Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Worst albums of all time/Albums that were a disappointment in your opinion?

Soundgarden

So, which album is the worst one of all time in your opinion? It doesn't have to be an album by an artist or band that you like, it could be any album, but please, be reasonable to why you dislike the album. By that I mean, don't say that you hate an album just because it's made by, let's say Nicki Minaj

Edited by Kyouko
  • Brohoof 1

Come Clarity by In Flames. I don't know about it being the worst album of all time, but it is a huge dissapointment in my opinion.

How do they go from this?

To this shit?

I understand that a lot of people like it, but I personally don't.

Come Clarity by In Flames. I don't know about it being the worst album of all time, but it is a huge dissapointment in my opinion.

To this shit?

Really? Come Clarity is an awful album? I thought it was great... The song Come Clarity was not that good, but "Versus Terminus" and "Crawl Through Knives" are one of my favorite In Flames songs

But hey, that's your opinion and I can actually see why you don't like it :P

• Brohoof 2

Once again, dang it, have say something bad about .....wait for it....Pink Floyd. A Momentary Lapse of Reason was just terrible, (except for learning to fly of course and the turning away). Of course this was right after they lost Roger Waters, the genius behind most of the bands good lyrics and music. Feel like Gilmour could have tried harder because he was capable of making good albums without Rogers, Division Bell (mmm'k) and his solo albums weren't that bad.

Now this isn't truly my most hated, I'm just staying within my limits reasonable. (Country Music in general is terrible and should feel terrible.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hInblnV0Ot4

Edited by Conbon

Come Clarity 

Dude, are you serious??? I mean, I could see it being a disappointment if you like their old style better, but there's no way in hell that it's even close to being one of the worst albums of all time. Most people would say it's a pretty good album, i would think. If you want an album that's actually bad, look at one of Nickelback's shitty albums...or even Lulu by Metallica, that was pretty retarded...

• Brohoof 1

Really? Come Clarity is an awful album? I thought it was great... The song Come Clarity was not that good, but "Versus Terminus" and "Crawl Through Knives" are one of my favorite In Flames songs

But hey, that's your opinion and I can actually see why you don't like it tongue.png

Leeches is an okay song I guess... I don't like the vocals though.

Dude, are you serious??? I mean, I could see it being a disappointment if you like their old style better, but there's no way in hell that it's even close to being one of the worst albums of all time. Most people would say it's a pretty good album, i would think. If you want an album that's actually bad, look at one of Nickelback's shitty albums...or even Lulu by Metallica, that was pretty retarded...

I said it was huge dissapointment not the worst album ever. I have a friend who likes Come Clarity and when I asked him if he liked At the Gates he had no idea who they were.  

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I think maybe this topic should be changed to "albums that disappointed you" because that's what it seems like people are writing about...unless that's already a topic...

Anyway, the worst album I've heard of is one of Nickelback's albums, I think it was called "Dark Horse" or something. The lyrics were so bad that it made me sick...yuck...no offense to people who like that band, but seriously, it's not good :/

I said it was huge dissapointment not the worst album ever. I have a friend who likes Come Clarity and when I asked him if he liked At the Gates he had no idea who they were.  

So because you have a friend that likes Come Clarity, but doesn't know At The Gates, that makes you hate the album??? What kind of retarded logic is that???? 

(edited)

I think maybe this topic should be changed to "albums that disappointed you" because that's what it seems like people are writing about...unless that's already a topic...

Anyway, the worst album I've heard of is one of Nickelback's albums, I think it was called "Dark Horse" or something. The lyrics were so bad that it made me sick...yuck...no offense to people who like that band, but seriously, it's not good :/

So because you have a friend that likes Come Clarity, but doesn't know At The Gates, that makes you hate the album??? What kind of retarded logic is that???? 

Changed wink.png

I think he meant that it reached out to the mainstream audience that went all ZERMG I LURVZ DIS ALBUM AND MELO DEATH METAL LALALAL, and when you asked them who bands like At The Gates are, they just shrug

If that is the case, then I really understand his frustration with this album, this is something I see everyday, not only in the Metal community, but in pretty much every (*cough*DUBSTEP*cough*)

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 1

No, that's not what I meant. I don't like the album because I don't like the vocals and it has this odd sound. I've listened to a few songs and his this weird sound. Like, they just don't sound like In Flames.

The whole At the Gates thing was just a minor gripe thing.  

So, which album is the worst one of all time in your opinion? It doesn't have to be an album by an artist or band that you like, it could be any album, but please, be reasonable to why you dislike the album. By that I mean, don't say that you hate an album just because it's made by, let's say Nicki Minaj. 

In my opinion, the worst one I've ever heard is Lulu by Metallica. Just, oh god, I can't even talk about that crappy album, it just... 

...SUCKS!!!!

What on earth Metallica were thinking at the recording of this awful album is beyond me

Well, Lou Reed is also responsible for Metal Machine Music, so after listening to that I think you will need to rethink your statement...

Okay, now that the topic is about albums that were a disappointment, this should be easier...

For sure, one of my biggest disappointments was Avenged Sevenfold's self-titled album. I only really like a few songs on it, and I really liked all of their other albums, but that one was not that good in my opinion.

Also, the album "Vapor Trails" by Rush. I really like the first song, but pretty much all the other songs are just boring :/

Also, the album "Conventional Weapons" by MCR. Those songs were just not really not worth listening to...

Well, Lou Reed is also responsible for Metal Machine Music, so after listening to that I think you will need to rethink your statement...

I was planning on saying that album, but then I thought: "What makes an album?". The answer is simple: Music, songs. 

But Metal Machine Music? There are no songs and nobody here can even call that music. It's tinitus sounds played for half an hour.

I think he meant that it reached out to the mainstream audience that went all ZERMG I LURVZ DIS ALBUM AND MELO DEATH METAL LALALAL, and when you asked them who bands like At The Gates are, they just shrug

Yes, that's exaclty what I meant. They probably can't name any other melodic death metal band, they probably can't even think of any other Swedish metal bands. lol

I was planning on saying that album, but then I thought: "What makes an album?". The answer is simple: Music, songs. 

But Metal Machine Music? There are no songs and nobody here can even call that music. It's tinitus sounds played for half an hour.

I was also bringing up another point: Lulu is really a Lou Reed album where he decided he wanted something heavier or something, of course Metallica fans are going to hate it because that's not the target audience. My initial impression of listening to that Lulu song was that is what complete and utter crap, but after listening to it for a bit it grew on me. Metal Machine Music has it's audience, and so does Lulu. 

Edited by Ganondox

(edited)

Ganondox, on 27 Apr 2013 - 8:14 PM, said:

I was also bringing up another point: Lulu is really a Lou Reed album where he decided he wanted something heavier or something, of course Metallica fans are going to hate it because that's not the target audience. My initial impression of listening to that Lulu song was that is what complete and utter crap, but after listening to it for a bit it grew on me. Metal Machine Music has it's audience, and so does Lulu.

It is something different, I'll admit that, but Metal Machine Music follows no rhyme or reason, it's like taking running your nails on a chalkboard, adding effects and calling it music. That album apparently influenced future music, but that is not an excuse for the crap that was the final product.

And for Lulu, it's alright if Metallica and Lou Reed want to do something different, but how didn't they realize that it was utter crap? It's not the experiment itself I got a problem with, but it's how it doesn't follow have any consistency at all. It's a mash of different ideas gone wrong. Very forgettable

And also, having an audience doesn't make an album good. Many great albums are known by very few people, while crappy albums like "My World" by Justin Bieber got millions of fans, even though it just blows

Edited by Soundgarden

To this shit?

Wow, they really did turn from Melodic Death Metal to Alternative Metal...

Anyway, I don't think the second one suck, but I agree it's not nearly as good as the first and see why old fans would be completely pissed off. It does have that "emo-y" edge to it that many people hate, especially when the band used to sound like something completely different. I can tolerate it here. Okay, I'll admit I'm a big fan of Alternative Metal, and I find the song to be pretty catchy without being stupid. 

Edited by Ganondox

Leeches is an okay song I guess... I don't like the vocals though.

Listen to Scream, that song has no clean vocals in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmA2Wds2qkE

Just to let you know the title track is one of the worst songs from that album, next time listen to a full album before judging it.

But anyways as for me I could name off quite a few disappointments.

The King of Limbs by Radiohead didn't have any songs that really interested me, most of them were good to listen to only about a couple of times. Human After All by Daft Punk wasn't that great at all, the songs would of been better if they were shorter, and I wasn't as huge of a fan of the style that Daft Punk went for in that album. 4x4=12 by Deadmau5 is just earbleedingly terrible. Seriously? Deadmau5 you went from beautiful songs like Strobe, So There I Was, Brazil, The 16 Hour, and For Lack of a Better name, to terrible songs like A City In Florida, Sofi Needs A Ladder, and One Trick Pony, I can't believe it at all. 

4x4=12 by Deadmau5 is just earbleedingly terrible. Seriously? Deadmau5 you went from beautiful songs like Strobe, So There I Was, Brazil, The 16 Hour, and For Lack of a Better name, to terrible songs like A City In Florida, Sofi Needs A Ladder, and One Trick Pony, I can't believe it at all. 

Man, if I had a nickle for every time you ranted about 4x4=12 :P

Anyways, I think that it's a decent album, sure A City In Florida and One Trick Pony were awful, but it had some strong points. I really liked Cthulu Sleeps and the instrumental version of Sofi Needs a Ladder is pretty good. I definitely like his older stuff more, but this new direction he took wasn't too failed.

Anyways, I think that it's a decent album, sure A City In Florida and One Trick Pony were awful, but it had some strong points. I really liked Cthulu Sleeps and the instrumental version of Sofi Needs a Ladder is pretty good. I definitely like his older stuff more, but this new direction he took wasn't too failed.

Yes I do agree that Cthulu Sleeps was an okay track and the intro to Some Chords was good (though I hated the rest of the track), though I don't even like the instrumental version of Sofi Needs A Ladder. Besides I'm the guy who doesn't have a liking for Electro House in the first place.

And if you even got a penny for everytime I ranted about 4x4=Terrible then you'd have over 100 million dollars.

Edited by gooM

Transit of Venus by Thee Days Grace is horseshit.

How in the hell do you go from a kickass album like Life Starts Now to some AWOLnation esque half techno crap.

This is great.

This is crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKaExu_PvZo

Once again I agree the first song is better, but unlike with In Flames I don't see that big of a difference between the two, sure the second one has that stupid bass going "pffft" and it's lyrics and melody aren't as good, but the difference isn't that great. 

Edited by Ganondox

It is something different, I'll admit that, but Metal Machine Music follows no rhyme or reason, it's like taking running your nails on a chalkboard, adding effects and calling it music. That album apparently influenced future music, but that is not an excuse for the crap that was the final product.

And for Lulu, it's alright if Metallica and Lou Reed want to do something different, but how didn't they realize that it was utter crap? It's not the experiment itself I got a problem with, but it's how it doesn't follow have any consistency at all. It's a mash of different ideas gone wrong. Very forgettable

And also, having an audience doesn't make an album good. Many great albums are known by very few people, while crappy albums like "My World" by Justin Bieber got millions of fans, even though it just blows

The difference is that Lou Reed's stuff has some artistic merit. It's debatable about how much, but it's more than any artificial crap from Bieber. Metal Machine Music was hugely influential on the development of noise music, and Lulu read actually got some good reviews from some reviewers that were more targeted towards artsier music. 

• 2 months later...

Thread revival time *yay*

I'm not sure what to post here, I still think Come Clarity is an awful album. I remember I tried listening to a Monstercat album (by request) and it was so bad that I could even bear two minutes of it.

• 2 months later...

Thread revival time *yay*

I'm not sure what to post here, I still think Come Clarity is an awful album. I remember I tried listening to a Monstercat album (by request) and it was so bad that I could even bear two minutes of it.

Why don't you like bash on A Sense of Purpose or Soundtrack to My Escape instead of Come Clarity? I can see why an older fan might not like Come Clarity, but you should find those albums even worse as relatively Come Clarity is more of a return to the older sound. I personally think Come Clarity is the best In Flames album I've heard, with Clayman coming in second. 

Edited by Ganondox
  • Brohoof 1

Reflections of a Dream by Aviators. Although I enjoy their music, Reflections of a Dream was WAY too mixed for me to enjoy it. The only really good song on it was "Worlds Collide". Most of Aviator's music is techno and electric, but I could barely comprehend three quarters of the songs, and they went overboard on the auto tune.