Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Rock songs with deep meanings?

Midnight Dragon

Well I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows this song. I would say it has a pretty deep meaning. I mean it's widely considered to be one of the greatest rock songs of all time pretty much.

• Brohoof 2

This song by U2 has a nice meaning by telling you to get yourself together after getting stuck in a sticky situation one of my favorites by them. 

• Brohoof 2

Dude Green Day is lame, you should listen to Black Flag.

You would say that....laugh.png  I'm not a huge Greenday fan, but that particular song has a lot more meaning to  me. Well anyway now for my opinion of your songs.yay.png  I can honestly say I almost broke out laughing listening to the first one. I just couldn't take it seriously. Plus I felt like I was being stared down by what appears to be Hitler on the cover while I listened. Second one was nice though, liked it.

Dude, seriously, why do you have to reply to every single thing you don't like just to call it lame or say it sucks or something? If you don't like it, then don't even say anything about it, or just simply say you don't like it and recommend something else. Like I'm really not understanding why you feel the need to do that, it's kind of rude. Let people post what they want without you insulting it, it's not that hard. 

I appreciate being defended, but it is quite alright. We're kind of "friends" so it's fine, whatever. That was just his way of giving a recommendation. Basically I could give 0 shits, his opinion. yay.png

Okay now that all this drama is sorted out, back to deep music.

Well I figured someone should mention the Goo Goo Dolls in all their deepness.

Black Balloon

Also I'm Still Here by John Rzeznik, solo work that he did apart form the Dolls.

(edited)

I appreciate being defended, but it is quite alright. We're kind of "friends" so it's fine, whatever. That was just his way of giving a recommendation. Basically I could give 0 shits, his opinion. yay.png

Nah but he does that to everyone on every music thread on the entire forums. It's kind of annoying. Having an opinion is fine, but being rude about it isn't okay.

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

I have a problem with this thread though and it's that electronic music is being overlooked. You don't need to words to create a deep meaning. If a song have a deep meaning, that means that they are full of emotions and that's something electronic music definitely can do

This one makes me feel

I have a problem with this thread though and it's that electronic music is being overlooked. 

Electronic music isn't rock music you big dummy omg u noob go learn music

Haha, no but seriously, the thread title says "rock songs with deep meanings"

• Brohoof 1

Electronic music isn't rock music you big dummy omg u noob go learn music

Haha, no but seriously, the thread title says "rock songs with deep meanings"

Why can't it be called "Songs with deep meanings"? If you are after songs with depth, you might as well look at places you haven't ventured to before. Not only does that expand your horizons, it also helps you appreciate different types of music

Why can't it be called "Songs with deep meanings"? 

How the hell would I know, it's not my thread dude lol

Maybe you should bring it up with the maker of this thread. I think it might be good to expand the horizons of the thread as well.

(edited)

I came in here to post a song that I guess you could classify as "rock" and had a deeper meaning, but after reading through this thread, I can see it's pointless. This has just turned into a "Take whatever song you're listening to ATM (regardless of genre) and push it on the OP".

So now I'm just gonna post one of my favorite anime OPs because why not?

http://youtu.be/RYnyYRECETo

Edited by stryker
  • Brohoof 1

Nah but he does that to everyone on every music thread on the entire forums. It's kind of annoying. Having an opinion is fine, but being rude about it isn't okay.

Putting down other people's interests isn't good, yeah. We're also MLP Forums, so I feel like it's especially bad to do so here. We're supposed to love and tolerate, after all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
We're supposed to love and tolerate, after all.

huh.png  pshh.. don't make me laugh that has gone down the drain a long time ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sz5x9mXGRyU

This song is all about if you find yourself in a rut in life to just keep on pushing and fighting with all you got and to push yourself to get back into the game of life. 

It's a dog eat dog world out there and you have to fend for yourself.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

I came in here to post a song that I guess you could classify as "rock" and had a deeper meaning, but after reading through this thread, I can see it's pointless. This has just turned into a "Take whatever song you're listening to ATM (regardless of genre) and push it on the OP".

So now I'm just gonna post one of my favorite anime OPs because why not?

http://youtu.be/RYnyYRECETo

YES! Unless people have an appropriate song to post here, they should just post in the What are you listening to right now? thread.

huh.png  pshh.. don't make me laugh that has gone down the drain a long time ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sz5x9mXGRyU

This song is all about if you find yourself in a rut in life to just keep on pushing and fighting with all you got and to push yourself to get back into the game of life. 

It's a dog eat dog world out there and you have to fend for yourself.

yeah.. what happened sad.png

It's totally fine to not adhere to the love and tolerate rule if one's a brony, but I feel like they should at least be respectful of other people's interests. That's not so hard, is it?

• Brohoof 3

At first, I wanted to say "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind, it's a deceptively upbeat sounding pop-rock song (at least I think it is, I'm TERRIBLE with music genres XD) about a man lamenting over a relationship he lost due to his and his girlfriend's addiction to drugs, but, well, it's lyrics are pretty much anything but clean. Shame, because it really is a great song, but I think it's safe to say it isn't what you're looking for.

So instead I'll go on a slightly different angle from most of the suggestions that have been made so far:

Technically an EP rather than just one song, but the "deeper meaning" comes from the fact that the EP is really a rock opera and songs actually tell an overarching story about a man who builds a time machine with the intention of going back in time and saving his wife from dying in a car crash. There isn't so much a "deep meaning" in that the songs contain a message, it's just that, aside from being an epic love story/time travel adventure the story is very moving - I don't want to spoil anything, but the story even has the time traveler wind up in the middle of the end of the world (a pretty literal interpretation of the apocalypse as told in Scripture), so there's a lot of religious imagery in some of the songs.

Some of the songs are better than others (the band tends to mash a ton of genres into each song - one of them mixes metal and western, for pete's sake XD) but really, I implore you to listen to the whole thing before making a judgement; it's the story, for me at least, that makes this EP stand out for me - that and "Save Our City", which is just pure awesomeness in song form.

(edited)

What the frac you talking about, I know all of the songs I've supplied haven't been spur of the moment.  I thought about every single post I've made, every song I have posted has been deep. I didn't just listen to any of them and decided I should post them. That coupled along with Dawn's and Airbourne's posts and we make up most of the thread and everything we have posted is deep. Sorry to seem on the attack but I'm just trying to straighten this out. Also Rock music is a very general term that encompasses a lot of sub genres like metal, alternative, progressive, etc...... The only questionable post in terms of genre I've made is Radical Face, which I think might be indie rock, alternative, or something else entirely, but I'm not quite sure. They are pretty unknown and there is not a lot to go off of on their wiki page. 

Here is some more Pink Floyd to think about.

Mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p0HrrR9QDQU

Goodbye Blue Sky

Dammit can't post Waiting for the Worms

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Hello!

A lot of old Rock songs have deep meanings... Of course, not all of them, but trust me, there's a great variety to go through :P.

A great example would be "Pink Floyd". They've even released a few movies, that go along side their songs, which show incredible purpose and meaning. "The wall" for example...

Lots of Ozzy Osbourne songs are heavily influenced by life, society, drug abuse, alcohol. One of my favourite songs would have to be "Believer", as it tells the person one of my favourite moto's... "You've got to believe in yourself, cause no one will believe in you."

Overall, Rock songs are full of meaning, but we should not forget the happy ones aswell... :)

• Brohoof 2

Goodbye Blue Sky

Oh this song is amazing :3 well all Floyds songs are masterpieces. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKqWgBG9u8&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bzxHE6X0k&feature=player_detailpage

Here is some Iron Maiden for your ears. Mostly any of their songs have a special meaning to them whether it be about past events or certain topics.

• Brohoof 1

I still stand by Mudvayne's "Not Falling" as a rock song with deep meaning but it might be too hard for some to be considered rock so instead i give you "Civil War" by Guns N Roses

• Brohoof 2

What the frac you talking about, I know all of the songs I've supplied haven't been spur of the moment.  I thought about every single post I've made, every song I have posted has been deep. I didn't just listen to any of them and decided I should post them. That coupled along with Dawn's and Airbourne's posts and we make up most of the thread and everything we have posted is deep. Sorry to seem on the attack but I'm just trying to straighten this out. Also Rock music is a very general term that encompasses a lot of sub genres like metal, alternative, progressive, etc...... The only questionable post in terms of genre I've made is Radical Face, which I think might be indie rock, alternative, or something else entirely, but I'm not quite sure. They are pretty unknown and there is not a lot to go off of on their wiki page. 

Here is some more Pink Floyd to think about.

Mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p0HrrR9QDQU

Goodbye Blue Sky

Dammit can't post Waiting for the Worms

I was waiting for someone to post Goodbye Blue Sky, that one always gets me

. I'm suprised noone has posted Nightwish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj5X6om515Y

Or Within Temptation (at least I don't think anyone has)

• Brohoof 1

I'll post one of the deepest songs I have heard: Converge - Aimless Arrow. It's about how we are all arrows without a target, sacrificing others to prolong our worthless lives without knowing what to do with it. All because we either fear death, or we are desperately trying to achieve what we think is right

Man, this stupid song is making me soft hearted D:<

Dude, seriously, why do you have to reply to every single thing you don't like just to call it lame or say it sucks or something? If you don't like it, then don't even say anything about it, or just simply say you don't like it and recommend something else. Like I'm really not understanding why you feel the need to do that, it's kind of rude. Let people post what they want without you insulting it, it's not that hard.

And I can't even count how many times you've lashed out at Dawn in multiple threads. I can phrase what you say to "If you have a problem with what someone does for shits and giggles then don't state so 100 times, and learn to chill". It's just his way of expressing opinion, don't take it seriously bro.

img-1523434-1-huh.png  pshh.. don't make me laugh that has gone down the drain a long time ago...

At least I'm not the only person who really gets this.

I'll post one of the deepest songs I have heard: Converge - Aimless Arrow. It's about how we are all arrows without a target, sacrificing others to prolong our worthless lives without knowing what to do with it. All because we either fear death, or we are desperately trying to achieve what we think is right

Yeah man, Converge have some real deep stuff, did you read the meaning behind their album name "No Heroes" that was pretty deep too.

And I can't even count how many times you've lashed out at Dawn in multiple threads. I can phrase what you say to "If you have a problem with what someone does for shits and giggles then don't state so 100 times, and learn to chill". It's just his way of expressing opinion, don't take it seriously bro.

At least I'm not the only person who really gets this.

Yeah man, Converge have some real deep stuff, did you read the meaning behind their album name "No Heroes" that was pretty deep too.

It's because Mr.Sensatives over here has a bad case of butthurtitus. He'll lash out at me for posts that weren't even directed at him. In fact he'll lash out anyone who doesn't like Avenged Sevenfold.

tumblr_mf3eb8zUdX1rlhgcuo1_400.jpg

Do you really think someone would do that?

Just go on the internet and rustle jimmies?

On topic: this song makes me feel a bit. Maybe it will do the same for you

http://youtu.be/wsOgFgc5f5w

It's because Mr.Sensatives over here has a bad case of butthurtitus. He'll lash out at me for posts that weren't even directed at him. In fact he'll lash out anyone who doesn't like Avenged Sevenfold.

You really don't listen to anything I say to you, do you? I don't give a fuck if people don't like a band I like, but there are much less rude ways of stating an opinion then going around saying they suck 5 million times. Just say you don't like them, you don't have to be rude about it. 

(edited)
Do you really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and rustle jimmies?

That's not even the worst thing I've been told on this thread, the OP lashed at me and called my posts "offensive" and "hateful". All I did was say "People who let their religion get in the way of the music they listen to, are limmiting themselves". That's all I said, and then the OP accuses me of being "disrespectful". 

You really don't listen to anything I say to you, do you? I don't give a fuck if people don't like a band I like, but there are much less rude ways of stating an opinion then going around saying they suck 5 million times. Just say you don't like them, you don't have to be rude about it. 

Like Moog said, that's just me nugging you a bit.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee