Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Mine haven't a clue. Or atleast I think. Anyway, they have never mentioned it. The only way they could know is if they have went though my history, or can somehow (without any knowledge of the show) link the Living Tombstone song "Discord" to being a fan. As I play it alot. Only person in my family that might have a hunch on it is my sister as I became a brony by watching the show with her. I also drew her a picture of Celestia. But even if they knew, they would probably be cool with it. Im just in no rush to tell them

My parents know that I'm a brony and they are completely okay with it. My mom likes to joke around with me every now and then about it, but her jokes are all in good fun. Same with my dad. They tell me I am allowed to like what I want and they don't think any different of me because of it. :)

Well, my mom and grandma knows, not sure about my dad although I did leave strong hints of it on various FB updates that he should be able to see but never actually mentioned anything about it. He'll prolly do something drastic if he knew xD

(edited)

Do my parents know that I'm a brony? I might answer that question with a Yes and a no. Yes because last Christmas, actually that was a day before Christmas, me, my elder brother and my mother went to the mall. I then decided to ask my mom that we go to a toy store because I was going to buy a toy. (I didn't tell what I was going to buy.) When I went to get an MLP toy figure (They were the Crystal Empire pack ones) that's when my mom knew I liked these ponies. (FYI my elder brother already knew about it before my mom) My mom talked about the toy I bought to my dad and they didn't seem to think I was gay or anything, so yeah.

I also answered No, because unfortunately, neither my mom nor my dad knows the term 'Brony' and have no knowledge about the show either. My bro does, though, since we sleep in the same room.

Edited by LunATiC_98

my parents know, ill actively  ask them for advise on how to fix vectors of mlp and stuff but they don't give a shit about the show my dad still watches Ben 10 and stuff so would be a hypocritical of him to judge and scrutinize ( he hates being hypocritical) 

Yeah my old man knows.. told him when I moved out... not cause I think he would get all mad or anything just said ah what the heck tell him. So as I walked out the door, I looked at my old man and said "Hey dad! I love My little pony! friendship is magic!" He said "Ah as long as you are happy, then I'm happy." :D

My parents have not got a single clue about me being a brony. How would you even start that conversation, even if I told them, my parents are very jugmental, and I am worried about how they will take it. What they don't know, don't hurt them.

It's difficult. I do have Pony Shirts. My parents have seen them. They were like "that's nothing for a grown-up", but they actually say that about any cartoon so that doesn't really mean anything.

I'm pretty sure my parents have no idea about bronies or the show. And even though I don't think that they would think any less of me (aside from the point, that they look down on cartoons and think that animated stuff is only for kids). I don't really have a reason to tell them. Just like they mostly have no idea what games I play, even though they can see it on my screen.

My friends know, that's important to me. It would only cause me headaches if I told my parents, so I'll just keep up the status quo there on that front and let them keep wondering, why I wear such strange shirts, until they decide to ask me.

My parents have not got a single clue about me being a brony. How would you even start that conversation, even if I told them, my parents are very jugmental, and I am worried about how they will take it. What they don't know, don't hurt them.

Well, i let my entire family find out themselves. I just started leaving my pony stuff out in the open and not hiding it. When they finally noticed. I just told them what a brony was, showed them some statistics, showed them some videos, and some fan made music. And other then the lighthearted comment every one ina while, the dont mention it. 

It was worth it because, i can be more open about it and ask for stuff i couldnt if they didnt know

Yes they know, and hardly care. Sometimes they like to talk about it with random people, which can sometimes be a little aqward... yay.png

But you know, I don't really care all that much anyway what people think...

• Brohoof 1

They don't know, but I don't exactly hide. I kind of wish they'd find out but I really don't want to just randomly bring it up. The only person I'm worried about knowing is my twin brother, because he bullies me all the time for liking FAR more ordinary things like LOTR and Star Trek. I hate to imagine what he'd have to say about MLP.

Do my parents know im a Brony? Nope. I occasionally use a pony wallpaper on my iPod and they never said a thing.  However i do own a shirt with Derpy on it.  My mom asked if it was from Garry's Mod i said yes. she then noticed the tag saying my little pony but didn't say much else.  All in all i don't think they know a thing about Bronies if they ask anything i will try to explain.img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

As a matter of fact, they do. They disapprove extremely. My stepdad AND my real dad both think I'm homosexual for watching the show and owning merch. I just let them think that. They have no idea why I watch the show.

I told them after a couple of days of watching the show. "Yup, I'm a pegasister. Love the show My Little Pony Friendship is Magic!" A few days later, I told them I felt 'brony' was a more widely recognized term and decided to see what kind of pony stuff was on dA. I still occasionally get some pony stuff for birthdays, etc. 

Do they know? Yes. Do they give two flying pegasi about it? No, not really. Basically, I told them, and that was that. Yeah, I really wish it was something more exciting than that. Like, I tell them, then they decide to overthrow the US government in retaliation and create a new world order, mostly controlled by cash registers.

Instead, it is just 'meh'.

My parents know, infact my mom trys to buy me te shirts off of ebay (but fails since I'm a girls size). But when I watch I do it in private. Besides this one time I asked my mom if she can take me and my friends to see Equestria Girls, which was very awkward.

I explained bronies to my mom, and I wear pony stuff all the time, so I'm sure she knows. She said she understood why people would like it, thus I doubt she would care if I just said it outright.

My mother knows, teases me about on occasion, but she doesn't really care.

My father has no idea, and I've considered getting him to watch an episode (Return of Harmony, it's a well rounded two-parter and features John DeLancie of Star Trek fame) but I doubt he'd care.

Yeah, actually. Most things I own are pretty much covered in pony, so they see it a lot. My mom is just generally confused all the whole thing, but gets I like it.

My dad actually thinks the show's pretty cool actually, and after showing him PMV's, anytime he's with a friend and sees me on the computer he's like: "Hey, name a song!" and he gets me to pull up a video with the song. So... Yes! They do know!wink.png

Well, I've bought a bunch of pony stuff lately, (Fluttershy and Rarity plushies yay.png plus some figurines) and I've watched the show a couple times when it was on TV, so I think they know that I like the show, but they do not know what bronies are. Let's put it this way. They know I like the show, but they don't know there's millions of other people who like it along with me. happy.png But they didn't say, "Why the heck do you want this stuff?", although they did look at me funny. I was actually kinda amused at that.tongue.png

After telling them that I'm a brony, they don't seem to mind whenever I watch MLP. It's not my very first time I watch shows that are targeted for females anyway, as I used to watch PPGs when I was younger and I was so focused on the action, I didn't cared if the three main characters are females. :P