Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually buy MLP:FiM merchandise?

ermahgerdapples

I say choose your poison carefilly (see what i did there) my little friend are all here, i need more by the way i got like 70 shotglasses

post-16202-0-45783300-1370883897_thumb.jpg

Nope, no pony merchandise for me.  Most of my fun money goes towards buying books.  I've been meaning to get some ponies but I'm somewhat of a Bibliophile and my love for books gets in the way sometimes.  I'd love to get some pony-plushies though.

mlfw3894-RD_ARM_WIGGLE.gif

I can see where you are coming from. Do you have a LOT of bullies in your school? We have a few but I really don't pay attention to them because they are just D-bags. I have one hat and I bought my friend a Fluttershy dogtag. If they (the bullies) are being completely serious about it I will respond very seriously but with funny content that makes no sense to them. Like when I was riding the bus to my friends house he called my brony hat f-ing gay so I said, "Can you fly at mach two speeds and create a rainbow at the same time? I think not so f off." Or I will just be funny about it and try to get them to laugh with, not at me. 

I don't have bullies, but some people are somewhat really big jerks. I do have 3 brony friends at my school, so I don't think they would mind at all if I wore a MLP:FiM t-shirt. Some people really don't care if I like MLP:FiM or not, and some are trying to force me to stop watching it. This website is basically the only place I can express my feelings about the show. .-.

I don't have bullies, but some people are somewhat really big jerks. I do have 3 brony friends at my school, so I don't think they would mind at all if I wore a MLP:FiM t-shirt. Some people really don't care if I like MLP:FiM or not, and some are trying to force me to stop watching it. This website is basically the only place I can express my feelings about the show. .-.

What are they doing to try to force you to stop watching it? Now I am very curious as to what is happening. They really should not care but I guess some people care about things that have nothign to do with them.

Really? I have a friend who wants me to stop watching it, but he's not much of a jerk. Or do they threaten to beat you up or something if you don't stop? This thought kinda worries me.

What are they doing to try to force you to stop watching it? Now I am very curious as to what is happening. They really should not care but I guess some people care about things that have nothign to do with them.

Well, the people that are trying to force me to stop watching it are my friends. One of them, I have known for quite a while, and another I just met this school year. They're really just cussing me out to stop watching it and threatening me. But, since it's the summer, and I'm away from them, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

yahoo derpy_emoticon1.png

Really? I have a friend who wants me to stop watching it, but he's not much of a jerk. Or do they threaten to beat you up or something if you don't stop? This thought kinda worries me.

They're threatening to "not be my friend anymore", well, atleast 1 of them is saying that. And he's been my friend since 3rd grade, and look what happened to him. He's really just caring about things that aren't about him, and he really should just ignore it.

Well, the people that are trying to force me to stop watching it are my friends. One of them, I have known for quite a while, and another I just met this school year. They're really just cussing me out to stop watching it and threatening me. But, since it's the summer, and I'm away from them, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

yahoo derpy_emoticon1.png

They don't seem like very good friends to me. They should support you in whatever you do, not make fun or try to get you to stop doing something that you like doing.

They don't seem like very good friends to me. They should support you in whatever you do, not make fun or try to get you to stop doing something that you like doing.

I think I'll really just ignore whatever they say. Or, I can show them the freaking brony documentary to explain it to them properly. And yes, they aren't really good friends now. sad.png

I just bought my first pony shirt, but I'm probably done after that. It was hard enough convincing my Mom to get me one pony shirt, but a bunch and pony toys! That would pretty much never happen...

I think I'll really just ignore whatever they say. Or, I can show them the freaking brony documentary to explain it to them properly. And yes, they aren't really good friends now. sad.png

See the problem is they have not given the show a chance I'm assuming? My friend kind of poked at me because I liked the show then one day I just rode my bike to his house, sat down, and forced him to watch it. He loves it now. My friend and I did the same thing to another friend when we went to his house. He also likes the show now and I think we are all going to go see EG in theaters together.

See the problem is they have not given the show a chance I'm assuming? My friend kind of poked at me because I liked the show then one day I just rode my bike to his house, sat down, and forced him to watch it. He loves it now. My friend and I did the same thing to another friend when we went to his house. He also likes the show now and I think we are all going to go see EG in theaters together.

I know, right? See, this is the problem with anti-bronies. They're saying the show is "gay" and that they should "take it down". "Just watch the damn show, anti-bronies". blink.png

• Brohoof 1

I know, right? See, this is the problem with anti-bronies. They're saying the show is "gay" and that they should "take it down". "Just watch the damn show, anti-bronies". blink.png

Doesn't always work, I'm afraid. My friend still thought it was gay and cheesy after watching it. Plus, I've seen an anti-brony thread on reddit where people have said they've watched the show and hated it. You either like it or you don't. Although, some people are so determined to hate it that they just can't like it. The only way you can make a good decision about the show is to keep an open mind.

• Brohoof 2

Doesn't always work, I'm afraid. My friend still thought it was gay and cheesy after watching it. Plus, I've seen an anti-brony thread on reddit where people have said they've watched the show and hated it. You either like it or you don't. Although, some people are so determined to hate it that they just can't like it. The only way you can make a good decision about the show is to keep an open mind.

Agreed.

How the heck did you manage to bypass the minimum word limit?

Anyway, it's hard knowing that there are people who post pointless hate about a show they shouldn't even care about.

I don't know how I got past the word limit to be quite honest :P. I just kind of posted that without thinking and it worked. But yeah, spreading hate about something with no knowledge of what you're hating on is why my generation, modern high school students, are growing up to be close-minded, judgmental assholes.

My school is INFESTED with potheads that call everyone else a fag if they don't smoke. They're not bullies, they don't go out of their way to make fun of you or anything, but they're just assholes. To show you how bad the "pothead" thing is let me tell you that there is this one kid who wore the same Bob Marley One Love sweatshirt every single day for the entire year. I don't have anything against you if you do smoke, I even have a few friends who do it, just don't hate on people for not smoking. And these people are generally the most judgmental people ever, except of the few that I'm friends with.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have any MLP merchandise but that's because I mostly just like to watch PMVs and the show itself. None of the physical merchandise really appeals to me except maybe posters.

I've got a Winter Wrap Up hoodie, Vinyl Scratch tee, and a playmat (for card games. Who needs motorcycles?).

That's just about it though. Considering each cost me about 40 each though, I don't feel bad at all for having a limited 'collection'.

I don't have a lot, mainly because of money and I don't have a lot of storage space. But I do buy merch when I can. I don't feel I have to, but if I see something I like/want, I'll pick it up if possible.

Right now I pretty much just have clothes/accessories. I have several t-shirts (I do wear these in public constantly), I have two Rainbow Dash necklaces (one with her cutie mark, one of her face) that I also wear publicly, and a wristband what has Rainbow Dash on it and "Brony" written on it (I wear this one at work). I also have a bunch of buttons. My parents don't care if I'm a brony and so I can bring home merch with no fear.

As for toys, I would love to buy some, and especially plushies, but that's where I draw my fear threshold, sadly. I am fine with wearing pony shirts in public and not caring what people think, but for whatever reason I am just too self-conscious about being seen buying what are perceived as (and let's be fair, they are) girls' toys.

• Brohoof 1

Not yet, firstly because I haven't really come out yet. Not to mention it feeling weird to wear pony-related clothing out in public and in front of family. Really, the only merch I'm only interested in getting are the trading cards and blindbags. And...eh...maybe a few Twi and Dash shirts too.

As a side note, if there were pony-themed hockey jerseys out there, that would be epic, too.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, once your parents and friends know about you being a brony (and hopefully accept it), it's all a whole lot easier since you don't have to hide anything anymore and don't have to purchase merchandise secretly. My dad couldn't really care less, and my mom was glad (suprisingly) that I was taking an interest in something more positive.smile.png

Yep. Got the Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Derpy vinyl figures, Cloudsdale Playset, three shirts, multiple tins, one blindbag pony, and lots of trading cards. I mostly buy the cards, because I've always been a huge card collector and card game player. I only wish they would release a pony card game you can actually play, but I'm content for now with just collecting and making up games to play with them.

On the note about people picking on you for the show... look, that's going to happen about anything, as I've seen people picked on for the littlest and stupidest things. But what I can't understand is why people you've had as friends for the longest time would tell you to stop watching the show or they'll stop being your friend.

This is over a television show. They need to grow up and accept that people like different things than they do. Lord knows they probably have skeletons in their closet that they don't want anyone to find out about, and the fact that one of their friends likes My Little Pony really shouldn't bother them that much. If they can't live with the fact that you like ponies, I would say just leave them behind because they're not true friends, but I'm not going to because I don't know if you'd be comfortable doing that. For me, all of my friends have accepted it and think no differently of me. I'm still the same old person I was before they found out I liked ponies, although some of them have pointed out that I seem to be nicer and more light-hearted now, which I chalk up to being a positive effect of the show on me.

Which is cool to me! Regardless, I just hope you recognize that perhaps your friends need to wise up and see that being a Brony is nothing to sever relationships over. Then again, the current teenage mindset is one that baffles and puzzles me on a daily basis, so what do I know?

• Brohoof 2

Depends on the sort of merchandise. I can't take anything with brushable hair seriously - inaccurate hairstyles just make it worse - and I have no care for logo/emblem/memetic t-shirts. On the other hand... I have, like, 40 minatures. Not that anyone knows that, I just like having them.

When I was a little girl I used to buy horse figurines/toys all the time. The only reason I didn't buy MLP ones is because they were more costly. Now that I have a job and stuff and me liking the new show , it's totally an excuse to buy lots of the brushables and other things. Of course I love plushes anyway ! ^_^