~Silver Essence~

25 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to watch it?

• Yes
    • No

I kept an open mind. I watched it. I...Didn't love it. But I have a rule: Three episodes minimum. So I kept watching...One eventually got a few laughs. Just a few. I have since never managed to muster the interest to watch more.

You can't have heroes not doing hero stuff. It's just dull and dumb.

I've been watching this show and it's great. Very funny and entertaining.

Tara Strong is in it(obviously) and her character Raven is a secret brony to their version of mlp.

Anybody else like it?

Somehow, I doubt "They referenced bronies!" will sway anyone...Honestly, it was just a really lame running gag. I just started downloading episodes of the old series instead...

I'm not too fond of Teen Titans Go since even though it has villains from the original show, they don't really do as much. The jokes are a hit and miss, the plot is just out of nowhere which it makes no sense, and the storylines if there are any.. are recycled plot holes. I don't want to be harsh on it at all but, there was no point in rebooting a show that wasn't bad to begin with. Sorry Cartoon Network, you should not have rebooted a Warner Bros masterpiece.

My verdict:

Now you'll probably say, "Oh, you're just holding it to the standards of the original!" Well, you're halfway right; the show pretty much butchers nearly every single character on it, especially by having them all try too hard and too frequently with overcliched humor such as gross-out and pop culture.

I didn't expect it to be as good as the original OR Young Justice, more along the lines of Batman: The Brave And The Bold, which managed to lighten the DC Universe up (but kept enough dark elements as well) while simultaneously trying to maintain reasonable connections to the comics (the "Emperor Joker" episode really stood out, IMO). Instead, we didn't just get a painful spinoff with Go!, we got a painful show PERIOD.

I caught part of one episode and I didn't like it.  I'm just not a fan of heroes doing silly things.  I'm going to say that I expected a lot out of it because Teen Titans was and is one of my favorite cartoons, right up with Avatar.  I have too many fond memories of the first series to really want to watch a more childish version.  I can appreciate the original voice acting, and I'm sure it appeals to a lot of TT fans, but it's not for me.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/2/2019 at 1:45 AM, You said:

TBH what prob freaks me out just as much is that it almost doesn't even seem to have a canon at all. Characters randomly die, then it didn't happen or whatever, and instead of something happening at the end of most of the episodes it is just like oh random stuff, people die or whatever.

Its like tom and jerry