Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[hidden]

CadetGrey

(edited)

Pardon me, but I'm failing to see how the lack of change amongst the Crusaders is hurting the show. As I've said, the Crusaders go on different adventures all the time. They've even got a new friend in the group who is also a blank flank, and she's been trying to do her own CMC thing in Manehattan. There's still loads of things that they can do with these characters, and they're still growing in other ways. If anything, the Crusader episodes have been getting better since the first season. Sure, the CMC have been around for three seasons, (two full seasons and a short season) but they're secondary to the Mane Six, not the focal point, so it's not really that much development.

Besides, everything else about the show is changing. They don't necessarily have to save the cutie marks for the very last episode, but depending on how long FIM goes on, this is just too soon for my liking. Twilicorn took a lot of people by surprise as it is, why jump into another major change already? I want the show to last as long as possible, and quick development and too many major changes is only going to speed up its death. This show has been outstanding for three seasons, why fix what isn't broken?

Sometimes I just want the show to stay a slice-of-life where not that many changes occur. MLP is a cartoon. Most cartoon characters don't drastically change their role or identity so quickly, if at all.

And i get that. I'm not saying that lack of change is hurting the Crusaders, I'm saying it's hurting the show. Twilicorn is the big exception (adnd there's been way too much community drama over something that was leaked weeks beforehand and 3 seasons coming) and of course Discord and Trxiie alignment reversal. That isn't a lot of significant change at all.

I'm not saying that CMC getting their cutie marks IMMEDIATELY would be a good thing. I'm saying if there's 24 eps in season 4 let's get to it in one of them near the END of the season (or hell even 2 parter would be excellent and make it a true adventure where they have to step up to save the day for others) . I really wouldn't expect this show to necessarily go past season 5.... but if the question is would we want them to get their cutie marks anytime in S4 then my answer would be yes because they should stop stalling putting that off or waiting to cram it into a finale (badly). I'd rather see that happen than more shows like Spike at Your Service or the Equestrian Games/Spike Petsitting eps cause those eps relevance in the series is pretty unimportant tbf. Twilicorn should be preparing people for change not getting them to reject all aspects of it occurring in the show.

No more StatusQuoisGod. Vote for Change!

Edited by Freewave

With the comment from a Hasbro executive saying the MLP franchise is their top priority right now, due to Friendship is Magic, i'm gonna say that they'll probably wait till Season 5, or potentially Season 6. 

I truly, TRULY want to see a 3 part continuation episode segment for them.  First one would be for Sweetie Belle where she realizes her cutiemark with Rarity.  The Two sisters bond over the little one earning her mark, and this leaves Scootaloo and Applebloom to wonder about theirs. 

During the second episode, I would have it be Scootaloo attempting a dangerous stunt to get more attention by Rainbow Dash.  It leads to an even more bonding experience as the hopeful filly flier learns to let go, understanding that she may never have the potential to fly.  This doesn't mean that she is worthless, and learns even more advanced tricks on her scooter as Rainbow dash flies beside her during different events, when RD isn't on-duty as a Wonderbolt/Wonderboltess. 

It's the third and final episode of the three parter where Applebloom would earn her cutie mark.  Things would revert to where she feels isolated for being a blank flank.  Definitely want this one to be a bonding experience for Applebloom and the rest of the community where she comes to terms with who she is, her talents, and understanding that she isn't alone.  Not to mention that earning her cutie mark doesn't mean the end of the crusaders since the goal can exist as the 3 girls become senior members and use their talents to help out those that are having difficult learning their own special traits. 

Might even have Applebloom go through a dream sequence with Luna looking on as the filly earns a cutie mark she would not want to get, maybe something to deal with garbage, breaking bread sticks, etc....

• Brohoof 1

If you want my honest opinion of whether or not they will get their cutie marks, it's that they won't. Show Stoppers already showed us what their special talents are (Sweetie Belle can sing, Scootaloo likes to do stunts, and Apple Bloom is a talented builder), and now they're just learning. They won't get them because the crusading is an excuse for them to be taught valuable life lessons.

Kinda lazy considering that they could easily still learn life lessons WITH cutie marks, but I guess the writers just prefer to have that fallback of "The CMC were doing another crazy scheme for their cutie marks and then THIS happened!" if they can't think of anything.

Well many people are incredibly annoyed by the fact that they cant realize something so obvious so I think they should. That would also give the writers new opportunities with them. Like having one of them meet another pony that is better than them at something similar or even the same.  

At least one of the CMC should get their cutie mark at one point in the series. I imagine a scene in which Scootaloo gets her cutie mark and the other ponies get jealous and start alienating her. Then they make up, and scootaloo shares the secrets to getting their cutie marks, and eventually we see apple bloom and sweetie belle demonstrating their special talents and their cutie marks appearing.

I agree that one of them of them should get their cutie mark. I still would like all of them to get it. As for your idea, it's alright and I would like to see a CMC break up episode. The only problem is that there is no secret to getting a cutie mark. They have probably heard it from every character right now about a thousand time. If you wait patiently you well get it one day.  

Well, I don't want the whole "finding your cutie mark" thing to drag out, but I think season 4 is a bit early. Season 5 would be more appropriate. I would like to see more from the CMC besides cutie marks.

(edited)

I don't think they should get their cutie marks this season unless Hasbro has a good place for them in the show after they get their cutie marks and still have episodes where they go on little fun adventures and stuff

Edited by Super Derpy

• 4 months later...

does anyone else think that the people in charge should give the cutie mark crusaders their cutie marks in season 4. because i've been waiting and wondering for something to happen in order for at least one of them to get their cutie mark, i mean come on people.....i'm basically sobbing here...

I don't know if they'd get them in season 4. Ever since I first saw the cmc in Call of the Cutie, I instantly thought "They're gonna get their cutie marks at the end of the whole show." So yeah it would probably be whenever the series finale is.

does anyone else think that the people in charge should give the cutie mark crusaders their cutie marks in season 4. because i've been waiting and wondering for something to happen in order for at least one of them to get their cutie mark, i mean come on people.....i'm basically sobbing here...

Just to let you know that there already exists a thread to discuss whether the CMC should get their cutie marks in Season 4. I've merged your thread with it so that we don't have two of the same thread. :)

• Brohoof 1

my thought is this...i think one of them might get theirs. i think this because it will explore new lessons they might face. if one of the CMC's was to get thier cutie mark...would the others be resentful? would they be jealous? would the one who gets it might become overly excited and hurt her friends in some way? or will she be worried that her friends would hate her for the feat and try to hide it? these questions would make a good episode or a few if the problem continues. i hope they do get their marks...and no i dont believe that it would be the end of the CMC's...they might help others get theirs, thats always a good thought.

For me, there shouldn't be a rush on it. They haven't seen what they themselves are. If a cutiemark defines who you are and what you want to do in your life that shows what you interpret is your purpose, why must there be a time limit? Remember, they haven't tried everything they could yet to discover who _they_ are. By giving them a mark this early, its out of character. They are trying to give them talents, but they aren't who you are.  This was played well in fanfiction named Easel Said then Done where Scootaloo wins a competition in art based on her realistic (or almost realistic) drawing of RD and she hates it. It wasn't until later that she learned that she herself could define it to mean what she truly is. Sometimes its not the talent you know, it could be the talent you never knew you had.  

Likewise, the same could be said about the other Crusaders. Talents are talents, but they aren't totally what a cutie mark is. So why should I want them to discover their marks now? Though...I'm suspecting that Scootaloo will gain hers in the spoiled episode. (I imagine something with machine building. Like, a metalic wing with a scooter representing her love the build and achieve greater things that bodily limitations won't allow.)

• Brohoof 1

I just believe that they need to make more episodes like Sisterhooves Social and Sleepless in Ponyville, where the CMC learn a lesson that's not related to them getting their cutie marks. Those episodes are meant for the purpose of character development. If we could have more episodes like these we could wait for them to get their cutie marks just a little bit longer. ;)

I just think that this wouldn't have been dragged on for so long if The Show Stoppers had come either later in Season 1 or some time in Season 2. Because they made it kind of obvious what their special talents are, and just seeing them do nothing related to their talents for three seasons already is getting kind of annoying dry.png  I still love the CMC and their episodes are mostly cute and fun but they need more character development episodes instead of them doing things completely unrelated to their talents for a long time. ;)

I would think at least one of the cutie mark crusaders should get their cutie in season 4. They shouldn't all get them at once, for that would be obviously rushing the plot and progression of the show. Because once they all get their cutie marks, what then? What happens with them next?

It just wouldn't be as interesting if season 4 were to have that all wrapped up. Wouldn't be so smart of the writers to do that, especially if you consider how many times they have already rushed throughout the series overall.

I'd say I wouldn't mind if one of the CMC got their cutie mark in the next season though.

• Brohoof 3

I would think at least one of the cutie mark crusaders should get their cutie in season 4. They shouldn't all get them at once, for that would be obviously rushing the plot and progression of the show. Because once they all get their cutie marks, what then? What happens with them next?

It just wouldn't be as interesting if season 4 were to have that all wrapped up. Wouldn't be so smart of the writers to do that, especially if you consider how many times they have already rushed throughout the series overall.

I'd say I wouldn't mind if one of the CMC got their cutie mark in the next season though.

That's a good idea cause it would be positively bad writing if all three of them had to discover their talents in one day. Their talents are completely unrelated to each other so it's hard to think of a scenario where all of them would fit, so all at once wouldn't work out. They already did a talent show so that's out. dry.png  It would be better if each of them could get their mark separately. Then we would be left wondering what the next girl would go through to get hers :)

• Brohoof 1

Having read some of the posts for them getting there CMs in season 4: I'm 50/50:

On one hand it would be an interesting new direction for the show to go like how Twilight got her wings and that now adds a new dimension to the show and stops it getting stail

On the other hand: I like them going on there misadventures trying to get there Cutie Marks: and failing but still having fun, I still think there's tons of funny stories to be told of Scootalaewsome, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom trying to get there marks when the time is really right, when they know just what there supposed to do and there talent comes to light

• Brohoof 1

Yes, they should. I don't want MLP to be dragging this plot (img-1451310-1-wink.png ) any longer. One thing that got me off Spongebob was they recycled the same idea over and over again, and I don't want that to happen to MLP.

/)

They shouldn't drag the plot?

I think they should, they didn't make discord stay bad and i know its my opinion but that spoiled discord in general

Harmony can't exist without chaos, besides who can say No to the crusaders.   

They shouldn't drag the plot? I think they should, they didn't make discord stay bad and i know its my opinion but that spoiled discord in general Harmony can't exist without chaos, besides who can say No to the crusaders.

No they shouldn't. What makes MLP so good is that they give the characters new obstacles in their life (IE:Twilicorn, Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash, Discord being tamed).  Also, there is alot more chaos then Discord.

If they keep the cutie mark episdoes going, it's gonna get old fast. They've already dragged the "We're never gonna get your cutie marks" thing alittle to far. Give them their cutie marks and give them their talents and that would breath new life into the characters.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves