Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was going through Celestia's head during this scene

TheMarkz0ne

It was over Twilight not being able to find a lesson to learn about friendship. I just wonder, why would Celestia be so disappointed in Twilight for not discovering anything just for one time. She looks really stoic 

post-11985-0-87840100-1367900196_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Because there are many lessons to be learned about friendship. Also, Twilight is just a perfectionist who dedicates her time to learning everything that could be learned about any subject.

Celestia's look shouts "really?" In a rather sarcastic tone. :)

She wasn't disappointed over Twilight not learning a friendship lesson. She was disappointed in the actions she took to manufacture one. Twilight accidentally put the entire town under an enchantment just so she'd have a letter to write. 

• Brohoof 11

Well because she put herself over the entire town, by putting them under the infulence of a spell to get herself a freindship leason.

Considering she was always training Twilight to become an alicorn, would you really want an all poweful princess puting herself before others.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, considering that particular image is while the others are explaining the lesson they learned, perhaps she was thinking to herself, debating whether to expand the "friendship project" out from just Twilight writing letters, to the full group doing it?

It really is an interesting expression... almost bored, like she's tired of watching stupid mortal ponies learning the same obvious lessons over and over. Or perhaps angry at them for not learning faster and saving her precious Twilight from all that grief. Actually, that makes some sense. She was probably pretty disappointed in all of them, Twilight for turning a personal problem into city wide chaos, and the others for not helping. Twilight's depression and self-hate is already punishment enough for her, and the letter writing is a combination of punishment and getting the others to take their friendships more seriously.

By the way, I love your new avatar, Mark laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Context: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhRc9HknSW0

Start at 19:20. Face at 19:40. Twilight's friends are trying to defend her, believing that Celestia intends to punish Twilight. Immediately afterward, Celestia orders the entire Mane 6 to report friendship lessons to Celestia. 

Given that context, that's either Celestia's "I am disappoint" face or her "no shit" face. Her protege just trashed an entire town to meet some silly deadline. The pony she's been grooming since childhood to lead Equestria just did the worst thing a leader could do. Meanwhile, her student's friends come in and try to take the blame, confessing that they weren't being good friends, themselves. Clearly, there's a lesson for all of them to learn. That face looks like a pretty accurate reflection of how I'd feel if I were Celestia, really. 

• Brohoof 8

She's practicing her Evil Stepmother stare for when she's revealed to be the bad guy in S4 She's probably just disappointed. Or maybe she's just bucking with them and making them think she's still angry with them.

(edited)

Twilight had pretty much just taken a page out of Discord's playbook (mass hypnosis and chaos, duh), albeit having a more "Woobie Destroyer Of Worlds"-type mindset; you really don't think Celestia would take that seriously?

Edited by Anti-Villain

Hello!

I'd love to believe that she's thinking about it in a "Sarcastic" way. I mean, Twilight, really? Why can't you just relax and not over do yourself? In other words, "Get a Life" :P

It was over Twilight not being able to find a lesson to learn about friendship. I just wonder, why would Celestia be so disappointed in Twilight for not discovering anything just for one time. She looks really stoic 

Would you happen to be referring to the episode where Twilight panics about not being able to find a lesson about friendship to write to Celestia about? It seems like a rather appropriate response given that Twi acted completely out of character by going bonkers and even going so far as to create havoc in order to have something to write about. Twilight is suppose to be the smart one so maybe this is why Cel was disappointed in her at her actions.

It's interesting.

Given the fact that Celestia is probably the greatest manipulator/prankster in the show, seeming to be indirectly responsible for several of the Mane 6's misadventures and shortcomings, (i.e. Bringing Philomena to a party she knew Fluttershy would be, sending only two tickets for the Gala, crashing the Gala itself, and showing that she had been manipulating Twilight to become an Alicorn from the get go) I could see that Celestia may have had a hoof in this whole situation as well for her own entertainment.  (The sun ticking like a clock.)

Why that face then?  It's hard to tell.  Celestia, along with being a great manipulator, has the best poker face when it comes to these things.  She also gets entertainment from seeing Twilight distressed, I think.  Her expression could be one of disapproval to "complete" that whole scene and get the best reaction, or maybe even that of amusement.  Always with Celestia, it's hard to tell.

• 4 weeks later...

To me her look screams 'Aw dang it, did I mess up?'. Or just maybe 'Dang it, Twi-Twi! Really?' Cause I mean Celestia is a ruler and probably doesn't have time to come down to Ponyville every time her apprentice looses a bolt. xD

Well that can be many things,she can be waiting for an answer or just be really pist at someone,there are many posibilities,but specificaly in this scene she is waiting for Twilight to respond in Lesson Zero happy.png

~MLPFan14

Probably a bit of disappointment in Twilight for all the havoc she caused to merely obtain a lesson on friendship she could give to her. This is what I see anyway.