Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Worst and Best Albums You've Ever Heard

Clockwork Chaos

Hey Everypony, i was just wondering about the 2 extremes of all your musical tastes :)

To this end i want to know what the best and worst album/s you've ever heard are, and why

so for me, the best (lately at least) would have to be The Living Infinite by Soilwork. A contemporary melodic death metal masterpiece, rivaled by none.

on the other hand, however, we have British Lion by Steve Harris- this is literally the worst album ever to be shat out by pure mediocrity in the history of history.

I'd love to know what your thoughts are :)

Best of all time for me at least is Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" worst or biggest mistake i bought was Dragonforce "Inhuman Rampage" waste of $5

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've heard a lot of albums that would take the number one spot for me, but some include

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Mount Kimbie - Crooks & Lovers

Skream - Skream!

Distance - My Demons

Converge - Jane Doe

Converge - No Heroes

DJ Sharpnel - ランニング★オールナイトッ!!

USAO - Kick's for Liberation 3

Boards of Canada - Music has the right to Children

Clubroot - II MMX

The worst one has to be the following:

Metallica - Lulu

Asking Alexandria - Stepped up and Scratched

Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites

Skrillex - Bangarang

Edited by Chiaki Minami

Hmmm... well I just finished listening to the worst album that I've ever listened to in its entierity. That album was Come Clarity by In Flames. I think I've talked enough shit about this album already.

so for me, the best (lately at least) would have to be The Living Infinite by Soilwork. A contemporary melodic death metal masterpiece, rivaled by none.

Rivaled by none? Bitch plz, Carcass>any other melodeath band. 

Hmmm... well I just finished listening to the worst album that I've ever listened to in its entierity. That album was Come Clarity by In Flames. I think I've talked enough shit about this album already.

Rivaled by none? Bitch plz, Carcass>any other melodeath band. 

Never heard anything from Carcass. i'll take you up on that challenge, sir, could you be a gentleman and link me their best song?

I can't really say what the worst album I've heard is because I only listen to albums that I like lol

Same problem here, I don't listen to full albums of bands I despise. Now I can say that the worst album I ever bought was Bon Jovi, greatest hits. I don't despise Bon Jovi, I just don't think he is very good. Wish I hadn't wasted 5 dollars on it.

Lets see best album would have to be The Wall by Pink Floyd. That thing is a masterpiece. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's not even close to being the worst album ever. 

Go listen to Justin Bieber and seriously tell me Come Clarity is worse.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

true though that may be, the point isn't to go out of your way to find shit, it's just the largest turd of an album you've come across during your travels.

(edited)

Never heard anything from Carcass. i'll take you up on that challenge, sir, could you be a gentleman and link me their best song?

I am disapointed in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ1f57XIbQA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You sound like a five year old comparing JB to In Flames. BTW At the Gates is better than In Flames.

true though that may be, the point isn't to go out of your way to find shit, it's just the largest turd of an album you've come across during your travels.

Compared to their early stuff it's a piece of shit.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

Best album; both from the Foo Fighters. I'm torn between going with the good ol' Colour and the Shape, or going with Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. They deviated from their normal style with the latter, and not everyone liked it, but I damn loved it. Save one song (Cheer Up Boys) each song on it became a favourite. It also has Come Alive, which is my all-time favourite song from any artist.

Worst album would be "Colour Code Everything" from Micky Worthless. Friend gave me it for free because he didn't want it, and I could tell why. It was insulting to British hip-hop. The main track used the BGM from Lavender Town in Pokémon for a beat, it was that lazily made. It's so many levels below not only other hip-hop albums but music in general.

Why did I know you were gonna post that one

Though anyways I'll just leave my top 4 albums:

Radiohead - Kid A

Converge - Jane Doe

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92

pg.99 - Document #8

And as for worse, really just any album by any band or artist that I don't like

The best :

Tool - Aenima, Undertow, Lateralus

Autechre: Quaristice, Garbage, Incunabula (fav)

King Crimson: Discipline and ITCOTKC

Boards of Canada: All albums <3

the worst are

everything Metallica

Pop shit

• Brohoof 2

There's a couple albums which tie for best;

Caligvla by Ex Deo

Images and Words by Dream Theatre

The Future is Now by Non-Phixion

And probably some others I can't remember right now.

And the worst is Death Magnetic. That album is just so awful. Complete shit.

My favorite album? That's a tough one. Currently I have a tie:

Revolver by The Beatles

Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M. by Simon and Garfunkel

Revolver had all of those trippy acid rock songs that no other album save for Yesterday and Today, and those were just leftovers from the British Revolver. And it had Love You To, the best raga rock song period.

Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M. is way underrated. It's stripped of all of the overdubs and whatnot of all of their later albums. Just them and a guitar.

My least favorite? That's easy.

Lulu by Lou Reed and Metallica

I hate Metallica. I don't know much about Lou Reed. Put them together: What is this? I don't even? Some people say its deep, or a statement on something. All I hear is a dense, meaningless sack of shit.

• Brohoof 2

Some of the best albums I've ever heard include:

Pearl Jam - Ten
Nirvana - Bleach
Ratsia - Kloonattu Sukupolvi
Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols.
Soundgarden - Ultramega OK & Screaming Life

The worst album I've ever had to sit through was without a doubt Skrillex' "Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites"... I mean that was just... torture. Made my ears bleed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I forgot to say what my favorite albums were.

Non-metal:

In Utero by Nirvana

Meat Is Murder by The Smiths

Sister by Sonic Youth

Doolittle by The Pixies

Loveless by My Bloody Valentine

Metal:

Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious by Carcass

Symbolic by Death

Burum by Burzum

Orchid by Opeth

Dopethrone by Electric Wizard

Colors by Between the Buried and Me

Confederacy of Ruined Lives by Eyehategod

Show No Mercy by Slayer

everything Metallica

Not everything by Metallica is bad, just whatever came after AJFA. Although, they're still very overrated IMO.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

My favorite albums

• Decrepit Birth- Diminishing Between Worlds

• Origin- Antithesis

• Necrophagist- Onset of Putrefaction

• Skinless- Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead

• Death- Human

• Death- Individual Thought Patterns

• Dying Fetus- Reign Supreme

• Beyond Creation- The Aura

• Viraemia- Viraemia

This is full of intense shit. I would put more, but I don't know if I would have room. As far as the worse album, the only thing that comes to mind is Appeal to Reason by Rise Against. i had poor taste in music back then.