Sport question for you.

Pinkamena Dianne Pie

Sport question.  

19 users have voted

1. 1. What would you rather do?

• Be non-active in a sport you love.
    • Be active in a sport you hate.

I have a question for all of you.

I had made the the choice to join baseball, a sport I love, but all I basically did was be bench warmer. I regretted not joining track, even though I can't stand running.

So I'm asking you this:

Would you rather be non-active in a sport you love? Or, be active in a sport you hate?

I wouldn't exactly enjoy doing a sport I wouldn't like, so why would I do it? I would much rather be watching my favorite sport from the sidelines or stand.

I'd rather be non-active in a sport I love. At least I'd get a chance to practice with the team, and you can always improve during the season. Hard work and commitment have a good chance at leading to more playing time.

I can't stand just watching! I would want to be active in a sport I hate. That's how it is every other day in gym class. We play the same stupid game that I cannot stand! I still participate and try to be the best teammate I can though.

I'm not a sports guy myself, but if I was, I would rather be non-active in a sport I love. Basically for the exact same reasons DashForever mentioned. You get to practice with the team, and hard work will get you more sports playing time.

I'd rather be non-active in a sport I love. At least I'd get a chance to practice with the team, and you can always improve during the season. Hard work and commitment have a good chance at leading to more playing time.

^This. Freshman year I tried out for my school's soccer team, and was put on JV, and told I'd probably never play in a game, unless we were winning by a margin of two or more goals. I also looked at track, but although I wasn't a half bad track runner in middle school, I had hated it every step of the way. So I decided to be a soccer benchwarmer. I trained and pushed and worked all season, and I never got off the bench, but was happy. In the offseason I trained even harder, and got lucky, hit a growth spurt, and the next season I was a starter on Varsity! If I had chosen to give up the sport I loved because of lack of playing time, I'd still be hating myself and running around on a track endlessly... No offense to any track fans in here happy.png   

• Brohoof 1

I might have confused some people what I meant by what I said was that I would want to be active in a sport that I hate but would still be in the sport I love. I play just about every sport I can and are very athletic so it's hard just to say I hate a sport.

I might have confused some people what I meant by what I said was that I would want to be active in a sport that I hate but would still be in the sport I love. I play just about every sport I can and are very athletic so it's hard just to say I hate a sport.

So, another sporty person, huh? So I guess the real question for you broniesunites is, do you think football or soccer is the 'more manly sport'? img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

• Brohoof 1

As someone who played sports, I hated and still hate sitting on the bench. I just wanna be out there doing whatever I can to win. My hatred for riding the bench is more than my hatred for my least favorite sport, so yeah, I'd wanna be active in a sport I hate.

I wouldn't have made this poll if I was younger, but I was a senior this year and EVERY year, starting in 7th grade, I was a starter. This year, out of over 16 games, I had only 4 at bats, and played 3 innings. So yeah, all that hard work for nothing.

I have to say that playing or being a part of a sport you love is always something that you should do if you love it then you are going to do your best at it. Just because it was your senior year doesn't mean baseball is over for you. There are many leagues for 18+ that you can play in and those are honestly more fun than playing for a school team. I love baseball but the years I was playing for my high school I hated it with a passion and I was a starter. It just wasn't as fun for me compared to playing in leagues that are just as serious but the teams are there to have fun.

(edited)

I have to say that playing or being a part of a sport you love is always something that you should do if you love it then you are going to do your best at it. Just because it was your senior year doesn't mean baseball is over for you. There are many leagues for 18+ that you can play in and those are honestly more fun than playing for a school team. I love baseball but the years I was playing for my high school I hated it with a passion and I was a starter. It just wasn't as fun for me compared to playing in leagues that are just as serious but the teams are there to have fun.

I would love to join a league like that, but I have a job and I'm part of the military, so I have no time to do it. But, When I go to college in the fall of 2014, I'll probably join the college baseball team.

Edited by Just a 1 Trick Pon-3

I would love to join a league like that, but I have a job and I'm part of the military, so I have no time to do it. But, When I go to college in the fall of 2014, I'll probably join the college baseball team.

There are leagues for guys of any age so if you continue to love the sport then you'll be able to play whenever your schedule frees up. Usually there is no age restriction in the older leagues.

There are leagues for guys of any age so if you continue to love the sport then you'll be able to play whenever your schedule frees up. Usually there is no age restriction in the older leagues.

That is true, but the older you get, the more it seems to lean towards slow-pitch softball. And personally, I'm not really much of a fan for softball. It's not really the same.

That is true, but the older you get, the more it seems to lean towards slow-pitch softball. And personally, I'm not really much of a fan for softball. It's not really the same.

The baseball league I have where I live has a variety of ages guys who are 20 all the way to 35+ . You can always play baseball as long as your physically capable to play at a competitive level.

The baseball league I have where I live has a variety of ages guys who are 20 all the way to 35+ . You can always play baseball as long as your physically capable to play at a competitive level.

Ok, you sold it for me, I'm happy now. Baseball leagues here I come. (When I finally have the time to do so after all my obligations.)

I'd rather be in a non-active sport that I love. (If that even exists - not a sports person, here.) I prefer less active activities to begin with, so the choice was easy. I rather like table tennis, which I suppose would fit into that category.

I wouldn't do something I hate at all, that just doesn't seem to make sense to me personally, i'd either play a sport I like, or not play a sport at all.

Then again I don't play any sports anymore honestly, because I absolutely suck at sports, so yeah :P.

So, another sporty person, huh? So I guess the real question for you broniesunites is, do you think football or soccer is the 'more manly sport'? img-1555075-1-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Honestly, it all depends on where you are from and what the major sport there is. I personally like both of them, but where I am from it is considered more "manly" to play football. If you are from Europe though it is a much larger thing there and would probably be considered more "manly" to play soccer.

I'd rather be non-active in a sport that I love because, if I'm active in a sport that I hate I won't enjoy playing it. So it is better to do what you love than to do something that you hate.

I'd rather be non-active in a sport I love because if I was playing in a sport I hated then I wouldn't enjoy it. Besides. If I was unactive in a sport I loved, they might be able to put me in if a player were injured.

I agree with the majority. I play highschool baseball too, and well...I dont get too much time either. (Like a start every other game)But I would much rather enjoy my time playing baseball than track. Which I cant stand, even though I have many friends on the track team.

(edited)

For me, I'd take the 2nd option for any sport except for football, soccer, or volleyball.

If it's a non-active sport that I love, then I'm probably adept at it to the point where participating in it whilst in a sports-like setting isn't going to be a very physically or mentally enriching experience.

Edited by Beyonder

• 9 years later...