Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually buy MLP:FiM merchandise?

ermahgerdapples

I have TONNES of MLP merchandise and I'm always looking for the latest toy o3o Frankly, I don't care what people think when I buy it and my parents don't care XD I'm 22, I do what I want!

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Well I do not buy any of the toys or anything like that and I probably never would unless they were like..very show-accurate. And I don't really buy other merch either.

The only things I got is 5 mlp tshirts, a vinyl scratch poster, a tgap doorhanger and a rainbow dash I got from mcdonald's haha (which doesnt even look like rainbow dash).

Edited by Jokuc

So far, I've only bought the vinyl Rainbow Dash.  I have lots of toys, but I'm pretty picky about articulation and since the ponies are all statues, I haven't been that interested.  The vinyl's just have really nice sculpts so I decided to at least get 1 or 2 of them.

I do also have a McDonald's Fluttershy, but I didn't buy it; it was given to me by a college friend.

Yeah I have bought quite a large number of MLP merchandise, 

Why not just buy one or two of the character toys? there quite small and not too noticable if your not open about ponies and all that stuff

I have bought tshirts (yes I wear them in public) and I've been thinking about buying the little mini figurines that are show accurate so I have something for my desk. I don't get afraid of what people are going to say and think about me. I talk and come off as a confident/arrogant/funny person so people don't judge me for what I wear or have. Plus I usually always have a smile on so people will usually just come up and talk to me about anything.

• Brohoof 1

Three brony shirts (two Dash, one Discord), two Dash plushies, an MLP DVD, tons of blindbags, a Dash vinyl figure from Hot Topic, brony/Rainbow Dash sunglasses, a Brony/Dash lanyard for work...

Yes, I buy merch tongue.png I'm not a rabid collector, but every now and then I'll find something that's pretty cool, or has Dash or one of my other favorite characters, and I'll allow the Impulse Buy mindset to dictate my actions img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Shouldn't let fear rule your life, either. One of the inherent issues of being in this fandom to start with. Just show them the Brony Documentary or something :3

Your kind of right Wonder, but I'm really, REALLY sensitive about being criticized. I have anger issues, and it just sets me off when people make fun of me. So, I don't think I'll buy any MLP:FiM t-shirts anytime soon, unless I just wear them at home, but not in public.

Of course; doesn't hurt. My family know I'm a Brony anyway, and they don't mind. I have four of the blind bag figures, and two T-shirts. (One of them is of Gummy; I wear this in public. Recognisable by other Bronies, merely an alligator to non-Bronies.) The figures sit happily just beneath my monitor n.n

Shirts were from Redbubble. I'm hoping to get a hoodie from there as well; great website. 

(edited)

Say hello to my little pony(friend), i also gave a rainbow dash on the other side and applejack in a shot glass

post-16202-0-80747100-1370863438_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaReaper

I'm curious. Do you actually buy the merchandise? I don't. I mean, if I was a REALLY hardcore brony, then maybe I would. I'm just kind of afraid that my parents will think I'm abnormal.

Your parents already think that you're abnormal if they know you watch the show.

Yes I do buy some merchandise.  I walk over to hot topic and get a few buttons that I like but that's about it.

I do. I have a MLP shirt and a Derpy bracelet wristband, and I'm planning to get some Dashie headphones and a Vinyl Scratch shirt. My parents actually don't really care about me being a brony, they're pretty fine with it because I'm honing my art skills by doing stuff here in the fandom. :)

I buy mlp merch, but i don't hunt them down and kidnap them, I only buy when I think its appropriate, what I mean by "Appropriate" is when I have spare cash, I don't blow my wealth away on mlp toys, food and shelter is more important than mlp, because if there is no food or shelter you wont be able to live and experience mlp. So basically buy when you have spare cash and there's nothing else you want to buy.

(edited)

No.
I mean yes, I mean...
Does this look like pony merch to you?

expanded_universe_by_soy_un_perdedor-d68

Yeah. Star Wars eats up nearly all of my merch budget.
I do have some pony-related stuff, though: The mandatory Dashie brushable, a few blind bag ponies, and a Derpy plushie.
I really don't think I need to blow shitloads of money on stuff in order to be called a true fan.

Edited by Sickman

Yeah, I've bought a few things from PonyConAU because it's basically my only chance of getting merchandise other than buying it from Build-a-Bear. I don't really buy a ton of stuff, I think I have enough for the mean time. In fact, I don't really buy merch, I mostly got my stuff from my birthday x) But right now I have:

- 1 Rainbow Dash LED shirt

- 1 Rainbow Dash LED Fleece Scarf

- 1 Mane 6 shirt

- 1 Rainbow Dash pillow

- 2 MLP wallpapers

- 4 figurines

- 2 of those MLP McDonald Happy Meal toys (Funny thing is that I asked for the actual toy instead of the meal xD )

Nope, not really since i'm not really interested in these stuff. My parents probably know i'm a brony, they didn't say a word about it so they probably don't care.

The only pony stuff i'd buy would be a Rarity plushie, but again, i don't have any money at the moment.

Your kind of right Wonder, but I'm really, REALLY sensitive about being criticized. I have anger issues, and it just sets me off when people make fun of me. So, I don't think I'll buy any MLP:FiM t-shirts anytime soon, unless I just wear them at home, but not in public.

I can see where you are coming from. Do you have a LOT of bullies in your school? We have a few but I really don't pay attention to them because they are just D-bags. I have one hat and I bought my friend a Fluttershy dogtag. If they (the bullies) are being completely serious about it I will respond very seriously but with funny content that makes no sense to them. Like when I was riding the bus to my friends house he called my brony hat f-ing gay so I said, "Can you fly at mach two speeds and create a rainbow at the same time? I think not so f off." Or I will just be funny about it and try to get them to laugh with, not at me. 

almost bought a MLP shirt when I was in Hot Topic yesterday, but I just couldn't bring myself to drop $22.50. I've already been spending a lot more money than usual recently. I do have my fair share of trading cards, however.

• Brohoof 1

I buy what I like. I don't in any way feel like I'm obligated to collect merch just because I'm a fan, but if I see something that looks cool, I'ma get my hooves on it.

So far I've only got a T-shirt and some figurines, and I don't really plan on getting a whole lot else other than the remaining figurines I'm missing, another shirt and perhaps a plushie. Figures, shirts and plushies are really the only areas that interest me. The brushables and the lunch boxes and the trading cards and all that hoo-hah, I can live without.

I've never collected the toys, because I like to collect stuff I can use (i.e., shirts, pillows, coffee mugs, ect). I don't like to collect them because for me, they would just sit around and do nothing. It's like buying a statue. This is also why I don't collect posters. Although I was tempted to buy a Derpy toy at Hot Topic and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia talking bobbleheads from the FX store.

I own season one on dvd, the commentaries were nice, and I was happy to support the series.  I also own volume one of the comic, issues 1 through 4, but sadly I don't think I'm a fan of the comic.  That's all the merchandise I have.  I may get a plushie or something someday.