Possible Octavia or Derpy Voice!

Sir.Flutter Hooves

they've confirmed Derpy for season four, haven't they?

can't see them giving Octavia a speaking role, it's either Derpy or an OC.

Anyways, I am pleased. I know her as... Penny's mom in Bolt, Nassana Dantius and the Salarian Councilor in Mass Effect, and Catwoman in Arkham City. Talented actress.

• Brohoof 2

they've confirmed Derpy for season four, haven't they?

can't see them giving Octavia a speaking role, it's either Derpy or an OC.

Anyways, I am pleased. I know her as... Penny's mom in Bolt, Nassana Dantius and the Salarian Councilor in Mass Effect, and Catwoman in Arkham City. Talented actress.

Penny's  mom in Bolt...I know that voice! She would make an excelent Derpy. But, I think Zoey Deshenel would make an even better one. I think of OCtavia as an English pony.

/)

It could probably be Derpy or Octavia definitely. Since, they are the only background ponies that are grey. It would glorious for her to voice either one of them.

• Brohoof 3

I look forward to seeing who she is voicing.  I have my doubts that it would be Derpy but you never know.  I would say it was more likely to be a new character, but then again that hint would be meaningless if it was somepony we've never met before.  Still though Azula would make an awesome Octavia in my opinion.  As for Derpy I'd need to see it in action first.

• Brohoof 2

it might be Octavia because Rarity's voice actor also does Derpy (or at least the real uncensored Derpy). So unless they introduce a new character, tavi might talk in season 4

• Brohoof 1

As much as I would love to see Derpy have a speaking role due to the controversy the last time she had one I think Octavia is alot more likely than Derpy. I like Octavia though not as much as Derpy so her having a speaking role would also be pretty awesome, if Octavia gets a speaking role I wonder if Vinyl Scratch will get one too.

• Brohoof 1

I bet she is going to voice Derpy. It would be really disarming! She doesn't have to sound like an idiot to work; she can have an amazing speaking voice but still have the eye issues and general clumsiness going on.

• Brohoof 1

YES!  I really hope it's Octavia!  Maybe even a singing part for her.  I actually would be ok with Derpy too, but Octavia would make me VERY happy.

• Brohoof 1

I may be thinking of something completely different, but I feel like I saw this a while (maybe as long as two months) ago on EQD...  Someone mentioned that they would be voicing a grey pony, and it turned out that she was voicing it for a fan-made project.  Can anyone confirm that this is actually a recent status update?

EDIT: Found the article that I had mentioned.  Sorry to be that guy...

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 1

I may be thinking of something completely different, but I feel like I saw this a while (maybe as long as two months) ago on EQD...  Someone mentioned that they would be voicing a grey pony, and it turned out that she was voicing it for a fan-made project.  Can anyone confirm that this is actually a recent status update?

EDIT: Found the article that I had mentioned.  Sorry to be that guy...

How do you know it wasn't delayed? MAybe they had to put it on hold for the short season, and maybe this season will be the grey mare's voice.

Good article and thanks for the news.

/)

I think it's 50/50 at this point honestly.  Believe me, I'd love it if Grey voiced Derpy, but on account of what happened in Season 2, I imagine Studio B might still be hesitant to have Derpy speak again and opt to have Octavia speak instead (which I'd love as well), so that's why I think it's 50/50 at this point.  That, or it could be a new character altogether, who knows?  Either way, it's awesome news because Grey DeLisle is an amazing voice actress, right up there with Tara Strong and Jennifer Hale! img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I heard from Grey at Emerald City Comicon that she can't be on Friendship is Magic, because she's not Canadian. Totally true story. Yes, I know Tara Strong does not live in Canada, she is Canadian. I don't know why, but I am pretty sure every voice on the show so far has been a Canadian. Also, keep in mind that Grey did Pinkie Pie for the show MAD, so it might have just been a character from that or another TV spoof. Sorry guys, but I would not get your hopes up.