Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Help Me Make A Laptop Decision.

FoxyCryptid

These are my choices so far, and I want input:

Brand : Acer Computer Model : V3-731-4649 SKU :

• Intel Pentium B960 2.2 GHz (2 MB Cache)
  • 4 GB SDRAM
  • 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
  • 17.3-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 8, 4-hour battery life
  • Intel HD Graphics

HP Pavilion g7-2270us

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor

Features a 3MB L3 cache and 2.4GHz processor speed.

6GB DDR3 SDRAM

17.3" LED-backlit high-definition display

750GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

The HP Pavilion hands down. I bought a laptop similar to your model and made by acer, and it has had so many problems that I wiped windows off and replaced with ubuntu so I could even use it. Everything about the HP Pavilion is faster than the acer, and has a LED screen, I say go with that.

Well, what do you plan on doing with the laptop?

Since this has a gaming tag on it, I'm guessing you want it to play games.

If you want my honest recommendation, I'd say go for a desktop when it comes to gaming, especially if you plan on playing newer games.

If you just want something that would be nice for gaming in general, and those are literally the only two laptops up for your choice, the second one is far better than the Acer. I wouldn't even consider it, to be honest.

If the HP comes with Windows 8 as well, I'd recommend trying to wipe it and put a different operating system on there, but that's a discussion for another time, I suppose.

Well, what do you plan on doing with the laptop?

Since this has a gaming tag on it, I'm guessing you want it to play games.

If you want my honest recommendation, I'd say go for a desktop when it comes to gaming, especially if you plan on playing newer games.

If you just want something that would be nice for gaming in general, and those are literally the only two laptops up for your choice, the second one is far better than the Acer. I wouldn't even consider it, to be honest.

If the HP comes with Windows 8 as well, I'd recommend trying to wipe it and put a different operating system on there, but that's a discussion for another time, I suppose.

Really a little of everything, I just didn't know what tag to use XD.

I'd get a desktop, but no one around here carries them anymore(at least not decent ones, just old outdated stock that would've been   low-end even in the PS2/Xbox era), so I have to either rent or get one on store credit card at Radio-Shack so I can make payments. 

Anything but windows eight because it is glitchy slow and it's so confusing to use mine doesn't even open 2 tabs can't connect to Internet and I pt makes the most annoying screeching noises

H.p Pavilion all the way-not only is it a higher quality machine, you have 6gb of ram as opposed to 4gb. As Rainblow Hash said, windows 7 is the way to go rather than 8-might be worth checking ebay to see if any are around.

The ram is an issue, as even the windows 7 os uses over 2gb ram-I would be looking more at 8gb ram and up if i were buying.

Really a little of everything, I just didn't know what tag to use XD.

I'd get a desktop, but no one around here carries them anymore(at least not decent ones, just old outdated stock that would've been   low-end even in the PS2/Xbox era), so I have to either rent or get one on store credit card at Radio-Shack so I can make payments. 

Ah, I see! Well in that case, the HP is definitely what you'd want. It's just better in general and can do more of what you want.

And I understand that, but when it comes to desktops, I'd only get one if you want to build your own. There's no point in blowing money on the ones they sell in stores, they just suck. It's better to have someone build you one to your own specifications or build your own. Sure, it can get pricey, but you get what you pay for, after all.

(edited)

The HP laptop has better specs, something rather important for gaming. It has a better processor and more ram (although I don't consider ram really an issue anymore, ram is pretty cheap these days) which should mean better performance.

The acer has slightly better battery life, but it's quite negligible (15 minutes longer on average), I would go with the HP if I were you.

Edited by Celtore

Intel graphics really suck for gaming. Take a look at this Toshiba laptop here: 

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-C855D-S5135NR-PSCBUU-003007-15-6-Inch/dp/B00B4GGZQ2/ref=sr_1_78?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1366396599&sr=1-78

It has a much better video card and the rest of the specs are good on it too smile.png

Dat Radeon, bro.

I'm with NightOwl on the graphics side, but I still cringe every time I see Windows 8.

I'm not just bashing it without reason either, I've used it and I just don't like it. But if you can deal with it, good on ya, or if you want to install a different OS, I'm with you on that.

Intel graphics really suck for gaming. Take a look at this Toshiba laptop here: 

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-C855D-S5135NR-PSCBUU-003007-15-6-Inch/dp/B00B4GGZQ2/ref=sr_1_78?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1366396599&sr=1-78

It has a much better video card and the rest of the specs are good on it too smile.png

Non of the places I can pick from carry one, or I probably would grab a bigger screen version of that one. It sucks being on such a tight limit of choices XD.

Non of the places I can pick from carry one, or I probably would grab a bigger screen version of that one. It sucks being on such a tight limit of choices XD.

Ah, I see, so you really are limited by choices such as that. I'm guessing you can't just order it from Amazon and get it shipped for whatever reason that you don't need to disclose, so that really does supremely limit your choices. If it really is down to those two that you mentioned, stick with the HP.

Ah, I see, so you really are limited by choices such as that. I'm guessing you can't just order it from Amazon and get it shipped for whatever reason that you don't need to disclose, so that really does supremely limit your choices. If it really is down to those two that you mentioned, stick with the HP.

Whatever I do, I have to make payments(I have the Acer right now, with nine more months of $150 payments left, so I want to trade it in for something better that I can also pay off quicker, which I can at Radio Shack via their credit card.)