Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Kingdom Hearts fans?

Sazama Ichida

(edited)

I sure am. It's the best RPG franchise I've ever played. The characters, The story, The gameplay, The music...Everything is just absolutely perfect...

I liked the first 2 the most. It was so much fun teaming up with Disney Characters as partners and summons. Oh man that was fun...So much fun...

It was sad what happened to the series later. The story really went down hill and got messed up with Days Re: Coded and Dream Drop Distance. I still loved those games and found them fun though. Things started getting better again with Dream Drop Distance but I still liked teaming up with Disney Characters like in KH1 and KH2 better. I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 6

You bet there are Kingdom Hearts fans on here especially me :3. When I was little and beat the first game I fell in love with the series. The story the imagination put into the games is what I love the most. 

I was a huge fan of KH up until the second one. After that I stopped keeping up with the series, and have pretty much lost any motivation to return to it, what with the countless spin-offs that have come out the last few years. I want KH3! Not the over-complicated mumbo-jumbo about nobodies and heartless and hearts!

I thought it was somewhat disappointing that they removed the platforming in KH2. It was honestly kind of fun trying to find all the treasure chests in the first game. :P

I love kingdom hearts, its ful of action, its got awsome graphics, and its funny. The fighting cutscenes are always awsome, too. I just hate how long its taking for the 3rd game to be released!

• Brohoof 1

Oh I love Kingdom Hearts. I'm currently playing through Dream Drop Distance right now because I recently found my copy again, and I'm having fun. I haven't played any other of the spin offs except chain of memories sooo I'm just a little bit lost when it comes to the story. I don't think it is near as hard to follow as people say it is, though.

I really liked KH2. In fact, when i got KH2, i played it non-stop for 12 hours, mostly because i got so engaged with the story. However, when my sister got KH1, it took me a few hours just to find my way through Deep Jungle, I also managed to get lost in Agrabah, which made me feel a bit embarrased.

Are you kidding me?

I love the kingdom hearts series!

My personal favorite has to be the first one, it was one of the first ps2 games I played and it was awesome! But difficult...

I'm with ya dude!

And just like you, we're probably waiting for kingdom hearts 3 right? XD

PS: Get the HD collection! Sure it's only two games, but they're worth the price!

• Brohoof 1

I Love the Kingdom Hearts Series!!!

I beat the game on all the modes and still played it too no end!

My Personal Favorite was Kingdom Hearts 2 Because i loved using a CodeBreaker to Play as Roxas.. i did love playing as Sora too but.

The Most Awesome Battle on it Was Vsing Sephiroth.. i know some really awesome tricks about the fight too just Pm me and i'll tell ya..

Also i can't wait for KH3!!!!

I liked the first 2 the most. It was so much fun teaming up with Disney Characters as partners and summons. Oh man that was fun...So much fun...

A fellow Chain Of Memories fan? Score -- oh wait, you're talking about KH2, aren't you?

Since I only have a PS2 and DS, I've only played KH1, Re:COM, KH2, and Days (as well as watching cutscenes for the others on Youtube).

I replayed COM again a few months ago with my sisters, and we turned it into a a bizzare, sleep-deprived alternate universe where characters could be renamed at any time to "Memory Card Face" if we were feeling hyper enough and tripped over our words and all the dialogue in Olympus Colosseum was performed by the walls, floors, and pillars because of the wonky chat boxes. It was fabulous. 

A fellow Chain Of Memories fan? Score -- oh wait, you're talking about KH2, aren't you?

Since I only have a PS2 and DS, I've only played KH1, Re:COM, KH2, and Days (as well as watching cutscenes for the others on Youtube).

I replayed COM again a few months ago with my sisters, and we turned it into a a bizzare, sleep-deprived alternate universe where characters could be renamed at any time to "Memory Card Face" if we were feeling hyper enough and tripped over our words and all the dialogue in Olympus Colosseum was performed by the walls, floors, and pillars because of the wonky chat boxes. It was fabulous. 

I liked Chain of Memories as well. But the remake on the PS2 was better. Only thing I really didn't like about it was the battle system. (Using cards) I thought they should've just made it like the others.

I liked Chain of Memories as well. But the remake on the PS2 was better. Only thing I really didn't like about it was the battle system. (Using cards) I thought they should've just made it like the others.

Actually, I really liked the card system. More strategic and all. The Zexion boss fight was my favorite in the entire series. You almost got the sense that you were actually playing against an enemy with a battle plan and intelligence rather than a boss fight that they programmed. 

The one thing that stopped COM from being as great as KH1 was the terrible job at the Disney worlds. Imagine if they originally made it for the PS2 and made each minor world a brand new, "broken" version of the original with fully voiced cutscenes and time and attention to detail? Sora's story could have him doing it in weird orders or even mixing and matching memories, as well as including elements of the main plot seeping in more and more as time went on.  In Riku's story, you could make it a Disney version of Bastion where even the levels themselves are only bits and pieces surrounded by the void because of how empty Riku's heart was. Man that would've been epic.

Actually, I really liked the card system. More strategic and all. The Zexion boss fight was my favorite in the entire series. You almost got the sense that you were actually playing against an enemy with a battle plan and intelligence rather than a boss fight that they programmed. 

The one thing that stopped COM from being as great as KH1 was the terrible job at the Disney worlds. Imagine if they originally made it for the PS2 and made each minor world a brand new, "broken" version of the original with fully voiced cutscenes and time and attention to detail? Sora's story could have him doing it in weird orders or even mixing and matching memories, as well as including elements of the main plot seeping in more and more as time went on.  In Riku's story, you could make it a Disney version of Bastion where even the levels themselves are only bits and pieces surrounded by the void because of how empty Riku's heart was. Man that would've been epic.

Zexion was a great villain. But oh man he was so annoying to fight against...He'll freaking rob you blind...You pretty much don't have a choice but to take him out just as quickly as possible...

• Brohoof 1

Never played 1 or2 since I never had a PS2. I've played Chain of Memories though, which is a really odd game but fairly enjoyable, don't think I'll ever finish it though. Played and loved 358/2 Days though, quite a fantastic game imo with undisputebly the best graphics on DS. Played the demo for Dream Drop Distance as well but didn't really like it, might pick it up someday though.

I've been a huge Kingdom Hearts fan ever since the game was announced. The story behind it is something I love cause it's so complex and has a lot of ohmy.png moments in it. I'm just really angry at sony or whoever is project manager or in charge of KH 3 cause every time they hint about it they always say the same thing. "Well we've got a Final Fantasy Game lined up and then KH3 is our next project." Sony lies they just keep milking that FF theme till all that's left is the dead horse to beat. I just want to know what happens next in the story. Please sony give me KH3 already.angry.png

Let me just say that I absolutely LOVED KH1 and really enjoyed Re: CoM and KH3D. However, the rest of the games, in my opinion, are utterly forgettable, especially since the gameplay in most games are what frustrates me the most.

The reason why I think KH1 is still the best game in the series is that the combat system was very basic, but very challenging. Without reaction commands, you actually had to plan your strategies, and without stiff movement, you very rarely could totally run away from the battlefield. Drives I thought were unnecessary seeing as how the enhanced Limit commands can easily obliterate opponents even if you're at a very low level. Not only that, but I feel like the atmosphere for KH1 had a very solid balance between Disney's world and Final Fantasy's world, a depth of seriousness with the mix of the always cheerful and prideful ways that Mickey Mouse's crew can provide. In KH2, I felt the story shifted way more towards the Final Fantasy franchise and the only thing left from Disney's end was the worlds themselves. Maleficent is no longer a main antagonist, which disappoints me. Instead, we have very cliche antiheroes who turn out to be pawns in use of thirteen other cliche villains that even a fifth grader could predict. Gets old after a while. I want a unique villian to peak my interest, and Xehanort just doesn't cut it for me.

Don't get me wrong, though. KH2 wasn't a real BAD game, but it just didn't stand out to me like the previous games in the series. I did applaud the use of new Disney characters and a more fluent battle system, but these changes came at a price for more cliches and a less challenging gameplay system.

I've played every KH game, and the first is still the best. I've really become less of a fan as I (much like many other fans) have become so confused by the story at this point. I probably won't buy another game till KH 3.....so ya I may be waiting for a loooong time.

Yeah we really need KH3 to be made. It's been too long. I can't wait to see what will happen next. I wonder who the next villain will be and if Kairi will finally be playable.