Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Ratchet & Clank Movie!

Dr. Nefarious

So this trailer was just announced for the Ratchet & Clank movie!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1oyMUxmkc

They say they are looking for a 2015 release. But I hope they don't cancel this and I hope they fix Ratchet's look. They had his look nailed down in Tools of Destruction, he just looks to ridiculous now.

http://www.ratchetandclankmovie.com/

I personally hope they get David Bergeaud to do the soundtrack for this movie like he did all the other Ratchet & Clank games.

Edited by Dr. Nefarious
  • Brohoof 7

Announced to be released in 2015, a trailer for the Ratchet and Clank Movie was just put out.

Yeah, Ratchet and Clank. My childhood just got bombarded with a flurry of feels that have made my entire week. I have always loved the Ratchet and Clank series, kicking ass from Blackwater City to the ends of the Bogan Galaxy. Hopefully it pulls through, because if it does, I'll be there front of the line at the midnight opening.

Thoughts on this? Turning a video game into a successful movie seems like a daunting task, and I understand that few video games>movie or movie>video games actually work out well. Still, we won't know until the time actually arrives, and I have faith this will be one to remember.

EDIT: Clumsy me, I didn't even see the other posts already made on this subject. Since there already were posts regarding this, please disregard this post as I am unable to delete it.

Edited by Gears of Halo Duty V
  • Brohoof 2

I'm interested. Normally, I'm a bit of a skeptic, (Where's that Halo movie? Or the Gears Of War one?) and you'd think I'd say "never happening" on this one, but...they actually have a trailer. That's more than any other video game movie I've heard was supposed to be happening.

If they stick true to the games success, then I can see this working. This would be bad if it had the quality of the Open Season sequels or any DreamWorks cartoon on Nick. But it looks good

• Brohoof 1

I'm interested. Normally, I'm a bit of a skeptic, (Where's that Halo movie? Or the Gears Of War one?) and you'd think I'd say "never happening" on this one, but...they actually have a trailer. That's more than any other video game movie I've heard was supposed to be happening.

We have a halo movie esk series already, you can watch it on netflix i believe

but ratchet and clank, FUCK YEAH, TIME TO SEE QUARK GET 1UP'D ON THE BIG SCREEN

Edited by Staticthor Draconus

Oh man. I used to play Ratchet and Clank at my friend's house. It's off-the-wall humor always appealed to me, as did the story. I am VERY excited for this!

Now we just need a Jak and Daxter movie...

I'm not really a big fan of Ratchet & Clank, but this film does seem promising. I would go and watch it, but my concern about the film is that, well, it's based on a video game series.

And we all know how critically successful those are...

I would love a Gears of War movie, but look at the games themselves. They practically are movies in their own sense, each one a bigger story than the last. Browsing on youtube, total cutscenes average to an hour and above. It may be average (or above) of the normal game, but the depth of these scenes and the characters in them are what make the series so great. A movie would be cool to have.

Oh my gosh this may be one of the most awesome things I have found out about since liking this show... If this actually gets made I will die happy. I have always wanted something like this to be done with either Ratchet and clank, Jak and Daxter, or even Sly cooper. But yeah this is insanely awesome.

when I first heard about the movie i thought that somebody was pulling my leg. A Ratchet and Clank movie, a freaking RATCHET and CLANK movie. One of my favorite game series is getting a film adaption, what are the odds.  I would not believe it if it was not for the trailer.

What does this mean for future games in the series or other the potential for other video game movies. Will there less Ratchet and clank games, Is this some kind of long term plan by Sony or just Isomniac. Either way a 2 year wait is going to be killing me.

already made a halo movie bruh, it made quite a lot of money it was pretty good i guess, its called halo forward unto dawn look it up

That's a Machinima mini-series and not an actual movie. There is going to be a full length movie released in theaters. Just telling you.

• Brohoof 1

The animation in the trailer is surprisingly really good, and the writing ain't half bad.  If this translates into the whole movie it could be enjoyable.  Just have to get a good plot that works in the 1.5-2 hour timeframe.

One thing that makes me scratch my head in wonder is if this will even be a success commercially.  I mean, Ratchet & Clank is great, and by no means an unheard of franchise.  But even if the movie is fantastic, how many people do you actually think will see this movie?  How much of the general public has played it, and how many would actually be interested?

Edited by RainShadow

The animation in the trailer is surprisingly really good, and the writing ain't half bad.  If this translates into the whole movie it could be enjoyable.  Just have to get a good plot that works in the 1.5-2 hour timeframe.

One thing that makes me scratch my head in wonder is if this will even be a success commercially.  I mean, Ratchet & Clank is great, and by no means an unheard of franchise.  But even if the movie is fantastic, how many people do you actually think will see this movie?  How much of the general public has played it, and how many would actually be interested?

Well if they can make games with 6-8 hour single player storylines I'm sure they can make a movie that lasts 1.5/2 hours. I hope they can atleast.

Well if they can make games with 6-8 hour single player storylines I'm sure they can make a movie that lasts 1.5/2 hours. I hope they can atleast.

Writing for video games and movies are two different beasts, and sometimes condensing stories to fit in a reasonable timeframe can be more of a challenge than writing them.

I guess the bigger question is who is actually writing the story for the movie in the first place, and will it be new or a retread of one of the games.

• 2 weeks later...

After learning that Insomniac are going to play a role in making this film, I can say I'm optimistic about this! Also, after a little poking around, I found out this film is

a retelling of the first game. So it's an origin film about them beating Drek.

I'm still looking forward to this film though.

This doesn't look too bad, I used to love the games as a kid. <3 Hopefully they don't fuck this up, it has such great potential to expand into a wildly popular franchise D: