If the Mane 6 were to form a rock band...

Tollhouse

Just for fun!

Who would play what instrument?  Who would sing? What would their first album be called?  Song names? What kind of rock would they play?

Applejack-Lead Singer

Twilight- Background Singers, Piano 

Rarity- Background Singers

Pinkie Pie- Drums

Fluttershy- Bass

Rainbow Dash- Electric Guitar

• Brohoof 3

Twilight: Singer :3

Fluttershy: Triangle

Applejack: accoustic guitar 

Pinkie Pie: accordion

Rainbow Dash: Electric Guitar

Their first album: random music put together xD

Twilight: rhythm guitar/keyboards - handling the bulk of the song while leading the others and letting them shine

Rainbow: lead guitar - would want to be noticed

Applejack: drums - dependable, filling in where she's needed the most

Fluttershy: bass - supports the others without drawing too much attention to herself

Pinkie: singer - does her own thing, likes to interact with the crowd

Rarity: various - would play guitar/keyboards/percussion depending on what was needed

• Brohoof 1

Metal band

Rainbow Dash- Lead guitar

Fluttershy- Mixing/backing vocals/bass

Twilight- Rhythm guitar/ vocals

Rarity-acoustic guitar

Applejack- Orchestral instruments

Pinkie- Drums

Pop

Twilight- lead singer

Rainbow Dash- Rhythm guitar

Fluttershy- mixing/ backing vocals

Rarity- bass

Applejack- acoustic guitar

Pinkie- drums

I dunno pinkie seems like she'd be like ANIMAL from the muppets with the way she would play.

• Brohoof 1

Here's what I had in mind.

Twilight Sparkle - Lead Vocals

Apple Jack  - Acoustic Guitar, backing vocals

Pinkie Pie- Drums

Rainbow Dash - Electric Guitar

Rarity - Keyboards

Fluttershy - Bass 

Spike would be the band manager.  Their first album would be called Friendship is Magic.   Here's their track list.

1. Take My Hoof   -Single

2. Too Many Apples

3. Fabulous

4. Cute Bunnies

5. The Pinkie Song

6. Everypony Sing!

7. Friendship is Magic

8. 20% More Awesome

9. The Perfect Spell

10. Rainbows

11. Running to Manehattan

12. Winter Wrap Up (Rock Version)  (Bonus Track)

13. At the Gala (Rock Version)  (Bonus track)

They would play Hardcore. their message would be about never givin up in the face of trials, stickin tight to your friends, getttin over your vices and scarred past, and fighting back against opposition, while telling ponies to live by honor and stick up for the broken and shattered.

Pinkie would be on the drums with double kick pedals

Fluttershy is a bass player who can tear it up and belt some screams when her flutterrage kicks in and she starts slammin in the pit.

AppleJack is the semi-country fried lead guitar player while Twilight lays down some heavy breakdowns on her axe.

Rarity plays a violin to add some flavor and gets on the mic to scream

Rainbow dash is the main vocalist.

Twilight: Lead singer

Rarity: Backup vocals

Rainbow: Electric Guitar
Pinkie pie: Drums

Applejack: Bass guitar

Fluttershy: Keyboard

I guess that kinda works, the only problem is I'm not sure what Rarity or Fluttershy would do if they play a song and for some reason don't need one of those :P.

They're album would probably be something like..

Rocking Equestria, or something generic, I'm not feeling creative right now I guess hehe.

Well, good to know i'm not the only one who thinks Pinkie'd do good on the drums :3

Dash, I think she'd be good on the electric guitar

I see Fluttershy/Rarity as the Bass x:

That's all i got x3

• Brohoof 1

2142590253_2263ba6546_o.jpg

Kim Fowley: The Trotaways were...a conceptual rock project that failed. Do I regret that they turned on me? No, I'm glad they turned on me. It shows spirit. If I'm training a wild pony, and it bites my hand, I know I've trained it well... My hand is made of iron... That's all it took, that's all it took. 16 years old and Rainbow Dash is already a creep. Am I worried about them? No, they'll be fine. In a few years they'll all be living in a Ponyville barn...

The+Runaways+WhiskeyRunaways70sth.jpg

(That's what I'd like their band to resemble.)

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

(edited)

Er...I don't see Pinkie Pie as anything other than the lead singer. Here's why:

1. It's obvious...she LOVES to sing. In a lot of episodes, she's the one singing, and not the others.

2. She's extremely social. To be the frontman/frontwoman of a band, you need to interact with the crowd.

3. She's, of course, has boundless energy. If you notice, most singers of bands need to jump around while they sing. A singer who does not move would probably bore the crowd.

As for the rest:

There needs to be a songwriter. The job as songwriter would probably either be Pinkie Pie, or Twilight Sparkle. If you've noticed, Twilight Sparkle is a bit of a writer. I wouldn't put it past her to write poetry, or even songs.

The guitar player would be probably be Applejack. That seems to be a fairly common country instrument, though I'm not certain I could see Applejack in a rock band. She'd more likely be Country/Western...but nevertheless....

Rainbow Dash would likely be on the drums. She's a tough girl, and if you've noticed the "tough ones" are usually either lead guitarists or drummers. Since Applejack is the one playing the guitar, then it only makes sense that Rainbow Dash would play the drums.

I'd assume that Rarity would have two jobs, like Pinkie Pie (if she's also a songwriter). Rarity would likely be both the keyboard player, and the costume designer. After all, stage outfits are pretty important for image, which is a big part of the music industry.

EDIT: I think I forgot fluttershy...poor, poor Fluttershy...Anyway, I suspect that she'd be either bass back up vocals.

If you guys have noticed a few of the characters would be doing two things at once. This is actually not uncommon when it comes to music. wink.png

Edited by PinkiePieClone

(edited)

Twilight would sing

Rainbow Dash would play the electric guitar/back up vocals

Pinkie Pie would play the drums

Fluttershy would play the piano/keyboard

Rarity would do...uh...  What would Rarity do?  Hm...  Maybe be a backup piano/keyboard player or back up singer

Applejack would be the acoustic guitarist

Their first album would be called "Friendship is Magic" and they'd probably just sing rock songs about friendship. tongue.png

Edited by Neon Fire

I can see AJ doing acoustic guitar....or drums

Pinkie...something loud and potentially obnoxious. A horn of some kind, or maybe her on drums instead of AJ.

Twilight sang at the wedding, so why not do that more?

Fluttershy won't want to ever be the focus of attention....bass....or maybe just a triangle? XD

Rarity I think would be keyboard and backup singer.

And Rainbow would definitely go for something like electric guitar/lead guitar. Loud, proud, and gets attention.

I think they'd all quit as soon as they realized how hard it is to play most instruments with hooves :P

Since everyone is saying what instrument they'd play, I'm going to go in a different direction and say what kind  of singers each would be and compare them to real singers.

Dash- Axl Rose; loud, very self-centered, always running around and yelling, and would probably break up the band

Rarity- Freddie Mercury; an incredible energy and vocal skill, yet still remaining refined

Applejack- Gretchen Wilson; one o' them country music singers

Fluttershy- she'd be very shy and nervous about it at first, but she'd eventually have a beautiful, passive voice like John Lennon

Twilight Sparkle- Eddie Vedder; I can just picture her with a Pearl Jam sound

Pinkie- Jaret Reddick; extremely positive, uplifting, and exciting. She'd bounce all over the stage.

twilght:singer

Applejack:guitar

Rarity:drum

Dash:bass

Pinkie:keyboard

Fluttershy:2nd singer

spike:2nd bass band90.JPG

it would look like this

They would play Hardcore. their message would be about never givin up in the face of trials, stickin tight to your friends, getttin over your vices and scarred past, and fighting back against opposition, while telling ponies to live by honor and stick up for the broken and shattered.

Pinkie would be on the drums with double kick pedals

Fluttershy is a bass player who can tear it up and belt some screams when her flutterrage kicks in and she starts slammin in the pit.

AppleJack is the semi-country fried lead guitar player while Twilight lays down some heavy breakdowns on her axe.

Rarity plays a violin to add some flavor and gets on the mic to scream

Rainbow dash is the main vocalist.

changed my mind... rarity runs the merch table. violin in hardcore is a horrible idea. otherwise, the rest keep their positions.

• Brohoof 1

Guitar: Rainbow Dash

Lead Singer: Twilight Sparkle

Backup Vocals: Rarity

Drums: Applejack

Accordian: Pinkie Pie

DJ: Fluttershy

In my opinion, dash would make a good heavy metal vocalist because of her voice. The way her voice cracks might actually help. I will have to think more on the rest.

In my opinion, dash would make a good heavy metal vocalist because of her voice. The way her voice cracks might actually help. I will have to think more on the rest.

idk, i think rainbow dash would be in a riot grrl band. i mean she always kinda reminds me of joan jett cuz of her attitude and punky sounding voice. and joan jett was the original riot grrl.

If the Mane 6 were a rock band, then they'd be the cutest and most cuddliest rock band you have ever seen. Infact, they'll be so cute you'll forget they were a rock band in the first place.