Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

how can your list not included how over rated and boring World of Warcraft is ohmy.png

angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png

blush.png oh talking about that one is taboo. oops my bad derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This thread has just turned into full on shitstorm, congratulations for fucking before the 10th post has even come.

What the fuck ever happened to the opinions? Not the "My opinion is fact, but you don't have an opinion, so I am always right", but more of the expect the shitstorm, nobody's gonna like what you like.

Pokemon is stupid, deal with it, that is an opinion, FPS games are stupid, but there are good ones out there, Call of Duty, hating or loving it, popular but being neutral to it is unpopular, because you aren't jumping on either bandwagon.

If you got a problem, then sorry, somebody actually disagrees with you.

Edited by Another Creative Username
  • Brohoof 1

Kingdom hearts really is that stupid!, so is every single final fantasy, and i've come to hate portal, seems as though now all someone has  to say is "the cake is a lie" and their all the sudden a gamer...

• Brohoof 2

Kingdom hearts really is that stupid!, so is every single final fantasy, and i've come to hate portal, seems as though now all someone has  to say is "the cake is a lie" and their all the sudden a gamer...

Portal is a bit fun, but it's overrated, and to be honest, a bit boring. 

I really hate it when people keep saying oh the cake is a lie! XD

how can your list not included how over rated and boring World of Warcraft is img-1530548-1-ohmy.png

img-1530548-2-angry.png img-1530548-3-angry.png img-1530548-4-angry.png img-1530548-5-angry.png img-1530548-6-angry.png img-1530548-7-angry.png

img-1530548-8-blush.png oh talking about that one is taboo. oops my bad img-1530548-9-derpy_emoticon2.png

I agree about WoW, and being a PC gamer, people have made all sorts of assumptions that I play WoW. 

I've played World of Warcraft recently, but I've only reached level seventeen.

The grind is pretty boring at times, but I enjoy interacting with people and talking.

So perhaps World of Warcraft is a really a glorified chat engine with a game laid over top of it.

Huh.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think my only unpopular gaming opinion is that I think the FPS genre is boring and overdone.

OH! and I just remembered something else; I actually liked the Nokia N-Gage when it was released (and still now in a nostalgic way). It was really quite impressive to me for a portable device in its time, plus it was a phone as well. If I went back in time with my galaxy nexus or any current generation handheld, younger me's mind would be blown.

Edited by Celtore

So perhaps World of Warcraft is a really a glorified chat engine with a game laid over top of it.

That's how I felt about the game Runescape back when I played it. I eventually got bored of the game, so I just went on there to chat with friends and stuff.

That's how I felt about the game Runescape back when I played it. I eventually got bored of the game, so I just went on there to chat with friends and stuff.

Yeah, Runescape kind of felt that way too. I actually had more fun talking to folks and interacting with other players than doing the quests, mining, or doing anything else in that game.

Simple enough:   Legend of Zelda is overrated.   Pokemon is boring.   Half-Life is stupid.   Left 4 Dead is Boring.   I hate it when Valve gets the free pass whenever a game comes out and "le reddit gamer army" attacks you for not liking valve games.   EA has good games, just not many.   Nintendo is overrated.   Kingdom Hearts is stupid.

Yes

Yes

Gameplay yes, story no

Yes unless playing with friends

Agreed

So does every other publisher

Yes 

Yes

Dead Space 3 was the best game this year

GTA fracing sucks balls

Bioshock 1 and 2 sucked, no opinion on Infinite

Borderlands is only sort of fun, usually boring

Halo 4 was the best installment in the series, with maybe Reach as an exception

The Walking Dead Tell Tale wasn't that great and shouldn't have gotten Game of the Year, think it did anyway

The Xbox One looks like it's going to be good

• Brohoof 1

Yes

Yes

Gameplay yes, story no

Yes unless playing with friends

Agreed

So does every other publisher

Yes 

Yes

Dead Space 3 was the best game this year

GTA fracing sucks balls

Bioshock 1 and 2 sucked, no opinion on Infinite

Borderlands is only sort of fun, usually boring

Halo 4 was the best installment in the series, with maybe Reach as an exception

The Walking Dead Tell Tale wasn't that great and shouldn't have gotten Game of the Year, think it did anyway

The Xbox One looks like it's going to be good

This is an actual unpopular opinion, not be a crybaby because I don't like the games you like, bravo.

More mine:

I don't care about Borderlands or Bioshock

FPS games are overdone and overrated, but hating is very popular.

I'm neutral towards Call of Duty. I never cared for it.

TF2 is overrated, but fun still.

Minecraft is fun, more of a local unpopular opinion since many users here find it boring. :/

The source engine is shit, full of errors, constantly crashes, and just doesn't look that good.

• Brohoof 2

Nathan Drake is not a mass murderer.

Fifa players who use David Luiz are better than those who use Mertesacker.

Wheatley deserved to get killed.

Final Fantasy XV is the best in the series.

The mainline Shin Megami Tensei games far surpass the Persona spin-off series in terms of enjoyment to me.

This

Halo is better than COD

"Arrow to the knee" and "the cake is a lie" both where never funny and proves that the Internet will laugh at anything

Skyward Sword is better than Ocarina of Time

Valve is overrated and every game they release is overrated

Rare was overrated in the 90's

Persona 4's characters are annoying and should have never been made

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Quick reminder:

Yes, opinions are opinions, but if you say somebody's favorite game sucks, you can't expect them not to defend it.

Anyway:

Final Fantasy is overrated

Zelda is very overrated

Mario is very overrated

Morrowind was Bethesda's last good game (well, New Vegas was okay)

Bioshock is good, but System Shock is better

StarCraft: Brood War is still the best strategy game ever made, and I am very skeptical that it will ever be topped

PC has always been and is currently the best non-portable gaming platform, and nothing I've seen or heard leads me to believe that this is ever likely to change

Due to exclusives, hardware, and backward compatibility, the PS2 is one of, if not the best console ever made (it's at least top 3)

Probably have some more.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Bioshock is good, but System Shock is better

StarCraft: Brood War is still the best strategy game ever made, and I am very skeptical that it will ever be topped

PC has always been and is currently the best non-portable gaming platform, and nothing I've seen or heard leads me to believe that this is ever likely to change

Due to exclusives, hardware, and backward compatibility, the PS2 is one of, if not the best console ever made (it's at least top 3)

I'm not really with you on the first few, although it's probably because I barely play Final Fantasy, Mario, or Zelda, but these are just about spot on. System Shock is freaking epic, Brood War is my favorite RTS ever and I am pretty good with Zerg, and of course PC is always the best, period.

On another note, I loved Advance Wars: Days of Ruin more than the rest of the Advance War games, and I love Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones more than the others. Well, not more than Awakening, I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard it's freaking awesome.

I don't care about Borderlands or Bioshock   FPS games are overdone and overrated, but hating is very popular.   I'm neutral towards Call of Duty. I never cared for it.   TF2 is overrated, but fun still.   Minecraft is fun, more of a local unpopular opinion since many users here find it boring. :/   The source engine is shit, full of errors, constantly crashes, and just doesn't look that good.

Yep, sometimes care for Borderlands, but only with friends, otherwise boring as hell

Agreed TPS are superior

It has its moments, gets boring real quick though

Yes, love screwing around

Yes building things in survival is awesome

Yep, pretty bland

Okay more opinions

Battlefield>CoD

Dead Island is overrated crap

LA Noire was fun and engaging

Halo CE is boring 

Halo is better than COD   "Arrow to the knee" and "the cake is a lie" both where never funny and proves that the Internet will laugh at anything  

Yes

Agreed, didn't know about Arrow to the knee until a friend told me about it, Cake is a Lie was sort of funny but has been way overused

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really with you on the first few, although it's probably because I barely play Final Fantasy, Mario, or Zelda, but these are just about spot on. System Shock is freaking epic, Brood War is my favorite RTS ever and I am pretty good with Zerg, and of course PC is always the best, period.

On another note, I loved Advance Wars: Days of Ruin more than the rest of the Advance War games, and I love Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones more than the others. Well, not more than Awakening, I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard it's freaking awesome.

Ooh, I have Days of Ruin, but haven't played it yet. Definitely looking forward to it now.

And yes, Awakening is fan-fucking-tastic. And I can say that without even having beat it yet. I had to start over because I was feeling badass and started the game on Hard after not having played any FE for about a year and a half. That didn't go too well...

As for Sacred Stones, it was great, but I still prefer FE7. Story was just so much better.

• Brohoof 2

2D Mario is awful compared to 2D Mario

Metroid Prime 2/3 > 1

The Wii has a good library(albeit a bit niche when it comes to the better games)

RTS games/MOBAs are unappealing, turn based strategy is better

Resident Evil 4 will never be topped by other TPS games

I'm not really with you on the first few, although it's probably because I barely play Final Fantasy, Mario, or Zelda, but these are just about spot on. System Shock is freaking epic, Brood War is my favorite RTS ever and I am pretty good with Zerg, and of course PC is always the best, period. On another note, I loved Advance Wars: Days of Ruin more than the rest of the Advance War games, and I love Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones more than the others. Well, not more than Awakening, I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard it's freaking awesome.

Play Awakening nao, best in the series and has much better characters than Sacred Stones.

Ooh, I have Days of Ruin, but haven't played it yet. Definitely looking forward to it now.And yes, Awakening is fan-fucking-tastic. And I can say that without even having beat it yet. I had to start over because I was feeling badass and started the game on Hard after not having played any FE for about a year and a half. That didn't go too well...As for Sacred Stones, it was great, but I still prefer FE7. Story was just so much better.

Haven't played FE7, don't think I would like the step back in mechanics compared to Awakening though. Didn't like Sacred Stones though, introduced a lot of Awakening's best stuff but I just didn't like the characters much. I'd say FE 10/9 would be the second/third best in the series for me though respectively.

Opinions are opinions, but I can't help but sit here and wonder "Well then what the hell do you actually play then"? to some of these.

Skyrim sucks

Borderlands sucks

Bioshock is overrated

TF2 is overrated

Minecraft sucks

GTA is overrated and sucks

CoD4 and Halo 3 are two of the best 7th gen FPS games ever

PC gaming is overrated (ALL HANDS ON DECK)

Let the rustling commence.

• Brohoof 1

Skyrim sucks Borderlands sucks Bioshock is overrated TF2 is overrated Minecraft sucks GTA is overrated and sucks CoD4 and Halo 3 are two of the best 7th gen FPS games ever PC gaming is overrated (ALL HANDS ON DECK)

Nope, oh well

Kind of

Yep

Yep

Sometimes

Yep

Yep

Yep

Well that wasn't too bad

Okay lets see

Oblivion sucked so much, I hated that games guts, Skyrim was pretty good

Modern Warfare 2 was the best CoD

I thought Ghost was stupid, Roaches death meant so much more to me

Resident Evil 5 was the best Resident Evil

Super Smash Bros Brawl was better than Melee

Final Fantasy sucks, so does Kingdom Hearts

Merged with the existing Controversial Video Game Opinions thread, since it's basically the same thread, just not modeled after the "Unpopular Opinions" thread from General.

(edited)

I believe Nintendo should leave the market and sell their licenses already. They aren't really doing that much good to the industry from what I've seen. Granted, they aren't doing much damage either, but if they were to remove the mediocre systems they keep chucking out, the good systems will receive more money and can focus a little bit less on competition, and more on improving 3rd party support and their licensing deals. C'mon, we all know the Wii was absolute garbage. Very few good games were on it (the few that were good were very good though), yet it was an absolute success, selling tons and tons more than the other two, you know who.

I would love to have a console Pokemon game with a traditional controller and that's more competitive (yet not no BRO DO YOU EVEN EV) with the amazing graphics that the Xbox and Playstation can provide. However, I have not played nor even seen the WiiU yet, so my opinion may be considered bias. Maybe this isn't an unpopular opinion, but doesn't Nintendo seem like that one uncle that used to bring you cool gifts for your birthday but then got locked up, and when he got out everything just hasn't been the same? 

Yeah, Tales of Symphonia and Phantasy Star Online:Episodes 1 and 2 were totally the best GC games.

Xbox technically has no exclusive titles. Anything that can be played on Xbox can be played on PC with "free" online services, and almost always at a lower price with higher customization.

I think rapid-controllers are fair and I hate fps games that punish them. It demonstrates the economy at it's best, the people with the most money will succeed competitively more often then not. Not to mention, you have to deal with recoil, which is surprisingly high when you're firing a gun meant for 400rpm at almost 1200rpm, lol. Who knew?

tl;dr, Wii sucks, I dont know shit about WiiU, Tales and PSO were best GC games, Xbox is so Tier 2, and rapid-fire is 1337. 

Edited by Sovereign

(edited)

This thread has just turned into full on shitstorm, congratulations for fucking before the 10th post has even come.

What the fuck ever happened to the opinions? Not the "My opinion is fact, but you don't have an opinion, so I am always right", but more of the expect the shitstorm, nobody's gonna like what you like.

Pokemon is stupid, deal with it, that is an opinion, FPS games are stupid, but there are good ones out there, Call of Duty, hating or loving it, popular but being neutral to it is unpopular, because you aren't jumping on either bandwagon.

If you got a problem, then sorry, somebody actually disagrees with you.

SHHHH.... I never said your opinion is wrong, I just said I don't agree with it. (In such I way I had to say: Oh hell no.) So, if KH and Pokemon are stupid for you, Okay, whatever.

Edited by tehepicpony

Generation 1 of Pokemon is my least favorite generation (I still love it, I just don't love the glaring flaws, such as Psychic only being weak to Bugs, no good Bug, Dragon, Poison, or Ghost moves, etc) and generation 5 is my favorite.

I believe Nintendo should leave the market and sell their licenses already. They aren't really doing that much good to the industry from what I've seen. Granted, they aren't doing much damage either, but if they were to remove the mediocre systems they keep chucking out, the good systems will receive more money and can focus a little bit less on competition, and more on improving 3rd party support and their licensing deals. C'mon, we all know the Wii was absolute garbage. Very few good games were on it (the few that were good were very good though), yet it was an absolute success, selling tons and tons more than the other two, you know who.

I would love to have a console Pokemon game with a traditional controller and that's more competitive (yet not no BRO DO YOU EVEN EV) with the amazing graphics that the Xbox and Playstation can provide. However, I have not played nor even seen the WiiU yet, so my opinion may be considered bias. Maybe this isn't an unpopular opinion, but doesn't Nintendo seem like that one uncle that used to bring you cool gifts for your birthday but then got locked up, and when he got out everything just hasn't been the same? 

Yeah, Tales of Symphonia and Phantasy Star Online:Episodes 1 and 2 were totally the best GC games.

Xbox technically has no exclusive titles. Anything that can be played on Xbox can be played on PC with "free" online services, and almost always at a lower price with higher customization.

I think rapid-controllers are fair and I hate fps games that punish them. It demonstrates the economy at it's best, the people with the most money will succeed competitively more often then not. Not to mention, you have to deal with recoil, which is surprisingly high when you're firing a gun meant for 400rpm at almost 1200rpm, lol. Who knew?

tl;dr, Wii sucks, I dont know shit about WiiU, Tales and PSO were best GC games, Xbox is so Tier 2, and rapid-fire is 1337. 

Sorry, but if Nintendo falls, they're going to take their franchises with them. You will never have Mario or Zelda in PlayStation.

Wii's success was thanks to the casual audience and the innovative-for that time-motion controls. Plus, the Wii had a wide library of excellent titles. Nothing compared to the GameCube, of course, but excellent enough.

Nintendo doesn't need to have the most powerful hardware to succeed. DS outsold the PSP. Wii outsold both PS3 and 360, and 3DS outsold the Vita. They don't need to make expensive, cutting-edge technology hardware, because they have never been about the power and the graphics.

They have few 3rd party support, because their 1st party titles overshadow them. People usually buy Nintendo for the 1st parties, not to play the latest FIFA or CoD. 3rd party support is stronger in PS3 and 360, because their 1st parties aren't as great as Nintendo's, and there's balance between the two parties.

3DS is the top-selling console at the moment, and it's just going to keep selling. The Wii U is doing poorly at the moment, mostly because people think the gamepad is just an upgrade for the Wii. Nintendo needs to both advertise better the Wii U and release more 1st party games. In fact, they'll reveal the next 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash in their E3 Nintendo Direct.

In few words: Nintendo won't leave the market, nor sell their licences. Their hardware has never been about being powerful. The Wii U is good enough for this generation. It will be cheaper than both PS4 and XB1, and I know it will start selling well once more titles come out.

(edited)

Oh look, a thread dedicated to unpopular gaming opinions, while I re-post, I guess I'll add in a few extra ones

- Suda 51/Grasshopper Manufacture is the epitome of Quality game design

- I believe Epic Games game's(i.e. Gears of War, Unreal) are incredibly dull and boring on top of being mediocre developers

- Crytek sucks for continuing to ignore Timesplitters

- Bully is better than GTA

- Killzone is generic as fuck

- Brothers in Arms Furious Four looks awesome(is it still the same?)

- DBZ fighting games stopped being good after Tenkaichi 3, and they should consider other genres

- Insomniac is better at making fun and querky like Spyro or R&C rather than generic tripe like Resistance

- Skyrim's is one of the most overrated games ever

- FFVI is more overrated than VII

- PSP is the best handheld ever

- Gamecube and the Wii are the best consoles ever

- Halo is awesome and a lot of those who bashes it are just bandwagoning

- Metroid Other M was awesome

- I dislike MMOs and RTS games. A lot

- PC fanboys, Microsoft fanboys, Sony fanboys, and Nintendo fanboys all suck. Which one sucks more, I have no idea, but they can all spontaneously combust

- All of the Post-Starfox 64 games are awesome and I actually prefer them to 64

- FFVIII was the best mainline PS1 FF(Tactics is still the best FF period)

- Twilight Princess is the best 3D Zelda

- CoD1 and 2>The rest of the series

- Contrary to popular belief, CoD are solid games, they just make too much without changing much, and publishers are getting the wrong idea from the franchises success

- Resident Evil 4 is the Hallmark of Excellence for RE games, but like the argument above, Capcom got the wrong idea from the game's success

- Squall>Zidane and Cloud(even though VII and IX had a much better cast of characters)

- I liked Tidus

- Megaman X>Zero

- Megaman X6 was better than the more popular games like X5 or X3

- The "but the 16-bit era was littered with platformers, quit whining about shooters!" argument is bogus, with what consoles can do now, there should be no reason why all we get is mostly shooters

- Online is going to be the downfall of gaminga(especially if Xbone is any indication)

- Older-style GTA games are better than the newer ones

- Mortal Kombat's fighting style is shit

- Mario Sunshine>>>>>>>>>>64 and Galaxy

- MGS2's Raiden was actually a cool guy

Now let's see the jimmies rustle

UPDATE: Couple more

- Starfox going online is a terrible idea. Here's why

- Starfox 64 quote's are some of the most annoying lines and memes in the history of the internet, and gives things "20% Cooler" and "over 9000" a run for it's money

Edited by Godot
  • Brohoof 1