Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

^_^  Why is this idea so good. I'm not a religious person, so yeah, the spot is kind of unoccupied. I wouldn't mind joining this ASAP as it comes around. Seems fun enough.

Not saying that I'd become fanatically committed to it or deeply believe Celestia and Luna are real, but it does seem like more fun than trying to come up with rational explanations for everything that happens.

Yeah um... Luna works in mysterious ways?

Edited by PinkiePai

I find the notion of worshiping Luna and Celestia rather silly only because of view of what religion is isn't accepted by 100% of people. I don't see religion as a organization that has morals that they follow. I see religion as have conviction in a certain belief in doctrines. Atheism can be considered a religion because they have a faithful conviction that there is no god. To make a mlp religion just based on the moral implications and for fun would be really immature in my opinion, especially when there are people in the world that believe in something 100% and would (and have) died because they believe or don't believe in a higher power.

So TL;DR don't do it, it would be very disrespectful to religious people.

I find the notion of worshiping Luna and Celestia rather silly only because of view of what religion is isn't accepted by 100% of people. I don't see religion as a organization that has morals that they follow. I see religion as have conviction in a certain belief in doctrines. Atheism can be considered a religion because they have a faithful conviction that there is no god. To make a mlp religion just based on the moral implications and for fun would be really immature in my opinion, especially when there are people in the world that believe in something 100% and would (and have) died because they believe or don't believe in a higher power.

Sorry, but I just don't see your point. You're basically saying that a little kid playing in the park with a toy truck insults truck drivers who drive trucks for 20 years to feed their family... I really don't see how this would be disrespectful to religious people.

(edited)

Sorry, but I just don't see your point. You're basically saying that a little kid playing in the park with a toy truck insults truck drivers who drive trucks for 20 years to feed their family... I really don't see how this would be disrespectful to religious people.

Don't feed the religious troll. Note how every other person in this thread, including you and I, are saying go for it whilst this one person believes it is disrespectful. ALL religions are disrespectful to some people be it LGBT, Women, Children (Looking at you, Catholicism) etc.

If there is a Pastafarian church/following then MLP should definitely have one, even if it's just for Lulz. I'd love to put that as my religion on the next UK census.

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 2

No, because religion is a serious thing that has people who are deeply devoted to it, making a religion for fun indirectly mocks the people who are deeply religious. By deeply religious I mean people who are die hard ready to die and/or dedicated their life and finances to it. Going back to your analogy, its not like kids playing with a toy truck, but kids playing an actual truck; then the kids claim they are as much truck drivers as the professionals.

i-find-this-humerus-large.png

anyway, as long as you add nightmare moon as like the satian or something id totally join then fall to the dark side of the ponies (for lack of a better term) to worship nightmare moon x3.....or sombra x3

Is it weird that I'm making a MLP religion to worship both Luna and Celestia. I'm being 100% legit. I already have a lot of things in mind. I just wanted to know if anyone took a interest in it. lol

It does actually sound a lot more reasonable than *HM HM HM* SOME major religions nowadays. Religion just takes it too far, I respect them as I would the President of the United States but not as deities. This is actually dangerous, but not as much as was the invention of Christianity.

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of have something I could add to this religion (if it hasn't already been done so).

The practitioners must write whatever lessons they've learned on the magic of friendship on a weekly basis (or whenever they get around to it) on sheets of paper, which once rolled up , will be set ablaze with a copper flame and symbolically sent to Celestia.

Not too bad of an idea if you ask me. A religion where the followers better themselves every week, month, whenever a friendship lessons comes about. I approve. I'm agnostic. I've got nothing to loose by joing the MLP religious movement.

Funny thing. On the day of Bronycon, I praised Celestia for rising the sun and the Pegasai for clearing up the sky. Then acknowledged that the Pegasai had to make it rain the next day.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

Sorry, but...no. I'm already not a fan of religion and I don't like the idea of turning things from a cartoon that's meant to entertain us into objects of worship. That...just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Haha, whatever floats your boat, believe what you want! Truth be told, it sounds mildly amusing, you could have your biblical antagonist be sombra. Don't know what Cthulhu would think about it though... Eh, he'd probably be indifferent.

I'll totally get started on some rites to summon the spirits of Luna and Celestia.

I'm being totally legit right now.

Should we use their cutie marks as sigils to summon them? I'm totally hyped. Oh my God, I'm doing this.

I'm going to create rituals, too.

Oh, and don't forget the fact that the Sun and Moon will be extremely important in allowing their spirits to enter into  your consciousness.

I guess that I'll base the whole thing off of the Qabbalastic method.

Jesus Christ, this is going to be awesome.

Edited by Horus
  • Brohoof 1

Well, here's the evocation of Princess Celestia.

Remember, YOU are the one who makes this real. There is nothing more real than what you perceive as reality.

THE EVOCATION OF PRINCESS CELESTIA OF EQUESTRIA

Imagine a bright ball of light off in the distance. It glimmers and dances with the radiance of the Sun as this bright light begins heading toward you.

As this light approaches it shines brighter and brighter until it halts over your head, gently resting on your scalp.

Vocalize the word:
Atto!

Attempt to feel the vibration of the words coming from this ball of light. Repeat it often to stay in focus. If the mind begins to wander, gently bring it back to the wonderful feeling of friendship derived from Celestia's glory (do this for all of the following as well).

Imagine a beam of light, passing from the light that rests on your head, down to your throat until it forms another ball of light.

Vocalize the word:

Friendship!

Again the beam of light passes down through your body until it reaches your diaphragm and creates a third ball of light.

Vocalize the word:

Wisdom!

Another beam of light passes downward until it reaches the pelvic area and forms a fourth ball of light.

Vocalize the word:
Magick!

Finally imagine a beam of light reaching down to your feet and forming one last ball of light.

Vocalize the word:

Strength!

Feel the five balls of light in your body, it is a very real, physical sensation.

Feel or imagine now that Princess Celestia's body is superimposed over your own, that you are now her and she is now you.
You feel her warmth, love and strength all around you, encouraging you to overcome all obstacles you have in your way.

Once this sensation has been completed give a prayer of thanksgiving to the Princess and acknowledge her unending mercy.

Stand up and simply dwell in the fact that the spirit of Celestia was connected with you. She is as real as you make her, and that is more real than anything in the physical world.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is it weird that I'm making a MLP religion to worship both Luna and Celestia. I'm being 100% legit. I already have a lot of things in mind. I just wanted to know if anyone took a interest in it. lol

I usually don't really read what other people post so i dont know if some one has said this already but what i like to do is write about things i learned on a piece of paper, then i burn it

It's not really a religion if you don't actually believe what you claim to believe, more of a parody of religion would be more accurate. Of course there are probably some people out there who think Equestria is real and actually believe that stuff but those people are ridiculous. 

It's al nice and godo as long as you enjoy the show and/or the community for one reason or another, but creating a religion based on it is kind of pushing it in my humble opinion. Sure, one can use the characters as sort of...spiritual aid (?) if they feel so inclined, but this sounds like it's a little too much. But I guess as long as this is not trying to be an explanation of the existence of humans and whatnot I can just roll my eyes and move on :P

• Brohoof 1

honestly I already sort of ''worship'' the moon I even pray to it from time to time and ask for Luna's blessing. It helps me achieve peace of mind to get through day to day activity's. And im not even a religious person, I don't believe in heaven or hell or ''god'' for that matter, I just have always had a deep love and admiration for the moon, even before I knew of MLP or Lunas character in the show. I find that it gives me inner strength to deal with day to day life. I guess that makes me a little weird but hey, I've always been a weird guy.

• Brohoof 2

Id totally be up for helping you out if you need any help, i for one think its a brilliant idea. Im a believe of the greek gods anyway. But yea pm me if you want any help coming up with ideas etc.

• Brohoof 1

i like to see MLP like a lifestyle or a philosophy on what i'm going  to take it for the rest of my life happy and satisfied, but as a religión? no, never, religión implies the fate of souls, prophesies, messages from god, faith, and rituals that mlp doesn't have enough to be considered a religión. the valuable lessons of that cute ponies are enough to learn and practice our love and tolerance legend,

• Brohoof 1

I think the fandom sort of already does all of the good things that a religion can do, without doing any of the bad things that a religion can do. A religion can be a tool to help good people come together as a community and better each other's lives. It can also be a tool by which the power-hungry can control the stupid and ruin society. I kind of like the idea of an MLP spirituality as a way to bring the teachings of the show into our everyday lives. I think that's pretty safe. But once you start calling it a religion it becomes organized and you get official doctrines and people start fighting. I think the ritual that Heretick-Tock came up with is nice, and the idea of writing letters to Celestial and burning them, but in my opinion, we shouldn't start a proper church. Small meetings of friends to do rituals together could be okay, but no hierarchies! Hierarchies are what ruined Christianity.

• Brohoof 2

I have bad experiences with religions in general. Most of the time they are just tools for mind control and providing well-being for their gurus by the cost of their followers. They mess with people's minds, install weird behaviors and exploit their weaknesses.

But if you are thinking about something more of a belief system of philosophy, like the original Zen Buddhism (before it has been turned into religion too), or Jedi Knightship, or an ethical codex of honor, like the Dragon Code, then I'm OK with it, since I actually follow such rules in my life already. This way it might be kind of cool. At least if it won't force any particular beliefs or rituals. Anyone should be allowed to express this belief system in its own way, and it all should be voluntary.

not only would you have to write a holy book

Why does one need a holy book at all? Does every religion need to have one? I don't think so.

Isn't the original show itself such a holy book? I see people quoting it as an example to follow in some situations, so I think this would suffice. And there are many interesting examples in the show which people can learn much from.

The practitioners must write whatever lessons they've learned on the magic of friendship on a weekly basis (or whenever they get around to it) on sheets of paper, which once rolled up , will be set ablaze with a copper flame and symbolically sent to Celestia.

THAT!!! :yay:

No, really, this is a very good idea! Just look at how much Twilight Sparkle has learned from this practice during her study of the Magic of Friendship, and how much it has influenced her life. In the beginning of the series, she was so anti-social and uninterested in what other ponies do. But with time, she began to understand the power of Friendship. And recall the scene when Discord inverted the personalities of all her friends, and they all turned their backs to her. What did Celestia do? She resent her all her letters to let her read them again, which caused her to remember all her lessons.

Writing letters to Celestia about what have you learned about the Magic of Friendship today is good from several reasons. First, it is a motivational tool to actively seek for occasions to learn something, to have something to write about. Second, when you're turned down, it allows you to read these lessons again and feel better. Third, it helps you remember the lesson if from some reasons you forget it. (Happens -_- ) Fourth, it is a feedback loop which allows you to improve upon yourself day by day, to become a better person (or pony). And fifth: it's fun! :lol:

A religion where the followers better themselves every week, month, whenever a friendship lessons comes about. I approve.

Exactly.

I'd add to this something about the Elements of Harmony. Once I've got an idea to start a topic here about an attempt to find the Elements of Harmony in our Human World, since we can't just go to Equestria and borrow them to bring back Harmony in our World. But as far as I know, Luna and Celestia had found them in their World, and they are just a "crystallized" form of the spirits which their wielders have in their hearts. So I was wondering if it's possible to find the Elements of Harmony in our World, by following the similar rules as Mane 6, and striving to impersonate these virtues ourselves. I'm not hoping that this will cause the actual Elements to magically materialize on my kitchen table :lol: or to use their Magic in our World for real. But if we interpret Magic as just some power of influencing the World around us, whatever way it manifests, then I think it could be possible. And our World, corrupted by Chaos and imbalance (with predominance of Dark Magic), do really need such a change to come, or we're all doomed.

Well, maybe I'll really start such a topic if anyone is interested and wants to share some thoughts about it.

Funny thing. On the day of Bronycon, I praised Celestia for rising the sun and the Pegasai for clearing up the sky. Then acknowledged that the Pegasai had to make it rain the next day.

This year the winter in my country was overly long. I looked forward for spring to come, but it wasn't coming for so long time. Then I started thinking about Pegasi, asking them (just for fun ;-J ) to clean up the skies and bring back spring. I played "Winter Wrap Up" on my piano keyboard day by day, and, surprisingly, it started to work :blink: Funny coincidence, but still :P

Should we use their cutie marks as sigils to summon them?

It might quite work, since their cutie marks and the whole Sun/Moon symbolism and gods/goddesses is actually borrowed from existing ancient religions and mythologies, such as Hermetism. I wrote some more about that in my thread about symbolism in MLP:FiM.

I'm totally hyped. Oh my God, I'm doing this.

Didn't you rather mean "Oh my Goddess"? ;)

Oh, and don't forget the fact that the Sun and Moon will be extremely important in allowing their spirits to enter into your consciousness. I guess that I'll base the whole thing off of the Qabbalastic method.

Perhaps. Since the Kaballah is also rooted in Hermetic tradition and belief systems like Gnosticism and Alchemy. They're all the same thread of secret knowledge. The Hebrew word "Kabbalah" is usually translated as "receiving", even by Jewish people themselves, but as far as I figured out from studying ancient knowledge and comparing this word with other ancient-rooted languages, like Arabic, more true meaning would be something like "Balance". You can see it in the meanings of many other words derived from the QBL root. The modern translation as "receiving" might be just a matter of fact that they have received this knowledge from someone else: their gods, or maybe from Ancient Egyptians, where this knowledge originated. Similarly as the word "Alchemy" is from Arabic "al-Khemet", which is translated "from Egypt", but literally the ancient name of Egypt, "Khemetu" in Ancient Egyptian, means "The Place of Knowledge". So the name "Alchemy" wasn't just a name, but an indication of where this system of knowledge came from.

I figured it out when I found an ancient Arabic book of Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, the father of Algebra. Its title goes "Al-kitab al-mukhtasar fi hisab al-jabr w'al-muqabala", which was translated as "The compendious book on calculation, algebra and solving equations" back then, because people thought that "al-jabr" (algebra) is a proper name of the branch of mathematics. But it's actually a description of a process, and it literally means "(the) transposition" or something in these lines. And notice also the last word, which curiously resembles Hebrew word "Kaballah". This is not a coincidence. It's the Arabic version of the same word, with the same QBL root. But here, "solving equations" was literally "(the) balancing". Because this is exactly what you do when you want to solve equation: you transpose (jabr) things (the opposites) to restore the Balance (qabala). Fortunately Wikipedia already figured out the mistake and now they translate it properly.

But this trick applies not only in mathematics -- it is a part of a greater whole.The idea of Balance has been the core idea of ancient mysticism, like Kaballah, Hermetism, Gnosticism, Tao Te Cing etc. It was symbolized in many different ways: as two opposing forces (Yin and Yang) in perfect balance, symbolized by black & white Koi fishes, or dragons, and of course the Sun and Moon.

In my thread about symbolism you can find out more about how it is already there in "MLP:FiM", and some other symbolism from Kaballah and Gnosticism (like the Kaballistic Tree of Life, the Egyptian Merkaba, and Platonic Solids, which were actually called Elements by Euclid and Plato themselves). We have also seen in the Season 3 finale how practicing this Magic of Friendship can lead one to ascension and transform your body, mind and spirit (the Mer-Ka-Ba), physically and non-physically. I plan to write some more about that soon in my symbolism thread, since I still have some overdue info from Season 2 to publish there too.

Of course there are probably some people out there who think Equestria is real and actually believe that stuff but those people are ridiculous.

But it is real! Equestria exists! Look it up at Google Maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/kaFQa

Edited by SasQ

Nah, that's kinda what I would call, maybe going a little too far, I mean If you really want to go for it then by all means give it a try, it's just idk kinda weird IMO to basically worship characters off of a show , my main point being is we get enough hate as it is without starting a religion based around pastel colored ponies!

• Brohoof 1