Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually buy MLP:FiM merchandise?

ermahgerdapples

Yes I buy MLP merchandise. I'm 22 and have a full-time job. (Only making 8.00/hr, so moving out would be difficult.)  The last thing I got was The micro series volume 1 comic. Me? I disregard what people say about me being a brony. I have 1 brony friend, and everybody else doesn't care, though they tease me about it a little. I just tell them to stuff it.

• Brohoof 1

I buy what I like. I don't in any way feel like I'm obligated to collect merch just because I'm a fan, but if I see something that looks cool, I'ma get my hooves on it.

So far I've only got a T-shirt and some figurines, and I don't really plan on getting a whole lot else other than the remaining figurines I'm missing, another shirt and perhaps a plushie. Figures, shirts and plushies are really the only areas that interest me. The brushables and the lunch boxes and the trading cards and all that hoo-hah, I can live without.

Tee-hee. If only I knew what a merch junkie I'd grow to be. Since that post, I've come to collect every figurine set that's been released so far; most of the Funko vinyl figures; 6" Aurora plushies of all the Mane 6; the 4DE Twilight and Pinkie plushies; at least 8 t-shirts; the first 3 volumes of the IDW comics; a bunch of other miscellaneous swag (various pins, bookmarks, a travel mug, key chains, a crocheted Rarity, coffee cups, a binder with some trading cards, a lunchbox, a tote, car window decals, and other stuff). I can't be assed to gather all my crap together and take a pic of it all en masse, but if you check out the latest merch thread, you can see everything I've bought since I joined back in April.

Call my will to collect so much pony merch "crazy" if you will - hell, if it is crazy, then I fully embrace that craziness - but it makes me happy, and that's honestly all that really matters. As much as I'd like to say I've got just about everything that I'd want, I can still see my collection expanding in the future. I have my limits, of course (still won't buy those awful brushables), but I hope I don't become like one of those really crazy collectors. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I have as of yet bought a single ring of notebook paper, and I bought this mainly because it had two out of three of my favorite ponies. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity are my two favorite of the Mane Six, the third Rainbow Dash not nearly as much.

Besides a couple of vinyls and a Pinkie Pie plushie from last year, I don't buy official FIM merchandise anymore.

1. Most of the official merchandise is in terrible quality. I like to buy products that I know have a lot of effort and attention to detail put into it. Most of the official toys age rather poorly, break, or get easily lost.
  2. Most of the official products don't have a lot of value. I search for products that are high in quality, worth the price offered, and sturdy enough so when future generations start playing with it, they're not going to easily break or fall apart.
  3. Far too many are manufactured in countries like China, where people work like slaves to finish the product with little industrial cost. That's absolutely insulting as a customer. If I see a FIM toy that's "Made in Chine," "Made in Hong Kong," "Made in Taiwan," or in any other country with exploitative labor, it goes back on the shelf.

If I'll buy any FIM merchandise, it must be high-quality, valuable, worth the price, and developed in an environment that treats people with dignity.

• Brohoof 1

Tee-hee. If only I knew what a merch junkie I'd grow to be. Since that post, I've come to collect every figurine set that's been released so far; most of the Funko vinyl figures; 6" Aurora plushies of all the Mane 6; the 4DE Twilight and Pinkie plushies; at least 8 t-shirts; the first 3 volumes of the IDW comics; a bunch of other miscellaneous swag (various pins, bookmarks, a travel mug, key chains, a crocheted Rarity, coffee cups, a binder with some trading cards, a lunchbox, a tote, car window decals, and other stuff). I can't be assed to gather all my crap together and take a pic of it all en masse, but if you check out the latest merch thread, you can see everything I've bought since I joined back in April.

Call my will to collect so much pony merch "crazy" if you will - hell, if it is crazy, then I fully embrace that craziness - but it makes me happy, and that's honestly all that really matters. As much as I'd like to say I've got just about everything that I'd want, I can still see my collection expanding in the future. I have my limits, of course (still won't buy those awful brushables), but I hope I don't become like one of those really crazy collectors. :wacko:

Seriously...

Before this show, I only ever bought like hats or t-shirts relating to stuff that I liked.

Now I go pretty ape for any kind of merchandise that doesn't suck...

Oh, and by the way...

Best avatar ever, Thrash.

Calling it now.

• Brohoof 1

At first it was mild for me to get merchandise...but lately...I have so many characters I like that I can actually get that it's tempting to start a small collection. I like collecting things.

• Brohoof 1

Oh when I clicked that I totally thought it was gonna be one of those REALLY crazy collectors. However if that picture is a "really crazy collector" then i guess I am XD then again I guess I knew that already.only difference is I don't keep my stuff boxed. I like the brushables too XD

and those are both old pics I have a bunch more stuff now 

Edited by Lady Leopardess
  • Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, I (try to) buy every piece of merch I can get my hooves on ... okay not really, but I do buy a decent amount! In fact it's getting to the point where I'm running out of space on the shelf I usually put it all of my MLP merch on ... not that it's a super big shelf, but still. :derp:

Edited by Sir Jackleberry

Well That all depends on if my mom goes shopping and I get the chance to go. Usually I just buy the merchandise at a small quantity depending on how much money I have and willing to Spend on, but usually the collector's advice is to start small on buying the pony merch before making big purchases.

Also as for buying, well that all depends on which I want the most like that talking princess twilight sparkle toy for an example. As for the books, Well Usually I just buy them at Vons unless it's a Novel Book like Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell because I don't go to the nearest book store that often unless I get a chance to go there.

I have a Rainbow Dash plushie (She sits right on my bass drum, I swear she makes me play better, maybe it's my good luck charm) and 2 t shirts, but I woulden't consider myself too hardcore as I have no intrest whatsoever in an OC or role playing.  I plan on going to BronyCan, and I just really love the show and the community, so I guess iv'e made it my job to support everypony inbolved regardless :)

Well it is extremely difficult to get merchandise in the UK (unless you buy the dolls/blind bags/figurines which really aren't my thing)

But if I had the opportunity to, I definitely would.

Edited by MidnightInferno

I used to, don't really do so anymore though but I'm always ready to buy like a t-shirt or something like that but not like I used to. The reason is just that I haven't been able to but it's also just that I haven't been too interested in buying it. It's not because I think it's weird it's just I don't see the point since I already have a small collection which is enough for me but I'm still always open for more.

Yes. I've bought all (well, almost all) the comics (although digital versions, so might not count), and the 4DE Twilight plushie. I'll probably get the Fluttershy plushie when that comes out, too. And maybe some shirts sometime in the future, although I don't really like advertising (even for non-MLP stuff). However, I'm not super hungry for merchandise, so I don't have a lot of it.

I do!  I'm trying not to get into a collecting mindset, because I did that in my last fandom and I literally have thousands of dollars worth of stuff I couldn't afford surrounding me (granted, it's awesome, but I can't do that for 2 fandoms xD)

That being said, I love plushies so I do have all the build a bears and a cuddly funrise Fluttershy (not particularly accurate, but cheap enough to cuddle without fear of damaging her).  I totally don't have a couple pairs of Rainbow Dash boxers too. (Way too much information for my second post on the forum)  

And while it's not official merchandise I just blew a bundle on a Snowdrop plush commission, cause Snowdrop is too cute to not spend bundles on.

• Brohoof 1

Yes!! I walk around school proudly with my mlp schoolbag. I also have like four mlp shirts (but I want more), and a bunch of the brushies and blind bag ponies. I'd really like to get the funko toys. My parents are down to get me mlp clothing, but it's harder to convince them to let me buy the toys because it takes up way to much space.  -_-

I have a Derpy Hooves vinyl collectable, but that's it. :P My parents would think I'm too weird if I got anything else. I would like a T-shirt or something, but I'm not too obsessed with getting anything else.

I only really get the bind bag pones, maybe because I'm too poor to afford all the cool fan made stuff and that the majority of the official stuff doesn't look so good IMO.

The only MLP merachandise I buy is some t-shirts like.... once a year cause they are a bit too expensive for me. I wouldn't mind some buttons, they always look cool- with or without ponies.

Some time ago I ordered this pretty thing as a gift for my fiance:

http://clawed-nyasu.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Luna-3D-Printed-Figure-427383095

Generally, I'm disgusted with how MLP toys and gadgets looks like and I wouldn't waste my money on such things but I'll always gladly give money to some good MLP artists. At least they are puting some heart and work into things they sell.

Edited by Burning Question

I have all the unique pony brushables, including some rare ones, some prototypes, and factory errors. I have at least one of each of the Mane Six, including ones with small variations, such as Rainbow Dash with rounded eyes. I'm working on my blindbag collection. I have 2 SDCC Derpy brushables, one still mint.

However, I won't by Mane Six variations that I find to be distasteful in appearance, such as the most recent brushable release with the gross looking hair and caffeinated Fluttershy. The only Mane Six pony that I buy each version of is Applejack and I'm only missing her fashion-sized brushable and a few blindbags.