've disliked in the show so far?

MK15

84 users have voted

1. 1. How many episodes you've disliked in the show by far?

• None
    • Only one
    • Two-Five
    • Five-ten
    • More than ten

Hi guys. Today I want to open a new poll: the series had 65 episodes by far (61 if we count the four two-parters as one episode). All the episodes may be liked or disliked, loved or hater, depends by the taste of the subject, and any episode can be liked more or less than another. But I was wondering, quantitatively talking, how many episodes you've really disliked or hated in the show? In the whole series I disliked only 3 episodes (Call of The Cutie, The Mysteryous Mare do Well and Apple Family Reunion) and no others (I don't dislike any other episode), but you? Tell how many and if you want which episodes you disliked. 

I actually like most of the episodes. Most people I know have many episodes they don't consider as good as the others, but I feel I like most of them equally with some favorites. However, after watching Keep Calm and Flutter On, one of my first thoughts was, "I think that might be the only episode I didn't like." So so far, I'm going with one.

Hello!

One! Only one... ph34r.png

"Magical Mystery cure"... That episode, is literally, the first episode i was ever dissapointed about... I saw meaning in all of the other episodes, and i found all of them fun to watch, but "Magical Mystery cure" stood out in a bad way to me... dry.png

• Brohoof 1

Six.  Crystal Empire Parts 1 and 2, Spike at Your Service, Keep Calm and Flutter On, Baby Cakes, and Mysterious Mare Do Well. 

Yeah, season 3 is pretty weak in retrospect.  Half as many episodes, but twice as many bad ones as the first two seasons combined. 

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 1

Only one, "Magical Mystery Cure", I can't see anything good about it, every aspect of it was horrible, and every minute of it made me want to punch a baby in the face.

The pacing was awful, the songs were meh, and nothing about it was entertaining at all.

While there are a few episodes that I felt weren't nearly as good as they could have been the Crystal Empire two parter for example I still enjoyed those despite their flaws. There are two episodes in particular though that really made me want to reach out and punch someone and they are Griffon the Brush off and Magical Mystery Cure. Griffon the Brush Off started out pretty good, but the ending is what really killed it. We all know that Gilda was a bit out of line by lashing out at Fluttershy but Pinkie Pie acted like a crazy jealous stalker for almost the entire episode and she gets off scott free while Gilda is denounced as a "false friend" seriously what the hell?

Twilight was the voice of reason at first by saying to Pinkie Pie that she might actually be jealous which was so painfully obvious but then she had to say that line about Gilda being a "false friend" when she dosen't even know her. The episode made me want to slap Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Twilight and the writers for stupidity.

As for Magical Mystery Cure, I did a review for it a while back which you can see right here

http://mlpforums.com/blog/456/entry-3253-i-hate-to-be-a-neighsayer-but/

Two. Boast Busters and Games Ponies Play.

Boast Busters has the same flaws as The Mysterious Mare Do Well, but turned up to eleven, and Games Ponies Play is the least engaging episode I've ever seen.

I love everything else though. 

I've only disliked The Crystal Empire, which I count as one episode, Sonic Rainboom, Applebuck Season, and Baby Cakes. So, I voted 3-5 on the poll. 

I didn't enjoy Keep Calm and Flutter On as much as everyone, but I don't dislike it.

Well after looking at a list of all the episodes, I dislike about 11 episodes. Some I would say I don't total dislike that much, but I just don't like how it turned out or how it was resolved.

Season 1 4 (Look Before You Sleep, Stare Master, The Show Stopper, Owl's Well That Ends Well)

Season 2 4 (The Mysteries Mare Do Well, Hearts and Hoofs Day, Ponyville Confidential, MMMystery of the Friendship Express)

Season 3 3 (Sleepless in Ponyville, Spike at your Serves, Games Ponies Play) 

The top episodes I dislike the most would be, Sleepless in Ponyville. The whole episode point was just to build up to the cute moment. It felt way to much like Sister hoof social. The big problem is there is no problem for Scootaloo in this episode. We yet to find anything out about this character. It was a complete waste of time.

Also I liked the episode Magical Mystery Cure. 

Edited by pinkiefan1287

The only episodes I've disliked are Mare Do Well, MMMystery of the Friendship Express, and Hearth's Warming Eve. And even then I'm willing to throw a bone to HWE because I mostly dislike it because of it's place in the canon rather than the actual episode itself(though I still disliked the play's painfully sappy conclusion and the non-play parts0

Seven so far. There were some that didn't do much for me, but the ones I flat-out didn't like were:

S1

-Stare Master

-A Bird in the Hoof

-Owl's Well That Ends Well

S2

-Lesson Zero

-The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well

S3

-Magic Duel

-Magical Mystery Cure

It took 17 episodes to finally land on an episode I didn't like, so that's pretty good. Most of them came in late S1 to early S2, but after that they were off and running...until Season 3.

BTW I was looking at Wikipedia's episode list, and where was Amy Keating Rogers in S3?! She's my favorite writer! She did A Dog and Pony Show, The Best Night Ever, A Friend in Deed and The Last Roundup! She got NO episodes in S3. Now I'm starting to like it even less. sleep.png

My tendency is actually to just think of episodes as disappointments, saying to myself "This could've been better." A big culprit in this regard is Magical Mystery Cure, even though I can't really make myself say that I dislike the episode. The only one that I actively dislike is The Mysterious Mare Do Well, mainly because of the presentation of the moral. I've probably rewatched it more than any other episode in the series, but putting that plan together and never attempting to reason with words beforehand just feels unnecessary and harsh to me. I've actually noticed several things that the episode did well, and friends' analyses of it have redeemed it a bit in my eyes, but the overarching lesson unfortunately still prevents me from enjoying it :(

• Brohoof 1

I dislike only one episode so far -- Ponyville Confidential. The kid that took all the pictures and Diamond Tiara got away with too much too easily. Granted Diamond Tiara was demoted, but she still could've received a more appropriate punishment. She is far too spoiled and it's no wonder she acts the way she does.

I could only think of 6:

Mysterious Mare-do-Well

Show Stoppers
Magical Mystery Cure
Games Ponies Play
Dragon Quest
One Bad Apple

Though, I guess you could count Canterlot Wedding and Crystal Empire for a total of eight.

Oh, it's been more than ten for me.  That might sound like a lot, but I do love the show dearly.  I love a lot of TV shows, but there isn't a single one I can think of where I like every single episode.  With this show, my least favorites are A Dog and Pony Show, Lesson Zero, Over a Barrel, and The Show Stoppers.  But I love my favorite episodes so much that they completely overshadow the ones I dislike.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

The only episodes I actively dislike are Boast Busters, Mysterious Mare Do Well, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Ponyville Confidential, and Just For Sidekicks. The rest I'm at least indifferent to.

The Stare Master: I guess I've never really been sold on the idea of "the Stare".  Maybe it's because it represents the inconsistency that is Fluttershy's assertiveness...there when the plot requires it, but utterly doormatingly absent the rest of the time.

The Mysterious Mare Do Well: Dash is a jerk.  I don't have a problem with that; it's part of her appeal.  But that's all she is in this episode.

Baby Cakes: despite the Trainspotting joke and a few other funny parts, this one just fell short compared to other Pinkie episodes (especially Party of One and A Friend in Deed)

Spike at Your Service: Ugh.  Just...ugh.

---

Some episodes that I really like, that other members here seem to consistently dislike...

Sonic Rainboom: I strongly identify with Dash's fear of failure. All things considered, she was given a fair amount of character development in this one.  Of course, the same cannot be said of Rarity, which is probably why a lot of people don't like it.

Magical Mystery Cure: I knew about the Twilicorn thing ahead of time, so I didn't really hold it against the episode itself.  The songs were good, and it had feels.

• Brohoof 1

The only one that I really disliked was a Bird in the Hoof. I enjoyed every other episode, because even episodes that are bad by the standard of MLP, would be good or satisfactory by the standard of pretty much any other cartoon. 

/)

The Mysterious Mare Do Well: Nope, not because Dashie isn't modest. It's because her friends DELIBERATELY decide to be jerks, and ruin her happiness. And they talk about being modest? Pffft, the hypocrites.

Lesson Zero: I know many people love this episode, but the synopsis just seems completely different. It didn't even feel like a MLP episode.

Just for Sidekicks: There wasn't even a point to this episode, really. I don't get why the writers still write Spike episodes like this, despite the character himself, knowing nothing about himself. This episode was just used to get to thirteen episodes, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I have enjoyed every episode of the series.  There are just some that I like more than others.  Some I go back and watch over-and-over.  Others I don't watch as often - or I might sometimes skim through certain episodes to just see my favorite moments. 

• Brohoof 1

I've liked a majority of the episodes so far but there are a few that i just won't watch. 

1. Over a Barrel

2. Owls well that ends well

3. Mysterious mare do well

4. Secret of my Excess

5.MMMystery on the Friendship express

6. Hearths warming eve

7. Apple family reunion

There's no episode that I completely dislike, every one has at least one gag or sequence I love.

But I'd say my least favourite are: Feeling Pinkie Keen, The Cutie Pox, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, A Canterlot Wedding, and Games Ponies Play. All of those have terrible script issues of some sort, glaring mistakes that prevented me from enjoying the good things they offer.

There are a few other episodes I didn't like, but that's just my personal preference. Those five are the only ones I can safely call at least partially bad episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Season One:

1. Boast Busters: Simply because of the way the characters were handled in response to Trixie. The episode front to back was a royally mixed bag, and the conflict was needless.
  2. Over a Barrel: I never watched the episode, but I read the script, and I know already how much I'm going to dislike it. Polsky ponified the conflict between the European settlers and Natives and trivialized it. So I'm skipping this shit over.
  3. Owl's Well that Ends Well. One of the first truly BAD episodes of the series. Out-of-character personalities for both Twilight and Spike, and the aesop dragged on for far too long.

Season Two:

1. May the Best Pet Win!: Rainbow Dash, you can be a jerk occasionally, but you're a really big jerk here. It wasn't objectively good, but not objectively terrible. But certainly not very enjoyable.
  2. The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well: EVERYONE was obnoxiously out of character! Dash's fragile ego was amplified beyond comprehension, and her friends acted like major jackasses. This comic details why this episode's so bad and too detestable to even enjoy. It's not a "so-bad-it's-good" episode. It's a "so-bad-you-want-to-bang-your-head-on-a-steel-chair-and-throw-up" episode. It's one of two episodes I watched only once because of how stupid TMMDW is.
  3. Hearts and Hooves Day: The episode got way too random for my liking, and the way the episode was resolved was an unlikeable, out-of-character atrocity!

Season Three:

1. Spike at Your Service: Spike was written so badly here to the point of careless. He knows damn well how to cook and clean and understands what to expect from his friends.
  2. Just for Sidekicks: My most hated episode in season three (second-most hated overall). Spike didn't forget how to cook, but he was written so AWFUL here, too. Instead of being needlessly careless, he willingly severed the trust his friends had over him, a contradiction of the lessons he learned from Secret of My Excess and Dragon Quest.
  3. Games Ponies Play: Only read the script, and I know how much I'm gonna hate it. Pretty simply, the characterization is so idiotic that I wonder how this shit got approved in the first place!

So, right now, I'd say more than ten, but because I never watched Over a Barrel and Games Ponies Play, five to ten.

• Brohoof 2