Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the humans have different names?

Pinkazoid

Torrible thread title

Pointless Thread

Just wondering, i'm preeeety sure the trailer didn't mention any names at all, besides when Twilight said "Pinkie Pie?" Will they get new names? if so, will they at least have the same initials? 

Okay... hm, since they are NOT the ponies we know and love, they will probably have different names. I mean, imagine the following dialogue between you and one of the 'humane 5':

"Hi, what's your name?"

"I'm Rarity. Or Miss Rarity. Or Lady Rarity."

"Ah, Rarity...?"

"Just Rarity."

"So, you're like Cher?"

"Who?"

"Nevermind."

• Brohoof 1

I think they will have the same names. If they don't then I wonder what they would be. Since it is a spin off using the concept of the mane 6 while adopting their personas and attributes into their new "human" forms I doubt they will change their names. Will it sound weird having their names being said in the human world? Yes but there is not alot of info on this topic.

Unfortunately I think the only one that will keep his name is Spike.  The rest will probably have something similar, Applejack and Rainbow Dash may have names with the same initials.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if human Applejack's name is just that- "A.J.". 

As for other characters... Principal Celeste, maybe?

• Brohoof 2

Saw a Derpibooru spoiler post somewhere that had their supposed names, but I'm too lazy to go find it. I would hope so though, yes. These aren't the Mane Six, they're alternate dimension equivalents.

• Brohoof 2

looking at it from a Hasbro/business perspective, it's probably cheeper to keep the old names than to copyright 5 new ones. Besides, they might just be nicknames anyhow. Pinky Pie's real name is Pinkamina Dian Pie if I recall.

330890__safe_twilight-sparkle_meme_eques

Reaction image, but meh, here they are....

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

100 chars.

• Brohoof 1

If those are truly the names... I'm a bit frightened. They just don't fit the Mane 6. 

I think that they could keep the original names. After all, if they were going for realistic the could have made the skin colors normal.

• Brohoof 1

Here's an interesting question: will they still have the same names?

Perhaps "Rainbow Dash" is just her affectionate nick-name, while "Snips and Snails" are just what bullies call them.

It makes sense, though I'm not sure how much I like it anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie goes that route.

I think that for simplicity's sake, the names will stay the same. the world they're going to isn't completely like ours, I imagine that the names they use are details that line with the equestria world

@@Shiek927,

Hello there. We already happened to have a topic dedicated to discussing whether the humanized characters in the upcoming Equestria Girls movie will have the same names as their FiM counterparts, so for convenience your thread has been merged with the older one. 

Well in the trailer they did keep All of the original names of the characters. So that is what they're gonna do I mean why change the names of the characters if they already have names that we know and love.

Well in the trailer they did keep All of the original names of the characters. So that is what they're gonna do I mean why change the names of the characters if they already have names that we know and love.

Wrong. Twilight only said her own name (as well as Sunset Shimmer said 'Who is this Twilight Sparkle?') and Pinkie Pie's name as a question adressed to the 'humane' Pinkie. But there is no respond of the human Pinkie to that question. So for now, we don't have a proof for that whole name-thing in any way.

Unfortunately I think the only one that will keep his name is Spike.  The rest will probably have something similar, Applejack and Rainbow Dash may have names with the same initials.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if human Applejack's name is just that- "A.J.". 

As for other characters... Principal Celeste, maybe?

I agree. If they don't have the same names, they'll probably just make a slight change. I can't imagine Rarity having a different name though. Hmm. 

The villain in Equestria Girls was advertised as Sunset Shimmer, right? So let's assume she'll still have that name in the setting of EqG - it's very much like a name you'd get in Equestria. It'd seem fit that the Mane 6 had their Equestria-style names as well - donning human names would make Sunset Shimmer seem like a right fool with her name. :)

Unless it was only her pony self that was advertised as being Sunset Shimmer, in which case there's room to doubt that theory.

Whether or not those names linked by RWB are real, I think these should be their names, if anything:

Applejack: Courtney

Rarity: Victoria

Pinkie Pie: Holly-Ann

Fluttershy: Laura

Rainbow Dash: Roxxane

I could probably think of other names, but I think these fit well.

II dont really like trying to get logical about children films, yet at the risk of bordering on fanficky:...

So twilight is suppose to be getting some crown (according to one source), this could either be taken literally, meaning it was why she crossed the portal in the first place, which then leads me to believe the crown is property of Equestria. Or it kight just have meant that twilight is, for whatever reason, attempting to win the school formal and receive THAT crown, which may or may not be the same as said former crown.

I reckon (admittedly based on practically jack squat), that the crown is the main source of the portal, and being that it is of some godly equestrian property; it created a dimension based on Equestria. It was either stolen (by the main antagonist, who wanted to reign over their own created world) or fell in or wtv. Twilight needs to win it back legitimately for wtv reason. Some revelationnwill occur at the end where if the crown returns to Equestria than this new dimension will cease to exist so twilight is like "aww shucks you guys keep it" and then is all like "gee celestia is gonna hate me for purposely failing my mission" and then just like with 50% of the plot of season 3 (example, Spitfire to RD), celestia is like "Awww you're such a swell pony ok you can still be alicorn" credits. "our friendship transcends dimensions we are hip". Then there is a post credits segment where an egil human is all like "muhahaw friendship is magic huh? Well magic dont exist here so..." dun dun dunnnn

Yeh i bsed the latter part.

hope their names dont become too wild...or less wild i guess.

No. Most likely they won't, since they kept the same style, and appearances. They're practically anthropomorphic, which they are, considering teh fact that regular humans are not pink or purple or blue. 

Think of it that they just changed shape, plus clothes. Didn't change anything, and most likely everyone else in the school will have pony-ish names too.

It would be kinda weird for me if they up and changed names all the sudden. Human or pony, they still should have their regular names. But if it ends up that they don't, that'll be okay. I'll just have to learn all of their names over again! That'll be fun. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

Well, judging by how names like "Sunset Shimmer" and "Twilight Sparkle" are not surprising, I'm guessing their names could be the same. When Twilight says, "Pinkie Pie?" Pinkie lets go of the balloon (and that wouldn't happen unless she was very, I repeat, VERY surprised), so I'm guessing the Pinkie was surprised at her knowing her name. But when the wikia posts quotes, Pinkie Pie is spelled "Pinkie Pie".

That's another thing, they could have the same names with different spellings! Like:

Pinky Pye

Raynebow Dash

Rarety

Fluttershie

AppelJak

But that's theory. Maybe their names are close to their original names but slightly different. Like:

Twinkie Dye (That's scarily close to Twilight Sparkle in a way, but meh, I don't care)
Gamebow Flash
Flarity

Butterfly (HAHA no, how about Buttershy?)
Snapplepack

^THAT would be funny. I doubt it, though I can imagine Twilight seeing Rainbow Dash and asking "Rainbow Dash?!?!" And she turns around and says, "O.K., actually, my name is 'Gamebow Flash'. You were close!"

Here are the names

Pinkie Pie = Paulina Pettifer (two different individuals)

Rainbow Dash = Roxy Dodgers (different)

Applejack = Amelia Jems (different)

Rarity = Rowellina Beattie (different)

Fluttershy = Faith Summers (different)

Sunset Shimmer = Susan Shelby (same individual, with alias)

unnamed boy = Flash Sentry or Jock Fastflash (presumably only a human, no pony counterpart)