Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G1 brushable bait lot for customizing, suspected fakie

Curry Pinch

I finally got a little bit of cash, so decided to fulfill my dream and get some G1 brushables for customizing.

Yes, I risk to be unpopular but I just love G1 sculpts. I do not care they are not like show, I'm not aiming for show accuracy or anything, I just wanna make pretty silky-maned toy horsies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121100263102?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Anyhow... Is that only me, or does the top row middle pony (the electric white one with pink white yellow mane and peachy tail) really look totally off? The eye is little and black, color scheme is totally horrible and that's not a G1 sculpt.

Could that be a later generation white blankie that someone has customized horribly (thet would explain mane in colors of hilighter), or could it be a fakie?

Not like I'm too worried about having one fakie, I'm bidding for this lot anyhow, still gives me 8 good ponies and two good babies to work with, and I could use that one for practice if it's still made of vinyl (I just hope it's not hard plastic), I'm just cturious who she is...

Edited by Curry Pinch

That odd one out might be a G2. I have vague memories of G2's being sculpted a little thinner, and having odd eyes.

But then I could have sworn G2 were sculpted on a different scale as well, either bigger or smaller, I can't remember.

However, there were a lot of G1... I can't call them fakies to be honest because Hasbro deliberately and officially sold off a bunch of G1 molds when they converted to G2. So it might be one of those.

Edited by Fhaolan
  • Brohoof 1

It really looks more like a G2 than anything, but I cant find any G2 ponies with so terrible color schemes or a balloon cutie mark.

I also have trouble identifying the yellow baby! Help would be welcome!

(edited)

The problem is I barely see any details in that tiny pic, but really there seems to be no such thing as newborn yellow pegasus with white mane. She looks very hasbroish though. The mold is the same as Dibbles from newborn twins, but the mane should be pink. Maybe it's a horrendous fade...

The whitie still looks genuinely weird to me, nothing like her so far. who would put a dirty peach tail on a white pony with highlighter colored mane....

EDIT: the yellow one is indeed Dibbles, there is a version of her with white mane too! ok, actually the pink used in it is the fading pink, and ths one is indeed a horrid fade.

UPDATE: contacted seller, the whitre one is indeed a fakie

Edited by Curry Pinch

• 3 weeks later...

those are some nice ones in that lot! I think I see a firefly and blue bell in there! most of them are not baits, they look pretty good! and I would advice against customizing them, they still have there tails , they realy don't look like bait ponies

those are some nice ones in that lot! I think I see a firefly and blue bell in there! most of them are not baits, they look pretty good! and I would advice against customizing them, they still have there tails , they realy don't look like bait ponies

Sadly I got out bidded :( no pretty G1 ponies for me...

Sadly I got out bidded :( no pretty G1 ponies for me...

just gotta keep trying, you will win one eventually, I have bought like 10 lots in the last week!