Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Same as Cloud_Zephyr I have a lot of pony stuff, like wallpapers, figures and a t-shirt w/ RD. But it seems like nobody cares and I don't really see the point in telling them. 

Actually here, in Russia, brony community is still more underground movement then in USA or any other country. So it's really difficult to find another brony if you are living not in Moscow or Spb.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hell no

I don't trust my family enough to actually respect that fact that I watch MLP.

And my friends, ohoho my friends.

No one will never know.

c:

Edited by Madman

It's got to a point they know by all the stuff on my Pc. I recently downloaded rainmeter and put mlp themes on, when I went back to my Pc the icons were gone and a note saying "I see what you did there" I was like "Oh Celestia!"

And once I was on the forum my parents come over and say "What are you hiding?" With a big grin!

(edited)

As a pegasister I have drawn my favourite MLP:FIM characters/ponies and have bought a few merchandise using my own allowance. I don't really think my mother approves of being a 'fan'. Its rather surprising though as I expected more of dad to be unsatisfied with my likings. I really find it hard to cooperate with her whenever I go out to buy something pony related.

Edited by ~Carousel Boutique~

My parents know. My mom and I are making costumes to go to BronyCAN. My mom doesnt really know much about the show but she knows I like it and thats all that matters to her. I think my friends know or if they dont know they probably have guessed because when Im at school I usually become a person that will talk about rainbows and how beautiful everything is. Im not exactly sure why I do that but..

Oh and I bought some blind bags recently and posted it on instagram and my parents have seen the figurines so yes they definetly know and my grandma as well.

(edited)

Yeah, my parents know I'm a pegasister. They found out when they took me to see Equestria Girls. They fell asleep during the "Helping Twilight Win The Crown" song.  :lol:

Edited by Minty Wintergreen
  • Brohoof 2

I guess it's easier for me, I'm a girl and I have always had a huge love for animations, especially cartoons, but I still wasn't sure about telling my parents about bronies.

But a couple months ago, I was at an anime con and bought some pony art and photographed some pony cosplayers. My mum asked me what I bought when I got home and I just thought "Y'know what? I'll just tell her" I did, and she was just like "OK" I showed her the pictures "Aw, they're cute. You should frame them." Wasn't expecting that 0.0

So yeah, they both know now. And they're not particularly bothered. My dad found it cool when I told him about Dr Whooves.

Its sort of a yes and a no here.

My parents know I like My Little Pony things, but they think its normal because I'm a fairly young girl, they don't actually know that I am apart of a huge fandom that has cons and whole websites dedicated to it and stuff. All they think is that I'm clinging onto my childhood, 'tis all  ^_^

Nope, mine don't know right now. They are completely oblivious to it. The only people who know are my Brother and a couple of friends. I wish I could be more open about it, but I think my shy personality restricts that...

My room has pony stuff all over my room and desktop. Artwork, posters, huge wallpapers, a shirt. They kinda have to know unless they keep their eyes closed every time they're in my room. They didn't talk about it though, they seem kinda reluctant for some reason.

(edited)

my mom stepdad step brother and aunt know i am but i only get the most grief from my aunt she always brings it up in public but it doesnt bother me that much

Edited by MLPRainbowDash

Yes my parents know because this is a TV show... They also don't care that I watch MLP because it is a TV show. This is not a way of life, you're not born like this. I was in H&M today with my mom and I saw a Rainbow Dash tutu for my niece which I said is really cool and my mom agreed with me, she didn't insult me or make a scene out of me liking MLP because it is ONLY A TV SHOW.

My mom does and she even watches the show. I dunno if my dad does. I barely know him and though I have him on Facebook I have no idea if he pays attention to half the things I say on there anyway. :lol:

I don't hide the fact that I'm a brony. My last boss knew too, didn't really affect my employment at all. Pretty much proves what I always say to others who are fearful about telling others they are a brony: If you don't make a big deal out of it, neither will anyone else.

• Brohoof 2

I literally just told my Mum I'm a brony, she just said "Thank god I thought it was something bad"  :yay: .

She really didn't give a buck.

Now I'm going to start bankrupting her asking for Pony Merchandise

• Brohoof 2

I've mentioned My Little Pony to my family before, but my parents think I'm just messing around and making jokes about things they think are babyish and stupid. My sister, as much as I dislike her, actually knows I'm a big fan of MLP and takes me seriously (at least with MLP).

However, I know that she's still a hater, because once I quoted Discord, and she thought the quote was so hilarious that she had to write it down and use it in a story. Then I told her that it was an MLP quote, and she went all quiet and left the room.

"Do my parents know that I'm a brony?"

"Yes, I have pony posters, calenders, shirts and wallpapers at both of my houses. My mum also chooses to buy me pony things a lot"

My dad walked in while I was watching an episode (I had no plan of keeping it secret, I was just to lazy to explain it at the time.). He asked what I was watching and I looked him in the eye and said "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I love this show." After a tedious week worth of explaining he understood, but chose to call me things like "gay" every once and a while. My mum, step-dad and old friend all found out from my screensaver. I also explained it to her, but she said it was just a very short lived phase and I'd drop it in a week (It's been a year now.) My mum buys me pony merchandise, but still jokingly calls me gay sometimes. My step-dad does the same, and me and my friend drifted apart.

Yes, yes they know. They are fine with it.. for the most part. 

My Mom's Reaction: Oh, ok, you can like whatever you want, sweetie. 

My Dad's Reaction: Oh, whatever, you will grow out of it. 

No I won't, Dad, no I won't.  :ph34r:

Do my parents know? Of course. They don't care though because it's not a bad thing.

My mom is a bit of a supporter, she likes the fact i'm involved in a fandom that is as positive as it can get.

It's also just a fandom that I find amazing and the most best, most awesomest thing on the planet in existence.

But for the haters, haters gonna hate.

My dad? Yeah sorta, I guess. My stepdad though he knows. My bio father doesn't exactly understand it. I never had to explain it to him because he doesn't care which to me is a good thing cause as @British Brony said, I wouldn't want to be in a awkward position to where I have to explain it to where they can feathering understand it.

I have pony merch like shirts, I have a collectable fluttershy :wub: and some other stuff. One very useful thing I bought was a Rainbow Dash wallet. Better than my old one cause it's 20% cooler! :P

(edited)

My friends know my brothers and sisters know but not my mom and dad the truth is my mom think brony are cute actually I should tell her

Edited by spikepie