Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

My parents know I like My Little Pony, it's just that they don't have an opinion about it. That's how I like it. I even told them that people my age like the show as well. They still don't have much of a reaction.

My parents don't know either. I can Imagine it being fairly awkward trying to explain.. I don't think they would mind.. But they would probably tease me for the next decade of my life (maybe that's a slight exaggeration) xD I'm sure they'll find out sooner or later, but until then I'm happy that they don't know. However... I really want to order some merch :L  

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind! My mom knew that I was a Pegasister WAY before I even told her, actually, I never told her! XD I swear my mom has some super power that she can detect when I like something or not. XD I don't think they'll tease you, my parents don't. ALthough, sometimes my dad likes to shout " My little pony, skinny bony!" for no reason.

Yes, Yes and Yes. My Mother know, my father now  and everyone know. My Mother and my Father actually buys me Merch. I had a Pony Shirt in Christmas gift for example :) So yes, they kind of know ^^

Do my parents know I'm a brony? Well, yes and no.

You see, my mom is currently in jail and doesn't not know I'm a brony.

My grandmother, who I lived with for 7 years, knows I'm a brony, but doesn't know what a brony is.

My grandma's sister, who I live with now with my great-grandma, knows I'm a brony, and wouldn't stop making fun of me for it, until I told her that there was over 2 thousand bronies in the world.

And my dad is dead. Don't even remember him.

(edited)

They do not know, but even if they did they wouldn't mind. The only person I know IRL that knows a brony (as far as I am aware of) is my brother, and he actually kind of is one.

My grandparents (one of which I live with) don't know. Neither does my sister or my dad. My mom? Unfortunately, she died four years ago from a blood clot in her brain. But I have moved on since. But back on topic. Nope, the only person I know IRL that knows I am a brony is my brother.

*Now there's a possibility my dad may know, he's seen me watching it.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

Both of my parents know; I believe I told them almost immediately after becoming a brony. They're pretty laid back when it comes to my interests, so they don't really care.

Outside of them, only a couple of my friends and my grandparents know.

Funny twist, my parents actually DON'T know I'm NOT a brony.

They know I watch (or watched) the show, they know the fandom exists, but they don't know that I no longer consider myself a part of it.

No my parents do not know im a brony because it would be awkward and trying not to offense anyone but my dad would laugh and my mother might ask me if im gay again trying not to offened anyone here but that's all in my head that I think would happened in real life.

Considering I have over a half dozen MLP tee shirts, five large MLP posters hanging on my bedroom walls, and a couple of sculptures/beanie ponies on my desk, it's rather hard for me to hide that fact from my parents.

I never really told them though. I kinda just started getting MLP merchandise and eventually they got the clue.

Kida.They know I draw ponies and watch the show so they don't know i'm a brony. My friends and my siblings know I'm a brony.

But I plan to tell them soon.

Do my parents know? Of course they do, they simply ignore it. My brother sometimes pesters me though, really annoying sometimes. But, I ignore that

Nope, I have two shirts (dr whooves and rainbow dash's cutie mark) and I just say it's from a show I like. When they ask what show, I'll tell them. I see as it being a show, not like it's your girlfriend you're about to marry and they don't know who the girlfriend is.

My parents don't know. Why? My dad would say I'm a big dissapointment, my mom would send me to a therapist. I'm black so it would be even more akward for me since I'm shy as all fuck. Only 2 of my friends know that accept it. Others are just plain dicks about it. So I'm never telling them.

(edited)

My parents know.

As for people who find it awkward I basically did it like, "I like ponies, deal with it". It makes it less awkward. laugh.png

My parents don't mind too much anyway though.

Edited by Norman

I'm a 19 year old, who moved out. So no they don't. But all three of my brothers do, and they have varied opinions on the matter. It's really kinda sad.

Ive told my parents but i don't think they care very much. My triplet brothers know and they annoy the piss out of me. Some of my friends know and either they could care less or they are bronies themselves.

My parents are fully aware that I like MLP:FiM. They don't seem to care all too much. At least I don't think so. They haven't outright said, "Fluttermoon, you cannot like MLP. It's bad for your health." Or anything of that nature.

Heck, I still like Pokemon for goodness sakes. They don't care that I like that as well.

(edited)

My parents,they've seen me wear my MLP shirts, and seen my netbook plastered in MLP stickers, but as far as Bronydom goes, I don't think they know there's thousands of people my age that like the show. My mom said "Isn't that a little out of your age range?"

As for my dad? No idea. he flipped out and made me cry when he foudnout I was gay.....he's not a very open minded person....

sister and brother? yea. Hell my sister's BF Likes the show.

Edited by Flutter Dash

I really have know idea if they know. I don't really try to hide it but, I also don't really bring it up a lot ether. Though, if they did know I don't think that they'ed care much. If anything they'ed probably just assume Its some kind of fad or a faze that Im going trough. laugh.png  

I don't actually care if my parents know if I'm a brony or not. I don't even think they care. I did show them some of my artwork but then again, they just let me go with the flow. My parents let me like any fandom as long as it isn't anything inappropriate.

• Brohoof 1

For my parents know. The reason they knew it was because it had to do with school. I used to be friends with a couple of people and then i said to them i am a brony (i thought them friends wouldn't mind me being who i am) and hey started laughing at me. And i was having any of that. few days into the week and it got worse they spreaded it around my school. I aslo heard one talking to someone about me and then the guy came to me and said you watch My little pony don't you I ignored him then he started to keep bugging me.

(normal when i get really angry i just start shacking like i really do want to do some serious damage). Then obviously i had to go to the teacher who was second in command and i told him all about he. He understood and phoned my mum for the issue also my dad to. Then my dad sorted it all out and now know one starts on me anymore.

This was last year but now i have left school (in england you leave school at 16 or 17 debends.

so that is how my parents know i watch it. 

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

It's one of the funniest conversations you can have if they are semi-understanding about stuff like that.

My family had a good loooooong laugh about it and they still do. They even poke fun at it from time to time.